Homestuck's Top 20 Worst Spongebob Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
I hate all of these epiosdes. Good thing I gave up on watching New Spongebob, or else I would go crazy.

Homie

get outer my space!
Just wait until Season 9 gets a turn on this list.​
To_Love_A_Patty.PNG
#16 - To Love a Patty
Season: 5
Writers: Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Eric Shaw
SBmania Rating: 2.8

This one is surely one of the more predictable choices of my list, but no doubt one of the most deserving candidates. When I first came up with the concept for this list, this episode was in my Top 5. I then went and rewatched every episode on here (the horror!) and realized that besides the gross out scenes and the atrocious songs, this one isn't really that awful. But, of course, that doesn't make up for how awful the entire concept is.

In this episode, Spongebob falls in love with a krabby patty when he draws the face of a woman on it (the writers sure do make the sexuality of Spongebob confusing on this show don't they?) He takes Patty home with him, and eventually taking it everywhere he goes. Oh yeah, and theres one of the worst parts of the episode, AKA Spongebob killing a bunch of clams who tried to eat Patty. Spongebob can't be this delusional, can he? Well, if Gullible Pants tells us anything, I guess he can.

To_Love_a_Patty_7.png

Eventually, Spongebob takes Patty to the Krusty Krab and we get a few lame gross out jokes, because our writers don't really know how to write episodes. Or even the basic concepts of humor. Squidward shows Spongebob how disgusting Patty is in a closeup that we are NOT showing here. Spongebob sees the error of his ways, and our writers attempt to gross us out AGAIN by having Spongebob eat his patty for stupid, contrived reasons.

Honestly this episode is bad, everyone knows it's bad, and I feel like it's almost TRYING to be bad. I just don't get it... who thought this was funny? I think if I could blame this episode on anybody, it would probably be Casey just because of how STUPID it is. This episode really is the definition of try-hard, as in, trying hard to gross your audience out with gross out humor but really just grossing them out with your hints of paraphilia.

Worst Part of the Episode: The Song
Overall Rating: 1.15

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
Boating Buddies was okay. The Squid Abuse in this one isn't really as bad as in other episodes, but I can see why you'd put the episode on this list.

Face Freeze was actually kind of funny in a 'What the heck' manner. The ending was stupid, but the rest of the episode was at least tolerable for me.

House Fancy is actually really good once we get past the toenail scene. At least Squidward won in the end.

Plankton's Regular is awful. It's my 14th worst tied with New Leaf.

To Love a Patty is another awful episode. It's just disgusting and a little frightening when you think about it. ._.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
homestuck said:
Squidward shows Spongebob how disgusting Patty is in a closeup that we are NOT showing here.

Because I hate myself.

Anyway, nice list so far! I agree with all of your choices.

Also, 400th post

Homie

get outer my space!
The_Splinter.png
#15 - The Splinter
Season: 6
Writers: Nate Cash, Sean Charmatz, Steven Banks
SBmania Rating: 3.4

Oh boy... I'll keep this one short just because EVERYONE knows why this episode is intolerable. Why? Heres why.

1247843590_1.jpg

Dududuudud.jpg

The ONLY tolerable thing about this episode is that it's happening to Spongebob and we will get to that in a later ranking. So, yeah. Spongebob gets a splinter, Squidward is a ::dolphin noise::, and it's just gross, man.

Worst Part of the Episode: Getting the Splinter
Overall Rating: 1.15

Boys.jpg

#14 - Choir Boys
Season: 6
Writers: Aaron Springer, Richard Pursel
SBmania Rating: 2.4

Since my The Splinter review was so short, lets go ahead and talk about Choir Boys. This one is pretty awful and one of my personal least favorite Squidward Torture Episodes. In fact, in terms of the squid actually getting tortured, I would say this is the episode that treats him the worst. Bar none. Well, that's not true. (You'll see eventually.)

So, Choir Boys. The plot is pretty easy to explain... Squidward is going to a choir to meet with the Choir Boys and join them. Side note: the constant attempts at singing in this episode is awful. So, Spongebob tries to follow Squidward around to get him to tell the Little Yellow (book) Devil what he is doing. He stops him in some pretty malicious ways, but by FAR the worst of them is when he traps Squidward in the jellyfish.

Png.png

"Sorry Plankton, but that flies in the face of my good nature."

Eventually, Squidward ties Spongebob up, but Spongebob realizes that he is just great at choir as he is lifted into the sky by jellyfish. Then he upstages Squidward at the choir and the episode ends with Squidward turning the pages of the book and looking angry which he has every right to be doing.

So yeah, this episode is AWFUL, Spongebob is just plain malicious and it makes you feel horrible for Squidward.

Worst Part of the Episode: "Now that I have a captive audience!"
Overall Rating: 1.0

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
I used to hate the Splinter, but now it's just 'okay' to me. The gross-out doesn't shock me as much as something like To Love A Patty (I thought the pus looked like mountain dew lol), and there are actually a few amusing moments that keep me from hating the episode entirely. 6/10

Choir Boys I can agree upon, however. Taking place as my worst Squidward Torture Episode, Spongebob is such a creep to stalk Squiddy like that. Also, the ending is awful. I like that Spongebob wanted Squidward to take part in the episode, but I think the choir boys didn't want Squidward to sing, so they decided to make him turn pages. So yeah. This episode is awful. 0/10

More

VIP
The Splinter is my 4th least favorite episode. Choir Boys, however, I surprisingly disagree with. I don't see how it became one of the most despised episodes ever, well, my opinion changes on it a lot, but I thought it was good.

Homie

get outer my space!
Will update tomorrow! I apologize for the inconvenience. Heres a hint for the next episode:

Season 9

spongie33

Pat-a-House Expert
Staff
Little Yellow Book because there is a lot of Squidward abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back