Matt's TOP 100 (Revised V2)

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
-Don't know how to sum it up, really. Played with heart.-

300px-Welcome_to_the_Chum_Bucket.jpg

From a heart-warming story when a hero backs the villain, we turn to the silly story when the hero screwed the villain.

So, as it happened, Mr. Krabs had been beating his arch nemesis Plankton at playing cards. They've been betting it up for the lot,and Krabs (like in the nature of this series) always won. One night, however, Plankton won. That's right, Plankton won. Last time you've heard those words together when talking about SB? Says a lot doesn't it? To make it worse (and to get the plot going) Krabs bet on Bobby's legal contract. So you can visibly see where Plankton got his extra motivation (to cheat for the first time in FIFTEEN BLOODY YEARS). So thingsare going well, for one side at least.

Or so we thought.

After a brief montage of a heart-warming song (yes new SB fans, back then, the songs didn't give you ear chlamydia) Plankton decided that SB would start benefiting his business if he got a proper consolation. Bloody hell, that man loves his job. So Plankton bought everything needed to console SpongeBob. Or so he thought. Actually, he was right. But he was giving too many unnecessary love and affection. A discipline yet charismatic boss such as Krabs could mold Bobby into a world beater. Plankton turned him into an Alpha b**ch. As so, he acted as a proper d**k. Plankton decided (after some banter) to pit SB's brain into a robot.

Which worked. Sort of. In the end, Plankton snapped into sense and sold him back. Fin.

Overall, I liked the episode. First of all, that song really is enjoyable. It had heart. It spoke to the audience about how close the relationship is between an employee and his boss. I also liked how they've given a new dimension to the rivalry. This is the first actual time when we actually see SpongeBob working with Plankton. Plankton himself is a terrible motivator. Such as SpongeBob's new character. Which is terrible. Now I know this isn't 'Richard Hammond's Blast Lab' or any of those tad weird educational kids show, but still, SB showed horrible behavior of being such an arse. But still, a great episode.

Plus Points (+)
1. New rivalry dimension
2. Plankton was utterly brilliant
3. The song. Yeah.

Minus points (-)
1. Bad behaviour show off.
2. No one (apart from Plankton) was acting great nor funny.
3. My mother didn't like it. (What? I'm running out of things to say! :()

Next up, here's a clue to the next episode : Bribery by Reputation

hfjs

PERFECT SPOT for WTTCB. I agree with CF64, sounds like Selling Out, which is very high on my current list.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
#87 :
300px-Fiasco%21.png

Episode name : “Fiasco!”

Episode number : 168b

Season : 08

Comments
When I first put Drive Thru on the list the reason was the story. Out of all the season 8 eppies, it had the best one. But that's before today. I have seen it again, and I realised that it had below average execution. It felt vaguely like Ripped Pants since it forced a message. However, the message was then used to become a plot device and the episode spent all of it's execution on creating poor situations. So next time, I really shouldn't judge an episode in the middle of the night. Especially because I am a very sleepy person.

Anyway, so I replaced it with, what I think is a better replacement. And to be honest, I have only watched it today, but I replayed it for 5-6 times until I realised, "What is Drive Thru doing on my list?! This is definitely better. But I'm not putting it in a higher position, because of one thing. The episode is not consistent. The first part of the episode was great, then it became slightly dull by the middle bit. The very first bit (the commercial) is HANDS DOWN one of the funniest scene ever. I laugh like a madman when I saw Squidward arriving on a dolphin. There could be no better way to start an episode. Hilarious. The next bits are good too. I laugh at SpongeBob's thinking cap bit.

It gets boring once "Fiasco" left the Krusty Krab. At best, it was decently dull. I was expecting much more from the car chase and it kinda disappoint me. It hets from meh into totally random by the space seen. The bit in SB's house is, I admit, funny. That is until the cops arrive and arrest Plankton and ... Squidward. I mean come one. That DESTROYS the mark I would've given. I was going to give it a top 10 shot, but that ending ruined it. It had a clever story and a HILARIOUS first half of the episode. It frequently slows down once Fiaso leaves, but it's still good. The Patrick bit was funny, too. But that ending really buggered me. However, in many ways. It was a good episode and certainly deserves to eclipse Drive Thru.

180px-F7.jpg

Best Moment : The commercial

Best Character : Squidward

Best Quote : "Do you mind? Some people have nothing to do tomorrow." -Patrick-

cwn

Porous Freak
When you said bribery by reputation, I thought of Drive Thru, but for a different reason. Good placement.

hfjs

Mine may seem short, but I start and end earlier than most of you.

cwn

Porous Freak
Mine may seem short, but I start and end earlier than most of you.
Most people try to add suspense to their lists by waiting a few days between each update. It's not always laziness, unless they completely forget about their list.

hfjs

cwn said:
Most people try to add suspense to their lists by waiting a few days between each update. It's not always laziness, unless they completely forget about their list.
I know. I was talking about school years and when mine is.

Back