Homestuck's Top 20 Worst Spongebob Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

More

VIP
As a guess, the two worse ones are Yours Mine and Mine and Stuck in the Wringer. (SitW is one of the few episodes I simply can't tolerate)

I actually like SJIBB. Sure It had Squid abuse and Patrick was moron but I laughed at some parts in that episode

Homie

get outer my space!
Vikings.jpg

#10 - Dear Vikings
Season: 6
Writers: Aaron Springer, Dani Michaeli
SBmania Rating: 2.9

Kicking off our Top 10 is Dear Vikings, the Spongebob special that was, for the most part, loathed by all.

This episode begins with a fair bit of continuity failure when Spongebob asks what a viking is, as well as some nice cheapness displayed by Mr Krabs. Squidward lies to Spongebob about vikings in a scene that takes up a whole lot of space in this special for absolutely no reason whatsoever. Spongebob sends a letter to the vikings, and we get a weak joke. The vikings kidnap Spongebob and Squidward, and we get an even MORE boring and quite insulting joke that just goes on, and on, and on. Family Guy knows how to end jokes sooner than this episode does.

The vikings give Spongebob and Squidward jobs on the ship, which causes Squidward to complain and get tied to a catapult. You know, because torturing Squidward is necessary to make a special. The Vikings then hit a rock, and Spongebob, in one of the WEAKEST endings to an episode I have ever seen on this show, absorbs all of the water entering the boat. "Now that's what I call a viking sized adventure!" Spongebob puns tend to be either really funny or really stupid, but this one manages to create a whole new breed of lackluster.

Viking.jpg

Speaking of lackluster, that is the best word I can use to describe this episode. Boring, stupid, lackluster, with a hint of flanderization and Squidward abuse for no apparent reason. Folks, we've got ourself a modern Spongebob special!

Also, this was nominated for an Emmy. Let that sink in.

Worst Part of the Episode: Abysmal Ending
Overall Rating: 0.75

More

VIP
I hate dear Vikings. Even It's partner deserved the Emmy more.

Homie

get outer my space!
S09E03B-Squid-Baby-Titlecard.PNG

#9 - Squid Baby
Season: 9
Writers: Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Doug Lawrence
SBmania Rating: 4.7

So, a lot of people are saying that Season 9 feels like earlier Spongebob seasons. And honestly, I can agree with that. Well, actually, I COULD agree with that. But, alas, there are a few episodes that render this whole experience sour. The previously ranked Spongebob, You're Fired!, Squid Baby, and Little Yellow Book, which we will deal with later. But then, there are also episodes such as Planktons Pet, Seance Shemance, and Don't Look Now, which I could see being episodes from some of the earlier seasons of the show.

But this episode... believe me when I say that I actually cringed watching this one. Before I joined the forums, I had been lurking for a few days and decided to check out the episode titles for Season 9, since I had pretty much quit the show after Season 7, only seeing a few episodes afterwards. When I came across this one, I decided that it was the one that sounded the least promising... and well, I was almost right. This episode is like Boating Buddies + Goo Goo Gas + To Love A Patty, and it manages to be worse than all three of those (Goo Goo Gas is a good episode.)

The episode begins with Spongebob and Patrick playing with... baby toys. I thought they were supposed to have GOOD characterization this season, like in earlier/later episodes! But no. For some reason, every season needs a Squidward Torture Episode and a Patricks a Prick Episode in order to exist. Even SEASON 2 had both of these!

Squidward goes out to scold them, hits his head so that this horrible plot can be born, and then continues to do so. What did Squidward do to deserve this? Nothing, really. I mean, he did LESS to deserve his treatment in Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom but this episode is just plain worse.

They take Squidward to the doctor and yes, that doctor should be fired. And our writers should be more clever than calling what Squidward got "Head-go-boom-boom-itis." I know it, you know it, and we all know it.

What proceeds is some of the creepiest stuff I have EVER seen on this show.

Fullscreen_capture_03052013_213816.jpg

Fullscreen_capture_04052013_115202.jpg

155px-181a_SquidBaby.JPG

Until, finally, Squidward hits his head again and goes back to normal. We get some kind of gross out joke that this episode didn't need because it already had a poorly written one, and Squidward walks out of the Krusty Krab. Sigh, not only is it gross, stupid, and annoying, but it can also be BORING. I have no motivation to see where the plot goes in episodes like this.

