Homestuck's Top 20 Worst Spongebob Episodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spongetron Robotpants said:
Pet Sitter Pat IS a worst version of A Pal For Gary. If you want to see more, just go to my Mr. Enter's review of Pet Sitter Pat topic.
You should watch the episode yourself before making comments like that. Just because Mr. Enter thinks it's a worse version of APFG doesn't mean you have to agree with him. It's like you're using Mr. Enter as an excuse not to come up with your own opinions.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
mandythepharmacist14 said:
You should watch the episode yourself before making comments like that. Just because Mr. Enter thinks it's a worse version of APFG doesn't mean you have to agree with him. It's like you're using Mr. Enter as an excuse not to come up with your own opinions.
I have seen the episode myself, and I agree with Mr. Enter.

Homie

get outer my space!
A Pal for Gary vs. One Coarse Meal
Which is worse? Let's find out.​
Offense: One Coarse Meal has suicide, and A Pal for Gary has animal abuse. They both go on for quite a while, although One Coarse Meal goes on for like, TWO WEEKS while Gary only gets abused for about two days. But, honestly, the torment that Gary gets is worse than Plankton, in my opinion. They both get psychologically tormented though... neither of them actually get physically harmed, thankfully... although they both get mentally harmed. But we must take into consideration that Plankton trying to kill himself was his own choice, while Gary had NO choice in being abused by "puffy fluffy."​
Writing: While the beginning of One Coarse Meal was actually SLIGHTLY interesting, nothing that happens in A Pal for Gary makes any sense. Spongebob was never this concerned about Gary before, so the plot does feel contrived. The writing in A Pal for Gary is worse because just of how BORING it is, even WHEN Gary is getting tormented. At least One Coarse Meal told a coherent story, but A Pal for Gary is just one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. Especially with the completely unnecessary and filler abuse. That doesn't mean that One Coarse Meal even has DECENT writing though. It's awful, offensive, and makes no sense, in a true modern Spongebob fashion.​
Ending: Both endings are awful, really. In A Pal for Gary, Gary is about to be EATEN by Puffy Fluffy, and, in one of the most infamous scenes on the ENTIRE show, he gets scolded. Everyone hates this scene. And yeah, I have NO IDEA why it was written. Meanwhile, the ending of One Coarse Meal features Spongebob backstabbing Plankton SO HARD it is just ridiculous. We all know why. Plus, Mr Krabs laughing at Plankton trying to kill himself is one of the worst jokes I have ever seen on this show.​
So, which is worse?
One_Coarse_Meal.jpg
#2 - One Coarse Meal
Season: 7
Writers: Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, Doug Lawrence
SBmania Rating: 1.5

A_Pal_for_Gary.jpg

#1 - A Pal for Gary
Season: 7
Writers: Zeus Cervas, Casey Alexander, Richard Pursel
SBmania Rating: 1.2

Congratulations, A Pal for Gary! You are one of the worst episodes of any cartoon I have ever seen! :violin:

Tune in next time for my Top 20 BEST episodes.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
OCM is an honorable mention on my worst list, and A Pal For Gary is HORRIBLE! Good list in my opinion (despite some disagreeable choices). I can't wait for the best list! :)

Homie

get outer my space!
Complete list:

20. Boating Buddies
19. Face Freeze!
18. House Fancy
17. Plankton's Regular
16. To Love a Patty
15. The Splinter
14. Choir Boys
13. Spongebob You're Fired
12. Truth or Square
11. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom
10. Dear Vikings
9. Squid Baby
8. Atlantis Squarepantis
7. Stuck in the Wringer
6. Little Yellow Book
5. Yours, Mine and Mine
4. Pet Sitter Pat
3. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy
2. One Coarse Meal
1. A Pal for Gary

More

VIP
Cant wait for the best episodes! Great list, great points, detail, everything! I just loved it all.

Even though there were some less agreeable choices, Like Pet Sitter Pat, it was good.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
Since I only read your reviews on these when I started following your post, I'll only respond to them:

8. Atlantis Squarepantis

I actually haven't seen this one for a long time, but I remember NOT hating it. I thought it was actually decent, and I never understood why people hate it so much. Why? I'll watch it possibly tonight and I'll give you my legit opinion on it.

