Not open for further replies.

Homie

get outer my space!
Little_Yellow_Book.png
#6 - Little Yellow Book
Season: 9
Writers: Luke Brookshier, Marc Ceccarelli, Derek Iversen
SBmania Rating: 4.4

Just barely missing out on the Top 5 is Little Yellow Book, the worst Season Nine episode so far. Personally, this episode is one of the most amazing episodes of the modern Spongebob because they managed to make Squidward unlikeable, which is almost impossible in the modern day... it's more shocking than when Sandy was unlikeable in SBYF!

Why Squidward is unlikeable is actually pretty obvious, although when he was unlikeable in the old series he never did anything as lame as just reading someones diary to other people. The things in Spongebobs diary also don't fit with some canon stuff but I don't really care because continuity in Spongebob is not a thing.

Spongey.jpg

Arrghhh_Stupid_Squidward_2.PNG

This episode also has a kind of funny scene where Squidward yells at Spongebob while he narrates which his surroundings and yeah, this episode does not deserve any like-able scenes.​
Spongebob learns that Squidward was reading his diary, and bursts out crying, which angers the other Bikini Bottomites. I've said it before but I still hate them. They are the worst characters. They IMMEDIATELY pretend that they were not listening to Squidward tell them what it says in Spongebobs diary! They know for a FACT that they were enjoying it... god, I hate it when people deny that they were doing something just because it makes them look bad. And this episode has PLENTY of that! Eventually it comes to Squidward getting KICKED OUT OF HIS OWN HOME! Apparently reading someones diary is illegal or something.​
We get ANOTHER funny scene that this episode doesn't deserve! Honestly those scenes are the only thing that keep this episode from the Top 5.​
Eventually, Squidward gets tomatoes thrown at him while he reads Spongebobs "super secret" diary and it just feels like a lame slap in the face that makes Squidward look even WORSE by comparison, which I know they were trying to do which really just gives me hives. Oh, and this episode feels like it was trying to find an excuse for all the Squidward Torture Episodes out there. Lame.​
Worst Part of the Episode: Squidward/Spongebob Torture
Overall Rating: -1.5

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
I honestly enjoyed Atlantis Squarepantis. I found the songs good, the plot, while somewhat nonsensical, was decent, and design of Atlantis overall was very pleasing to the eye, even if it did look like a generic alien colony.

I do really hate SITW and Little Yellow Book, though. Both of them are in my Bottom Ten!

More

VIP
Little Yellow Book is definitely the worst Seaon 9 episode, but it's one of the few episodes I've only watched once, so I have to look at it again to fully judge it. Until then... 3/10

Homie

get outer my space!
Yours%2C_Mine_and_Mine.jpg

#5 - Yours, Mine and Mine
Season: 7
Writers: Luke Brookshier, Nate Cash, Steven Banks
SBmania Rating: 3.8

This episode. One of the WORST appearances of Patrick Star of all time and the episode that really made me DESPISE his character in episodes to come. You know, I think I prefer it when Patrick is being a flandarized idiot (See: Spongebob You're Fired!, Stuck in the Wringer) to his appearances as a cold-hearted ::dolphin noise:: who couldn't care less about Spongebobs feelings (Yours, Mine and Mine, Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom.)

This episode does not feature his worst appearance, but it came close. Like, disturbingly close.

Patrick, during his flanderization for the episode, comes to the Krusty Krab and orders a kids meal. He doesn't have enough to pay for it, so Spongebob does... which is probably the LEAST stupid action in this flop episode.

Patrick whines that he doesn't get a toy, and so he "shares" his meal with Spongebob and then "shares" the Patty Pal with Spongebob. Patrick plays with the toy all night long and it is just painful to see. Painful. Spongebob wants the toy from Patrick, but he makes lame excuses to not give it to him.

Spongebob_yours_mine_mine_transcript.jpg

Spongebob tries to make Patrick share, but Patrick, in his whiny awful-ness, refuses. Is it supposed to be funny that Patrick is so atrocious in this episode? Because really, it's just painful. Eventually, Spongebob decides that they can take the toy for one SECOND each, but because Patrick is THIS MUCH of an idiot, he can't even part with the toy for a second. A SECOND! This manages to be worse than the nickel scene from Spongebob You're Fired! Easily! There is no reason for Patrick to be doing this except for the fact that they need this HORRIBLE plot to continue on!

They try help from both Sandy and Patrick, but they get dried up and run out in a boring filler scene.

Then, they go into the Krusty Krab. And guess what Patrick does?

He eats the toy.

And then guess what he says?

"If I can't have it, no one can."

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that supposed to be funny. Is this supposed to be a funny scene? Congratulations, you failed! Majorly! This Patrick makes the Patrick from Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom look like a SAINT! I'm not kidding!

Mr. Krabs is actually really likeable in this episode, btw. I hate it.

He gives them both a toy, but they have to pay for it which makes sense because he is Mr. Krabs. And so, once again, Patrick STEALS Spongebobs wallet, and pays for the toy! And then, we get this line.

"Haven't you learned anything about sharing?"

!!!!!! WHY????? Haven't these writers learned anything about writing??? I hate this line! I hate it! Just like this poor excuse for an episode!

Worst Part of the Episode: Both of the Mentioned Lines
Overall Rating: -5

Yeah, we're getting into the episodes I despise.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Atlantis Squarepantis - meh, indifferent to it but I did like it on a technical level. Never cared that much for "SpongeBob B.C."/Ugh or some of the other specials either compared to regular episodes.

Little Yellow Book - don't really hate this one as much as YMMM

Yours Mine and Mine - poor episode for sure

Stuck in the Wringer - I hate this one too.

