Matt's TOP 100 (Revised V2)

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
I got an idea. Find an acronym in a sentence. The acronym is an episode's title which is next on the list, and the each words are not always the first letter. It's jumbled.

Let's begin!

83. "Abstinent labours 1 day away from being payed 290 dollars."

SpongeRoadie UK said:
I got an idea. Find an acronym in a sentence. The acronym is an episode's title which is next on the list, and the each words are not always the first letter. It's jumbled.

Let's begin!

83. "Abstinent labours 1 day away from being payed 290 dollars."
A.L.O.D.A.F.P.T-N.D

This is HARD from you- Hellishly Annoyingly Roaringly D***ish from you

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
-Not much of an episode as a celebration-

300px-SB-129.jpg

I bet you didn't see this coming.

Yes, this is number 83. I'm sorry. I know a lot of you find this episode amazing, but I just feel that there are at least 80 better episodes. But in all fairness, it is a great episode. The new millenium has come, and boy did this episode did the trick to make a celebratory episode. SB-129 is basically a story about time. And being with your friends. Also, being grateful of what you have, what you had and where you are.

Let's examine the plot, now, shall we? SB-129 revolves around Squidward trying to get away from SpongeBob by locking himself inside a freezer. Okay, so not much to it on the conflict part, but the thought-out resolution was perfect to get the story started. Thousands of years later, Squidward was unfreezed by SpongeTron and realised that he'd been accidentaly sent to the FUTURE *streches* FUUUTUUREE *brick*. Thank you. That was the episode's best part by the way. SpongeTron told Squidward to take the time machine which he used to sent himself to the past. That was a very refreshing segment of Squidward being in the future and getting shocked, bricked and shredded.

The past, I think, wasn't better. Squidward literally invent something he completely hated. As if I go back in time and told Nickelodeon "Hey! Let's make a cartoon called Fanboy and Chum Chum!" So the segment revolved around Squidward trying to play his clarinet without being buggered by the 2 prehistoric innocent beelzebubs. Not as refreshing as the future part of the episode, because it's just Squidward trying to stop the story. No witty dialogs, no jokes, just act. Not saying it's bad, but it's not as good as the future segment. Still, hilarity ensued. In the end Squid's clarinet play is as bad as present day. So, after being chased by the 2 preshistoric sea compys, Squidward panicked and roke the switch. This is where the episode goes downhill, for me.

The last segment of Squidward's journey through time and space is an empty white void. Where Squidward says alone a few times. And then he went mad. I don't like this part. At all. I mean, seriously. What's with the alone thing. It zoomed out to utter invisibility for some apparently medium amount of time. And then Squidward just ran through my screen looking for the time machine a couple of times.

180px-SBb29.png

I really don't see why that is understandable. It's just weird, eerie and hard to understand. But then, as Squid furiously jumped through the time machine, he asked to go home. And the time machine took him there.

As I said, this episode is celebratory. The white void part is pretty dim. But that is still neccessary for the plot. Because the main idea is Squidward and his journey throughout time and space and back again. To be honest, there are other alternatives to the resolution rather than a dark empty spooky void that drove me insane. But the episode as a whole is very decent. Certainly a great way to start a new millenium.

*I decided to get rid of the plus minus points. I don't think it's neccessary*

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
-Let's end a season where SpongeBob learns a life lesson-

300px-Hooky.jpg

This episode is about moral values. Teaching children of the dangers lurking everywhere if you do not listen to your guardian.

I always value episode that tries to include lessons in it. Face Freeze, for example. The humor is all over the place. But the conflict and the message is clear. Although the ending is a huge slap in the face, we all know what the writers are trying to pull off. Listen to your guardians. Whether it's your parents or your great great great great black grand uncle. Or even your boss. In this episode, we see the ultimate father figure in Mr. Krabs. We see the ultimate naivety in Spongy's character. And for once, we see Patrick as the anti-authority figure. The ::dolphin noise:: quadbike kind of guy. Naughty is the word.

So the episode started with Mr. Krabs warning SpongeBob (and literally everyone else) about the hooks. SpongeBob (being the man child he is) anticipates on obeying Krabs' rules of not playing with it. That is of course until Patrick came along. Pat thought it was a carnival. He took SpongeBob from work and persuade him to play with the supposedly dangerous hook. They thought out a plan so they will not get caught. A plan which worked 80% of the time. Krabs' being afatherly figure stayed deeply cncerned and crossed for the 20%. SpongeBob tries to obey Krabs' warnings, but having a hypocritical friend like Patrick (Are you gonna listen to a big dummy or are you gonna listen to me?) slips his thoughts. He got caught. In an epic yet touching yet disturbing ending, SpongeBob learned the lesson after getting his clothes ripped off in front of teenage girls. As he ran along protecting his non existent testicle, it seems Pat learned from his mistakes to as he turned out to have been caught, as well.

Overall, this was a great episode, nonetheless. The jokes are great for one. I love Squidward getting in trouble for making Patties the taste of fried boots (He even made an actual fried boot instead of a Patty XD). Patrick being hypocritical is also very amusing. You're the big dummy Pat. But 2 things that makes this episode great. First, the idea of trying to teach children to listen to their "parents" is always welcomed. It's noble, and if executed, brilliant as well. Second, the characte chemistry in this episode is awesome. SpongeBob being the kid who listens to anyone, Krabs being the authority figure and Pat being the anti-authority figure. A great way to end a historical yet special season. It's sad that the episode 5 minutes after this one didn't make the top 100. It's just all over the place.

Back