7. Stuck in the Wringer

Don't kill me, but I actually LIKE this episode. I watched it recently, and I actually enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty funny and ect, and I don't why, but I liked it. I liked how SpongeBob was smart enough to blame Patrick. Patrick is dumb, so that's why he used glue. And SpongeBob tried to go on through his normal life even with the wringer, but he realized all the things about it that made his life worse, so he started to get pissed off, and yes, he yelled at Patrick. The BBites got mad at SpongeBob because he yelled at Patrick (kinda stupid of them to yell at him even though Patrick did ruin SpongeBob's life), but still, Patrick is dumb and he tried helping SpongeBob, but his lack of intelligence got in the way of that. So I forgive SpongeBob and Patrick for this. And the episode too. Because I still like it. Yes, I don't like seeing SpongeBob in pain, but I can forgive it, because I don't hate an episode just because of that. Well, I do hate Krabby Land though, but he was purposely getting himself in pain, and the kids enjoyed seeing him in pain. And anyway, about Stuck in a Wringer, yes people hate SpongeBob's "moral" at the end, but it's NOT supposed to be taken seriously. It's not suppose to be a moral. It's a joke. It reminds me of Chocolate with Nuts, where SpongeBob and Patrick pretty much say that it's okay to lie and "Horray for Lying!" But NO ONE rants about that. And I don't too. Because I know it's a joke and not supposed to be taken seriously. Same goes with Stuck in a Wringer. And I love Chocolate with Nuts. I'm pretty sure every kid who watched Stuck in a Wringer and Chocolate with Nuts know that these "morals" are jokes and are not supposed to be taken seriously.

6. Little Yellow Book

I don't see why people hate this episode. Yes, Squidward was a jerk, but he's a jerk in I Heart Dancing, and I still love the episode! And okay, this episode is not amazing at all, but I still like it's pretty decent. And I kinda do like it overall. I'd give it like a 7 though, and maybe either a Good or a Meh.

5. Yours, Mine and Mine

Again, don't kill me, but I love this episode! It was really funny and a really good episode overall. Okay, yes, Patrick was kinda a jerk, but he doesn't know how to share (because he's dumb), so I can excuse him for that. SpongeBob got fed up with Patrick's lack of sharing skills, and him hogging the toy, so yeah. The episode is pretty much about two friends having to share something, one of them doesn't have a clue about what sharing is, the other one gets fed up with this, they fight, and everything gets resolved at the end. And Patrick's line at the end was kinda supposed to be a joke, not something to take seriously. (Like I said with Stuck in a Wringer.) Overall, I really love this episode actually.

4. Pet Sitter Pat

Sigh, don't kill me, again. But yes, I love Pet Sitter Pat. The same thing like I said with YMAM, Patrick is dumb, he doesn't know how to babysit, his attempts cause destruction, but he is not intentionally torturing Gary. His low intelligence is causing him to babysit badly, and I mean REALLY badly. (Heck, Squidward didn't know how to babysit Gary either, in I Was a Teenage Gary) And Gary turned out okay at the end. And not to mention that SPONGEBOB was REALLY LIKABLE in this episode! And he got to see Gramma SquarePants again, yay! (Yes, I know, she appears in other post-movie episodes too.) But yeah, I actually love this episode a lot.

Okay, enough with me disagreeing with you. Now here's where I agree, because I actually hate this episode too! It's boring, stupid, and a very bad episode overall. And the whole naked Sandy thing and her fur as a coat or whatever was REALLY stupid and Plankton using that to pretend to be Sandy when all it is is just fur with eye holes and stuff, was gross too and just really BLEH!!! I hate this episode a lot too.

2. One Coarse Meal

I don't hate this episode, but I don't like it at all. I still think it's a bad episode though. It was boring and driving Plankton to suicide wad bad too. I don't care for this episode at all, that's my point. I don't like it, but I don't really care to rant about it. I'd rather rant about Boating Buddies and Gullible Pants and stuff like that.

