Matt's TOP 100 (Revised V2)

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
E.V.I.L said:
Man you have the longest school year a person has ever seen 0_o
Not school. But JOB.

I'm a "junior" journalist for a sport magazine.

-Simple quirky plot turning into a very complex story-

300px-Pickles.jpg

Let's be honest, you didn't get a single pick of this episode when it first came out.

Alright, maybe you did, but I certainly didn't. The message (or rather the point) is made clear. Very clearly by the execution. SpongeBob didn't do acting, he was interpreting the plot. In a very complex way. It's the exact opposite of a koala's life. 20 years of sleep and comfort, the exact first time it sneezes it catches AIDS. This episode is all about execution. The plot developed nicely but shortly, leaving under-age mugs nicer people call young children in a gaping disorientation of the exact episode's main momentum.

In other words; It's kinda weird.

Bubble Bass was the one who originates the story. He's the plotmaker. The onlt thing SB needs to do now, is to actually act the story. Keep it going. He did rather well, actually. No, not well. Outrageously excellent. I simply cannot stop loving every single one of SB's act in this episode. He's revulotionary. The act just took a whole new level of low-confidence insanity. In fact, I think it's the only reason why this episode made the cut is because of his comical mischieves.

180px-Pickles_Gallery_%2822%29.jpg

But that's really it. It doesn't have outrageous humorous collection, nor wonderful moments. A wise man once said,

"Great people aren't the ones who do the magic. They are the ones who interpret the magic."
- Matt the red-nose Roadie.
That is exactly what SpongeBob did. He didn't do magic. No great singing, no hilarious acts, no outrageous stunts. Just acting as a confused, disoriented man with no self-confidence. And he defined the role. He construe what one should do if one is given the task of acting as a confused, disoriented man with no self-confidence. That is what makes the episode a bit hard to understand at first.

But it is also what makes the episode itself.

Plus Points (+)
1. Excellent plot
2. First class performance from SpongeBob
3. Great way to introduce a character

Minus points (-)
1. Very hard to understand
2. Humor solely brilliant acts (not much of it)
3. I don't like how SB resolved his problem.

Again, sorry for not posting much lately. I've got myself a job as a time-spender. Which is basically just writing stuff for a magazine.

you have a job I thought you were in college?

Oh and I guess this eppisode is meh, I've never been the most fond but it is nice I guess.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
E.V.I.L said:
you have a job I thought you were in college?

Oh and I guess this eppisode is meh, I've never been the most fond but it is nice I guess.
Yeah, I probably should say it's a part-time job. A training, or some sorts.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
-Season 3 style season 4 episode-

300px-Fear_of_a_Krabby_Patty_-_Title_Card.png

Fear of a Krabby Patty is probably the episode that gave me the best feeling. The feeling that says, "Look! SpongeBob's back!" At that point, I thought SpongeBob is back and will be better and long-lasting than ever. I was right on one point.

This episode is also a bit annoying. I thought season 4 will just be like season 3. This episode is very similar to those season 3 kinds. It focused on developing witty humour as a way to let the story flow. The method this time is SpongeBob. It also had glimpses of Mr. Krabs' later forms. Pushing anything and everyone to the limit for the sake of winning a corporate c**k battle. In other words, he was flanderized.

Also, for the second consecutive times, the season starts with Plankton's plan. Also a glimpse of what would happen later throughout the series. The writers put the corporate rooster fight ahead of the classic power trio adventure (Bobby - Pat - Squid/Sandy)as the show's main plot arsenal. Which is fine at first. Well, fine as long as it's actually a good episode with witty humour and a plot that is actually enjoyable unlike some episode (read: New Leaf).

For the episode itself, it was rather enjoyable.

180px-It_could_be_a_poem_or_a_secret_formula.png

I like how Plankton developed a plan that consists psychological torture methods. Later on the series, Plankton's plans are rather one-dimensional. Taking on the whole Krusty crew army single-handedly using the power of jetpacks, small rocket, robots and boring executions of an episode. So, it was nice to see some variety. And how can you not like SpongeBob's crazy act. Unbelievable enjoyment. Also, the part where OMJ (old man Jenkins) randomly float through the storyboard in diagonal movement is absolutely hilarious. Even Squid (who didn't actually do much of the story) did some really sarcastic, witty stand ups.

But the problem is, it feels very rushed. The tempo of the episode (especially on the freak out part). It just seems too quick. But all in all, great episode.

Plus Points (+)
1. Excellent execution
2. Plankton's plan
3. The piano gag

Minus points (-)
1. Tempo too fast
2. Plot base too basic

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
-Might be the first proper musical. But it doesn't tell the story.-

300px-The_Sponge_Who_Could_Fly.jpg

People said the SpongeBob movie is the best way to end the series. This was another episode that would be perfect as a last episode. Ironically, it was called "The Lost Episode". Boy did it have memories in it.

The episode started on a very very high tempo. Well, actually the very start of the episode was slow. All due to the song about Spongy and his dream about flying with the jellyfish. Which is weird cause the jellyfish is actually swimming. And ... SB is ... walking? ... Meh, not important. But afterwards, SpongeBob sped up the episode. Gag after gag. Slapstick moments after slapstick moments. SpongeBob's plan to flying fell short every time. Which ment that if the first parts of the episodes were chopped to bits, you'd literally have yourself some shorts.

180px-Qwertyuiop.jpg

So basically after a lot of "Darn, not a single Eureka" moments, SpongeBob was famous for being nuts. Like Lucas Cruikshank. Unfortunately, unlike Lucas, he was almost pushed out of town. In fact, he could've died. At home, he was pranked-called and the guy was called Yo Mamma. Sorry, Jo Mamma. Suddenly, by some freak hairdryer incident, his pants were inflated. An idea Patrick patented since season 2. I'm not calling that stealing idea, since they're both created by the same people. That didn't came out right. The next minutes are about SB helping his friends. Sadly the medium used to deliver the message is a song. Fortunately, though, it was a pretty good song. I kinda liked it.

So after a few singles, SB realised that his dream will never be achieved by helping literally everyone. The towns people, being stereotypical muppets were having none of it. They decided to chase SB off a hill. This was a segment I never really liked. It's just bad atmosphere everywhere. The only great part was O.M.J and his cannon. After managing to shot SB down, they regret it. No, not for killing a person, but for the rupture on the pants which they concede they did. So, after flying wiith the jellyfish, SB realised how important friends are at reaching dreams. Patrick flying was thee best and the last thing that happened with the episode.

They also had a Patchy plot. Which is actually quite decent. I love how Patchy disintegrate everything SB in his house. It was great to watch. And then that cheap walk cycle. I could watch that all day. It was even more impressive than the whole segment. Just looking at your TV SB prancing down a road way being nutty.

Overall, I think this was good episode. Certainly not CWN calibre, but it's really really decent. And it kinda taught me a lesson.

Try please all, you'll please none.

Plus Points (+)
1. Decent songs
2. Great gags
3. 2 Gold moments

Minus points (-)
1. Towns people were horrible
2. The Patchy ending was crap

hfjs

I liked the good and bad points you made, since they're same reasons I like and don't like parts of this episode.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
E.V.I.L said:
Oh
My
Annoying
Interesting
Ranting'bout'CUTELOL
Man!
Are
Those
Titles