More

VIP
I hate Yours Mine and Mine too, I'm surprised i didn't put it on my original list. (I may make a revised edition)

Homie

get outer my space!
Just realized I didn't show the full of my Top 5 Worst Specials:

5. What Ever Happened To Spongebob? (#24, HM)
4. Spongebob You're Fired (#13)
3. Truth or Square (#12)
2. Dear Vikings (#10)
1. Atlantis Squarepantis ( #8 )

Kerdem

Banished
Little Yellow Book And Yours Mine And Mine Are Pretty Bad Episodes But There Are Worse Then Stuck In The Wringer?

More

VIP
Just realized I didn't show the full of my Top 5 Worst Specials:

5. What Ever Happened To Spongebob? (#24, HM)
4. Spongebob You're Fired (#13)
3. Truth or Square (#12)
2. Dear Vikings (#10)
1. Atlantis Squarepantis ( #8 )

Does Dear Vikings even count as a special?

Homie

get outer my space!
Petsitterpat.jpg
#4 - Pet Sitter Pat
Season: 8
Writers: Zeus Cervas, Casey Alexander, Richard Pursel
SBmania Rating: 4.4

Just BARELY missing the Top 3 worst episodes is Pet Sitter Pat, one of the most insulting, annoying, horrible episodes of this show.

Fun Fact: When I was originally doing this list, I put two episodes that share equally horrible qualities together and saw which would win. One of those was Pet Sitter Pat vs Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom vs Yours, Mine and Mine and, after watching all three of those episodes again, it was pretty apparent which episode was worse than the others.

The nightmare begins when Spongebob gets invited to his Grandma Squarepants' birthday. He is excited to attend, until he trips over Gary and realizes that someone will need to take care of him while he is gone. Despite his actions in Stuck in the Wringer, The Splinter, Yours Mine and Mine, The Card, Karate Star, and countless other gems, Spongebob still thinks that Patrick is a reliable creature and decides that he should be the one to take care of Gary, which is when this episode goes from having potential to having no potential in the slightest. You could say that this plot was predictable, but when I first saw this one, I didn't think for even a second that Patricks actions could be as morally incorrect and completely reprehensible as they were in these episode. How I didn't see something as awful as this coming by even just the NAME of the episode I am not certain, but I did think that maybe the writers could actually write a compelling story but, of course, since this is a modern Spongebob episode "star"ring Patrick and Gary, that would not be the case.

Patrick, of course, is awful at taking care of Gary. It's not as bad as a CERTAIN EPISODE but it is pretty terrible. Here are a few of the many things that Gary goes through:

Starvation
tumblr_n34bs2Jx6h1s094oxo1_500.png

Being blamed for something he did not do
tumblr_n34bufWJPm1s094oxo1_500.png

Literal Torture/More Starvation
tumblr_n34bw5Cxui1s094oxo1_500.png

ATTEMPTED MURDER
tumblr_n34bys4V7G1s094oxo1_500.png

I really do NOT see how anybody can find this episode funny, watchable, or enjoyable in the slightest when Gary goes through all of THIS. It really makes no sense to me.

Spongebob finally comes back home when he is extremely nervous about how Patrick is handling Gary. He comes home to see Gary... READING A BOOK TO PATRICK! It is incredibly insulting and and angered me in a way that I didn't know this show could. It angered me and it made my day worse after just watching this. I even had to pause it a few times just because of how annoyed I was at the existence of this episode. Honestly, it's a remake of A Pal For Gary with the same writers and an even more horrifying demon... Patrick Star!

The ONLY reason this episode didn't make my Top 3 is because I find the episodes in my Top 3 to actually be actively offensive. This episode ALMOST made it with possibly offensive animal abuse, but there are episodes that did it worse. And now you know one of the entries for my Top 3. You'll just have to guess the other two. By the way, I would love to see your predictions for my Top 3!

Worst Part of the Episode: "What will it be? Water or Fire?"
Overall Rating: -6.5

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Yours, Mine and Mine shows Patrick at his worst when it comes to being a big jerk (next to I'm With Stupid, of course). THIS episode pretty much shows that Patrick needs to die! He needs to be killed so that he can't cause damage to anyone else!!

And for the Top 3, I predict...

#3. Either Someone's In The Kitchen With Sandy or Gone

#2. A Pal For Gary

#1. One Coarse Meal

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Okay, the list so far was-

20. Boating Buddies
19. Face Freeze!
18. House Fancy
17. Plankton's Regular
16. To Love a Patty
15. The Splinter
14. Choir Boys
13. Spongebob You're Fired
12. Truth or Square
11. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom
10. Dear Vikings
9. Squid Baby
8. Atlantis Squarepantis
7. Stuck in the Wringer
6. Little Yellow Book
5. Yours, Mine and Mine
4. Pet Sister Pat
3. ???
2. ???
1. ???

The hint was that A Pal for Gary will be in the top 3 (I guess it's either #1 or #2). The two others will be.. Well, Gordok's guess is pretty good.

More

VIP
I actually liked Pet Sitter Pat :(

I guess A Pal For Gary will be at number 2, with One Coarse Meal at 1 and Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy at 3.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
More_Spongebob said:
You should really try out season 9. It's really good.
Um does Little Yellow Book, Squid Baby, or Spongebob You're Fired ring a bell?

More

VIP
Um does Little Yellow Book, Squid Baby, or Spongebob You're Fired ring a bell?

I actually like Squid Baby and Spongebob You're Fired now. When I say it's really good, I don't say it without a doubt. Little Yellow Book is definitely awful, though, but it's the only bad one there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back