Also, this is Zeus Cervas' 4th episode on here. Ew.

Worst Part of the Episode: Hospital Scene
Overall Rating: 0.75

I remember liking Squid Baby but I haven't seen in a while. Maybe after I rewatch that episode, my opinion might change.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
I don't remember Dear Vikings or Squid Baby all that much. But I REALLY hope the worst special is either Party Pooper Pants or The Clash of Triton. Both poor specials in my book.

DiabolicalGenius

Mad Scientist/ Evil Genius
GordokTheMad said:
I don't remember Dear Vikings or Squid Baby all that much. But I REALLY hope the worst special is either Party Pooper Pants or The Clash of Triton. Both poor specials in my book.
I remember reading HPL's "Your Face Has A Blog" entry on "Dear Vikings" and what was so bad about it is that it was so... indifferent... that you felt nothing about it either way, and well,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxK_nA2iVXw

Homie

get outer my space!
Atlantis_SquarePantis.jpg

#8 - Atlantis Squarepantis
Season: 5
Writers: Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Steven Banks, Dani Michaeli
SBmania Rating: 4.4

I was GOING to do a long rant on this, but why do that when someone already did it for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omyBRMZTbtQ

Watch that. It explains why this sucks.​
Worst Part of the Episode: The Songs​
Overall Rating: .05​

Stuck_in_the_Wringer.jpg

#7 - Stuck in the Wringer
Season: 7
Writers: Zeus Cervas, Sean Charmatz, Derek Iversen
SBmania Rating: 1.6

Everyone hates this one. Everyone. Of all the Spongebob episodes, there are only TWO I have never seen anybody say anything nice about this. There is a different one, but I will deal with that one eventually.

The episode begins with Spongebob taking a shower. He trips on his rubber duck, and gets Stuck in the Wringer. Patrick comes in, we get a stupid joke, and Spongebob tells Patrick that he is stuck. Patrick, always awful, uses GLUE to get him out. Glue. Of course, since this episode can't COMPLETELY defy all logic, the glue gets him even more stuck than before. Spongebob attempts to go to work and, instead of helping Spongebob, he blames him for ruining everything. Spongebob gets kicked out, and Patrick takes him to go get some ice cream. Spongebob can't swallow the ice cream... which means that, if he can't swallow such a soft food like that, he'd die. That's a nice thought.

After that, we get an INCREDIBLY PAINFUL scene where Spongebob and Patrick go to the fair, and Patrick gets to have tons of fun while Spongebob is in agony. You could say it's like a reverse Valentines Day, but Spongebob is PHYSICALLY IN PAIN! When Spongebob finally chews out Patrick for what he's done to him all day, the Bikini Bottomites, or should I say the WORST characters in the whole show (my #3 choice while further prove that...) claim that SPONGEBOB was the bad guy in this episode. You know, it really does hurt when you're making me sympathize with someone like Spongebob. But somehow, I DO in this episode.

Qhy_waalways_nickj.jpg

Patrick, in a scene that's actually KIND OF funny (funny by Season 7 standards,) Patrick bursts into the pineapple to see Spongebob in a depression. This causes him to cry, This is where the episode REALLY gets infamous. Patricks tears melt the glue, and Spongebob cries as well until he gets out of his wringer.

"I guess crying does solve your problems after all!"

I don't need to explain the problems with that moral, do I? That HAS to be one of the worst morals this show has EVER taught. Also, Spongebob gets out of his wringer when the glue goes away, but in the beginning of the episode, he is still stuck even though there is no glue on the wringer. Plot hole?

So, yeah. If you want to know why this episode is so hated, take a look at the suffering Spongebob goes through, the completely RANCID (and not at all funny) moral, and the AWFUL behavior of Patrick Star. I'm not done chewing him out. Wait until the Top 5 for that.

Worst Part of the Episode: The Fair Scene
Overall Rating: 0

More

VIP
I despise Stuck in the Wringer and is also one of two I have nothing nice to say about, but I never understood why Atlantis SquarePantis got so much hate. Just because it's a MUSICAL doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one.

Homie

get outer my space!
More_Spongebob said:
I despise Stuck in the Wringer and is also one of two I have nothing nice to say about, but I never understood why Atlantis SquarePantis got so much hate. Just because it's a MUSICAL doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad one.
But it is a bad musical. And I like musicals!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back