1. A Pal for Gary

And finally, I HATE this piece of sh** episode! F*** it! It is the worst SpongeBob episode. SpongeBob was unlikable and WAY TOO NAIVE!!! And the episode is dark and ridiculous and gross and BLEKH!!!! BAD!!! And Pet Sitter Pat is WAYYYY better than this bullsh**! SpongeBob is fairly intelligent and Patrick is unintelligent! I can forgive Patrick because of this, but SpongeBob was way too off in this one. And Puffy Fluffy is EVIL! While Patrick is dumb. Also, SpongeBob is Gary's owner, and in this abomination, it looked like couldn't take care of sh**! Yeah, this episode should just die and go to He**!

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
SpongyDevotee said:
7. Stuck in the Wringer

Don't kill me, but I actually LIKE this episode. I watched it recently, and I actually enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty funny and ect, and I don't why, but I liked it. I liked how SpongeBob was smart enough to blame Patrick. Patrick is dumb, so that's why he used glue. And SpongeBob tried to go on through his normal life even with the wringer, but he realized all the things about it that made his life worse, so he started to et pissed off, and yes, he yelled at Patrick. The BBites got mad at SpongeBob because he yelled at Patrick (kinda stupid of them to yell at him even though Patrick did ruin SpongeBob's life), but still, Patrick is dumb and he tried helping SpongeBob, but his lack of intelligence got in the way of that. So I forgive SpongeBob and Patrick for this. And the episode too. Because I still like it. Yes, I don't like seeing SpongeBob in pain, but I can forgive it, because I don't hate an episode just because of that. Well, I do hate Krabby Land though, but he was purposely getting himself in pain, and the kids enjoyed seeing him in pain. And anyway, about Stuck in a Wringer, yes people hate SpongeBob's "moral" at the end, but it's NOT supposed to be taken seriously. It's not suppose to be a moral. It's a joke. It reminds me of Chocolate with Nuts, where SpongeBob and Patrick pretty much say that it's okay to lie and "Horray for Lying!" But NO ONE rants about that. And I don't too. Because I know it's a joke and not supposed to be taken seriously. Same goes with Stuck in a Wringer. And I love Chocolate with Nuts. I'm pretty sure every kid who watched Stuck in a Wringer and Chocolate with Nuts know that these "morals" are jokes and are not supposed to be taken seriously.
You know, I actually have the same comparison feeling when it comes to Chocolate With Nuts and Kracked Krabs. The "moral" in both episodes aren't even meant to be taken seriously! They're parodies darnit! I'm surprised that many MANY people will rant about the moral at the end of Kracked Krabs (which actually parodies people who sneak hotel items into their bags), yet they don't give a darn about the moral at the end of CWN! I don't either because, like you said, these "morals" aren't meant to be taken seriously. THEY'RE JOKES!

Mantis

killer queen best stand
This list was awesome! Why cant you people see that Zeus Cervas and Casey Alexander are the spawns of Satan!

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Spongetron Robotpants said:
This list was awesome! Why cant you people see that Zeus Cervas and Casey Alexander are the spawns of Satan!
You're basically suggesting to kill the guys that wrote and helped creating- Dying For Pie, Imitation Krabs, Life of Crime, Christmas Who, Shanghaied, Frenkendoodle, Band Geeks, Graveyard Shift, Just One Bite, Snowball Effect, No Weenies Allowed, Wet Painters, Krusty Krab Training Video, Krab Borg, Chocolate With Nuts, Fear of a Krabby Patty, Shell of a Man, MM&BB VI, The Lost Mattress, Krabs vs. Plankton, Mrs. Puff You're Fired, Have You Seen this Snail, Dunces and Dragons, Spongicus, Sand Castles in the Sand, Chum Caverns, I ♥ Dancing, Squidward in Clarinetland, Tunnel of Glove, A Friendly Game, Oral Report, Walking the Plankton, Free Samples, Karen 2.0, Patrick-man, Evil Spatula, Safe Despoit Krabs and Senance Schemeance.

Yes, they have bad episodes.
That doesn't mean they don't have good ones.

