SBM's Top 25 Worst/Best Spongebob Episodes

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
SpongeyKid said:
I will never in my life understand why "A Flee in her Dome" is hated so much by so many people :/
I don't really hate many of the boring/forgettable episodes unless they are so mind numbingly painful like "Dear Vikings" that something has to be said about them. AFIHD had a few funny moments BTW though the execution coulda been way better.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
[SIZE=48pt]#8[/SIZE]
GetAttachment3-1.jpg

Haha, oh boy.

In this episode, Squidward exits Squilliam’s music recital when he bumps into a news reporter who thinks he’s Squilliam. She offers him a career at teaching a music class, in which Squiddy decides to call himself Squilliam and take the job and have his 15 minutes of fame.

On his first day as a music teacher, Squidward is just about to teach when Spongebob and Patrick arrive to be his students. Wait. Spongebob and Patrick… Squidward’s students… in a MUSIC CLASS?

Umm… How does that work? I mean, just how? I know it’s a cartoon so I probably shouldn’t be so bugged by it, but I find it strange how BOTH of them could become students so easily in a music class. Spongebob has a really low-paying job at the Krusty Krab, and with his salary, it’d be extremely difficult to get the money to be taught in a music class.

Patrick: And with my job, I can never get paid enough to enter Squidward’s music school.

Me: Job?! What job is that?

Patrick: Exactly.

My point is, considering the fact that Spongebob and Patrick couldn’t get the money to enter a music school (which is expensive), it’d be almost impossible for them to arrive at this minute.

Because Spongebob and Patrick are Squidward’s two new students, for most of the episode, he’s stuck with them annoying the heck out of him, AND the audience. They tickle themselves, get hypnotized by a metronome, etc. But why are they acting this way? I’d expect that out of Patrick, but why Spongebob? He never acts like this when he’s in Boating School, and he certainly never acted like this when he was Squidward’s art student in Artist Unknown. I realize this is Season 6, but come on! You would think that he’d at least stay calm and listen to the teacher here, which is “Squilliam”, who is actually Squidward with a powdered wig (he looks so cool).

At the end of the episode, the cops, Squilliam, and even the news reporter from earlier catch Squidward in the act and arrest him for impersonating a musician.

What can I say about this episode? Well for one, it is BOOOOOORIIIIIIING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVF77-FEr9Q

Seriously. I did not get one laugh out of this episode, nor was it even all that interesting. Most of the episode is Squidward trying to teach his class with Spongebob and Patrick annoying the heck out of him which, by the way, was unbearably annoying. Also, why did the news reporter have to be an idiot in the beginning?

Though, to be fair, many people hate it mostly because they think it has... *sigh* Squidward torture. *sigh* Okay, why is this episode considered Squidward torture? Spongebob and Patrick were annoying, but still. And the ending? Come on! He was doing something wrong. He was IMPERSONATING A MUSICIAN! YOU CANNOT DO THAT! Impersonating a musical professor is wrong, and illegal. Just like a doctor, you need to learn everything it takes to become a music teacher, otherwise, if you become one without the knowledge (or a license), you’ll be known as a phony, and you have a very high chance of going to jail. So Squidward deserved to be arrested in this episode. He was doing something wrong, and he got comeuppance for it. But apparently, some people don’t believe that he did anything wrong and make him look like a saint, calling the ending a big slap in the face to him.

Bottom line is, Squidward actually did something wrong here, so he deserved what he got, which is good. While I don’t think this episode is really good, it’s certainly not one of the worst. To me, it’s basically ‘okay’ at best, mediocre at worst. Nothing truly bad. I’ve seen much more painful episodes out there.

Also, I may have snickered at Spongebob’s leg muscles, as well as Patrick’s train scene. I don’t know why, but I always find minis kind of cute. ^_^

Hint for Number 7: Squidward contributes to Earth Day

ThePineappleLord

Moby Dollar
GordokTheMad said:
[SIZE=48pt]#8[/SIZE]
GetAttachment3-1.jpg

Haha, oh boy.

In this episode, Squidward exits Squilliam’s music recital when he bumps into a news reporter who thinks he’s Squilliam. She offers him a career at teaching a music class, in which Squiddy decides to call himself Squilliam and take the job and have his 15 minutes of fame.

On his first day as a music teacher, Squidward is just about to teach when Spongebob and Patrick arrive to be his students. Wait. Spongebob and Patrick… Squidward’s students… in a MUSIC CLASS?

