Homestuck's Top 20 Worst Spongebob Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans

Floating Shopping List
I'd say it's either Spongebob You're Fired, Squid Baby, or Little Yellow Book.

Homie

get outer my space!
Syu11.PNG
#13 - Spongebob You're Fired
Season: 9
Writers: Mark Ceccarelli, Doug Lawrence, Luke Brookshier
SBmania Rating: 6.7

This isn't gonna be the last special on this list...

This episode is basically just the definition of a bad modern episode. Let's look at the checklist to see what it has, while also reviewing the episode

Awful Plot - Mr Krabs fires Spongebob in this episode for a NICKEL. This easily makes this his most unlikeable appearance to date. Especially because of the horrible slap in the face ending in which Krabs puts in a pay bathroom to make up for the NICKEL he almost lost.
The.
Nickel.

This angers me for obvious reasons, but that's not the only flaw with the plot. Oh, one of the other flaws: Spongebob is LIKE-ABLE. You can like him in this episode. He doesn't do anything annoying, or malicious, or just plain STUPID, but instead, he is actually the sponge that we used to know and love. No... this can't be. How is this possible???

Patrick shows up just for a few cheap gags, a possibly offensive joke about unemployment, and just to be modern-day Patrick. It's not as bad as SOME of his appearances, but it is pretty excruciating just to have him forced into the plot like this.

Oh, and these hack writers managed to make Sandy unlikeable. Well, it took them nine seasons. Thats a... plus? Not really. Sandy episodes usually only exist to torture her or to have a slap in the face ending (see: To Save a Squirrel, House Sittin' for Sandy.)

Unnecessary Grossout:
Syu4.PNG
It's not as bad as, say, Whatever Happened to Spongebob? (I actually kind of laughed) but it's still pretty sad to know that the writers are resorting to their old usual cheap jokes just because they can't think of anything better to do.​
Poorly-Written Humor: Patricks inclusion in this episode.​
Syu6.PNG
Slap in the Face Ending: Spongebob gets his job back because the status quo is god. Whyyyy.​
SpongeBob_SquarePants_S09E188_Spongebob_You_%27re_Fired_51.JPG
So, yeah. It isn't the MOST awful special, but it's top 5. Speaking of Top 5...​
Top 5 Worst "Specials"​
5. What Ever Happened To Spongebob? (#24, HM)​
4. Spongebob You're Fired (#13)​
3. ????????????? (?)​
2. ????????????? (?)​
1. ????????????? (?)​

Kerdem

Banished
I Think Spongebob You're Fired Is Okay But Still My Least Fav Season 9 Episode.

More

VIP
I disagree with. Spongebob, You're Fired! You may have seen me call it the second or third worst, but watching it again, it's good. Your least favorite special is probably the Clash of Triton, and the next episode is probably ShuffleBoarding or Dear Vikings.

Homie

get outer my space!
Truth_or_Square.PNG

#12 - Truth or Square
Season: 6
Writers: Nate Cash, Luke Brookshier, Steven Banks, Paul Tibbitt
SBmania Rating: 9.1 ._.

Bet you weren't expecting this one, huh?

Now, here's the thing. Technically I don't HATE this one. In terms of actually quality, ANY of the previous episodes are easily worse. But, if you asked me to pick a special with the most MISLEADING titles of any we've seen yet, it would have to be this one.

When I first saw the adds for this, the two things I was most excited for was, of course, the "wedding" and the """REVEAL""" of the Krabby Patty formula. Of course, since I wasn't really aware of how misleading these adds could be in 2009, I thought for sure these facts would be revealed.

But, no.
Krabs? He doesn't tell you ANYTHING. AT ALL. I think I should know by now that we never really will learn the formula (unless that formula posted on Nick.com is anything to go off of.) Spongebob and Sandys wedding? A play. God, that one of the biggest middle fingers to the audience I have EVER seen in any animated TV show.

To give this special some credit, there are some funny jokes. But really, this special is also guilty of attempting to get us to watch it by giving us random and, for the most part, unnecessary celebrity cameos.

Oh, theres also the plot of this thing. They get stuck in the freezer and tell stories while trying to get out. Not boring at all.

Also, added Squidward abuse because... comedy?

To give this episode some credit, the animation looks pretty nice at times. This was also pretty cool:

TruthorSquareScreenShot4.jpg

But when the best part of your episode is Mr Krabs, you KNOW there is a problem.

5. What Ever Happened To Spongebob? (#24, HM)
4. Spongebob You're Fired (#13)
3. Truth or Square (#12)
2. ????????????? (?)
1. ????????????? (?)

Worst Part of the Episode: Tie between the "Wedding" and the "Formula Reveal"
Overall Rating: 1.35

Homie

get outer my space!
Smoothejazz.jpg

#11 - Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom
Season: 8
Writers: Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Richard Pursel
SBmania Rating: 4.8

THIS episode is an absolute catastrophe. Not only is Patrick introduced into the plot for NO REASON, but it's one of those episodes that ruins everything Squidward has going for him, all while trying to make him look like the main antagonist.

The episode begins with Squidward excited about going to see Kelpy G preform his smoothe jazz. And then, guess what happens. No, guess.
Patrick eats his tickets.

So that this AWFUL plot can live on, Spongebob wins backstage passes to go see Kelpy G. after the performance. Spongebob embarrasses Squidward for a bit and then the concert FINALLY begins. Is it just me, or does this episode feel longer than it should be?

Patrick, who needs a ticket to get in, somehow manages to get in so that Squidward can be tortured just a little bit more. Then he eats their backstage passes.

846.png

Patrick tries to eat the microphone, and then does a stage dive. It's funny by Season 8 standards.

Squidward and Spongebob try to sneak away, but they get told by the guards to go back to their seats. So that Squidward can be tortured some more, we see that the seats have been taken. Squidward yells at the two in their seats, and Squidward and Spongebob get kicked out. They try to sneak backstage, but are not aloud to because they don't have backstage passes, which made me just about as angry as Squidward was in this situation.

They try to impress Kelpy G. by playing instruments, but only Spongebobs ukelele impresses Kelpy. Spongebob gets to play his ukelele with Kelpy G., while Squidward gets carried away by the guards, as a final act of torture towards Squidward.

This episode is probably Patrick at his worst, and don't get me STARTED on the Squidward torturing that goes on here.

Worst Part of the Episode: Patrick​
Overall Rating: 0.75​

More

VIP
SJaBB is definitely the worst "Patrick's a Prick" episode.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom is definitely one of the bottom 5 in my taste. This episode annoys me so much, and that's not a good thing, because Spongebob is supposed to be a happy and a colorful show.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Spongebob You're Fired was mediocre. At least Spongebob and Squidward keep me from hating this episode entirely.

Truth or Square was actually good! Once you get past the pranks, the story and characters are quite decent.

SJABB was really bad. Patrick's a real jerk in this episode. Poor Squidward. (I hate Kelpy G more, though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back