SpongyDevotee said:
Since I only read your reviews on these when I started following your post, I'll only respond to them:

8. Atlantis Squarepantis

I actually haven't seen this one for a long time, but I remember NOT hating it. I thought it was actually decent, and I never understood why people hate it so much. Why? I'll watch it possibly tonight and I'll give you my legit opinion on it.

7. Stuck in the Wringer

Don't kill me, but I actually LIKE this episode. I watched it recently, and I actually enjoyed it. I thought it was pretty funny and ect, and I don't why, but I liked it. I liked how SpongeBob was smart enough to blame Patrick. Patrick is dumb, so that's why he used glue. And SpongeBob tried to go on through his normal life even with the wringer, but he realized all the things about it that made his life worse, so he started to et pissed off, and yes, he yelled at Patrick. The BBites got mad at SpongeBob because he yelled at Patrick (kinda stupid of them to yell at him even though Patrick did ruin SpongeBob's life), but still, Patrick is dumb and he tried helping SpongeBob, but his lack of intelligence got in the way of that. So I forgive SpongeBob and Patrick for this. And the episode too. Because I still like it. Yes, I don't like seeing SpongeBob in pain, but I can forgive it, because I don't hate an episode just because of that. Well, I do hate Krabby Land though, but he was purposely getting himself in pain, and the kids enjoyed seeing him in pain. And anyway, about Stuck in a Wringer, yes people hate SpongeBob's "moral" at the end, but it's NOT supposed to be taken seriously. It's not suppose to be a moral. It's a joke. It reminds me of Chocolate with Nuts, where SpongeBob and Patrick pretty much say that it's okay to lie and "Horray for Lying!" But NO ONE rants about that. And I don't too. Because I know it's a joke and not supposed to be taken seriously. Same goes with Stuck in a Wringer. And I love Chocolate with Nuts. I'm pretty sure every kid who watched Stuck in a Wringer and Chocolate with Nuts know that these "morals" are jokes and are not supposed to be taken seriously.

6. Little Yellow Book

I don't see why people hate this episode. Yes, Squidward was a jerk, but he's a jerk in I Heart Dancing, and I still love the episode! And okay, this episode is not amazing at all, but I still like it's pretty decent. And I kinda do like it overall. I'd give it like a 7 though, and maybe either a Good or a Meh.

5. Yours, Mine and Mine

Again, don't kill me, but I love this episode! It was really funny and a really good episode overall. Okay, yes, Patrick was kinda a jerk, but he doesn't know how to share (because he's dumb), so I can excuse him for that. SpongeBob got fed up with Patrick's lack of sharing skills, and him hogging the toy, so yeah. The episode is pretty much about two friends having to share something, one of them doesn't have a clue about what sharing is, the other one gets fed up with this, they fight, and everything gets resolved at the end. And Patrick's line at the end was kinda supposed to be a joke, not something to take seriously. (Like I said with Stuck in a Wringer.) Overall, I really love this episode actually.

4. Pet Sitter Pat

Sigh, don't kill me, again. But yes, I love Pet Sitter Pat. The same thing like I said with YMAM, Patrick is dumb, he doesn't know how to babysit, his attempts cause destruction, but he is not intentionally torturing Gary. His low intelligence is causing him to babysit badly, and I mean REALLY badly. (Heck, Squidward didn't know how to babysit Gary either, in I Was a Teenage Gary) And Gary turned out okay at the end. And not to mention that SPONGEBOB was REALLY LIKABLE in this episode! And he got to see Gramma SquarePants again, yay! (Yes, I know, she appears in other post-movie episodes too.) But yeah, I actually love this episode a lot.

Okay, enough with me disagreeing with you. Now here's where I agree, because I actually hate this episode too! It's boring, stupid, and a very bad episode overall. And the whole naked Sandy thing and her fur as a coat or whatever was REALLY stupid and Plankton using that to pretend to be Sandy when all it is is just fur with eye holes and stuff, was gross too and just really BLEH!!! I hate this episode a lot too.

2. One Coarse Meal

I don't hate this episode, but I don't like it at all. I still think it's a bad episode though. It was boring and driving Plankton to suicide wad bad too. I don't care for this episode at all, that's my point. I don't like it, but I don't really care to rant about it. I'd rather rant about Boating Buddies and Gullible Pants and stuff like that.

1. A Pal for Gary

And finally, I HATE this piece of sh** episode! F*** it! It is the worst SpongeBob episode. SpongeBob was unlikable and WAY TOO NAIVE!!! And the episode is dark and ridiculous and gross and BLEKH!!!! BAD!!! And Pet Sitter Pat is WAYYYY better than this bullsh**! SpongeBob is fairly intelligent and Patrick is unintelligent! I can forgive Patrick because of this, but SpongeBob was way too off in this one. And Puffy Fluffy is EVIL! While Patrick is dumb. Also, SpongeBob is Gary's owner, and in this abomination, it looked like couldn't take care of sh**! Yeah, this episode should just die and go to He**!
THANK YOU!!! I found Pet Sitter Pat very underrated and I'm so sick of people saying It's a worse version of A Pal for Gary. The surprising thing is that people didn't say Pet Sitter Pat is a post-movie version of I Was a Teenage Gary.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Ohad said:
You're basically suggesting to kill the guys that wrote and helped creating- Dying For Pie, Imitation Krabs, Life of Crime, Christmas Who, Shanghaied, Frenkendoodle, Band Geeks, Graveyard Shift, Just One Bite, Snowball Effect, No Weenies Allowed, Wet Painters, Krusty Krab Training Video, Krab Borg, Chocolate With Nuts, Fear of a Krabby Patty, Shell of a Man, MM&BB VI, The Lost Mattress, Krabs vs. Plankton, Mrs. Puff You're Fired, Have You Seen this Snail, Dunces and Dragons, Spongicus, Sand Castles in the Sand, Chum Caverns, I ♥ Dancing, Squidward in Clarinetland, Tunnel of Glove, A Friendly Game, Oral Report, Walking the Plankton, Free Samples, Karen 2.0, Patrick-man, Evil Spatula, Safe Despoit Krabs and Senance Schemeance.

You think I give a crap about most of these episodes? Yeah I know they have made good episodes, but it still doesnt make up for what they did to Spongebob. They have killed Spongebob, and I will not rest until they burn in Hell.

Homie

get outer my space!
Ohad said:

Storyboarding shouldn't equate to writing.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
homestuck said:
Storyboarding shouldn't equate to writing.
It's kinda weird they way they credit people on the show. One guy credited in an episode writes the outline/premise and the other people who get credit usually board the episode and add the dialog to it.

I was wondering why Ohad was listing those much earlier episodes and then I remembered that Zeus started out as an assistant storyboard artist then. I can see why those wouldn't count exactly.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
You know, I actually have the same comparison feeling when it comes to Chocolate With Nuts and Kracked Krabs. The "moral" in both episodes aren't even meant to be taken seriously! They're parodies darnit! I'm surprised that many MANY people will rant about the moral at the end of Kracked Krabs (which actually parodies people who sneak hotel items into their bags), yet they don't give a darn about the moral at the end of CWN! I don't either because, like you said, these "morals" aren't meant to be taken seriously. THEY'RE JOKES!
Yes, I definately agree with you. And I like Kracked Krabs too. For all 3 of these episodes, the "morals" are supposed to be jokes and not supposed to be taken seriously. They're just random silly morals and sometimes parodies. I hate how people rant about something that was in a post-movie episode, even though it was in a pre-movie episode too. I'm glad you understand this. :)

THANK YOU!!! I found Pet Sitter Pat very underrated and I'm so sick of people saying It's a worse version of A Pal for Gary. The surprising thing is that people didn't say Pet Sitter Pat is a post-movie version of I Was a Teenage Gary.

You're welcome! :) That's because I really love this episode! This episode is so underrated. (In fact, most post-movie episodes are underrated.) And it's definately NOT a worse version of A Pal for Gary. Anyway, I don't really consider Pet Sitter Pat a post-movie version of I Was a Teenage Gary even though it does have some similarites like the babysitting aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back