Umm… How does that work? I mean, just how? I know it’s a cartoon so I probably shouldn’t be so bugged by it, but I find it strange how BOTH of them could become students so easily in a music class. Spongebob has a really low-paying job at the Krusty Krab, and with his salary, it’d be extremely difficult to get the money to be taught in a music class.

Patrick: And with my job, I can never get paid enough to enter Squidward’s music school.

Me: Job?! What job is that?

Patrick: Exactly.

My point is, considering the fact that Spongebob and Patrick couldn’t get the money to enter a music school (which is expensive), it’d be almost impossible for them to arrive at this minute.

Because Spongebob and Patrick are Squidward’s two new students, for most of the episode, he’s stuck with them annoying the heck out of him, AND the audience. They tickle themselves, get hypnotized by a metronome, etc. But why are they acting this way? I’d expect that out of Patrick, but why Spongebob? He never acts like this when he’s in Boating School, and he certainly never acted like this when he was Squidward’s art student in Artist Unknown. I realize this is Season 6, but come on! You would think that he’d at least stay calm and listen to the teacher here, which is “Squilliam”, who is actually Squidward with a powdered wig (he looks so cool).

At the end of the episode, the cops, Squilliam, and even the news reporter from earlier catch Squidward in the act and arrest him for impersonating a musician.

What can I say about this episode? Well for one, it is BOOOOOORIIIIIIING!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVF77-FEr9Q

Seriously. I did not get one laugh out of this episode, nor was it even all that interesting. Most of the episode is Squidward trying to teach his class with Spongebob and Patrick annoying the heck out of him which, by the way, was unbearably annoying. Also, why did the news reporter have to be an idiot in the beginning?

Though, to be fair, many people hate it mostly because they think it has... *sigh* Squidward torture. *sigh* Okay, why is this episode considered Squidward torture? Spongebob and Patrick were annoying, but still. And the ending? Come on! He was doing something wrong. He was IMPERSONATING A MUSICIAN! YOU CANNOT DO THAT! Impersonating a musical professor is wrong, and illegal. Just like a doctor, you need to learn everything it takes to become a music teacher, otherwise, if you become one without the knowledge (or a license), you’ll be known as a phony, and you have a very high chance of going to jail. So Squidward deserved to be arrested in this episode. He was doing something wrong, and he got comeuppance for it. But apparently, some people don’t believe that he did anything wrong and make him look like a saint, calling the ending a big slap in the face to him.

Bottom line is, Squidward actually did something wrong here, so he deserved what he got, which is good. While I don’t think this episode is really good, it’s certainly not one of the worst. To me, it’s basically ‘okay’ at best, mediocre at worst. Nothing truly bad. I’ve seen much more painful episodes out there.

Also, I may have snickered at Spongebob’s leg muscles, as well as Patrick’s train scene. I don’t know why, but I always find minis kind of cute. ^_^

Hint for Number 7: Squidward contributes to Earth Day
I think that the reason that people hate this episode is because all of the humor was forced. Spongebob and Patrick cannot go to a university because it is expensive and not spongebob nor Patrick have any money.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
ThePineappleLord said:
I think that the reason that people hate this episode is because all of the humor was forced. Spongebob and Patrick cannot go to a university because it is expensive and not spongebob nor Patrick have any money.
I see what you're saying. Most of the humor (to me) felt kind of shoved in and lame. The only parts I thought were funny were Spongebob and his muscle legs, as well as Patrick's locomotive scene. But those only got a smile out of me.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Professor Squidward was okay, but SpongeBob and Patrick were both annoying in the episode. At least the episode had some good jokes, but...

The next one is definitely Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful. Or maybe SpongeBob's Last Stand.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Professor Squidward sucked period and it's one of my least favorites from this season. The plot doesn't even make any sense and you're completely right about a lot of this being Squidward's fault this time. It's just a poor episode but not even close to being the worst.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
Slide Whistle Stooges: This episode was okay, but there were many problems in this episode and the episode title sounds weird.
Grooming Gary: I like this episode, but the Gary Abuse in this episode is terrible.
Good Ol' Whatshisname: The beginning was good, but after that it is stupid. I hate this episode.
Pineapple Fever: I thought it was okay.
The Krusty Sponge: This is a meh episode and it is way dull.
Professor Squidward: I hate this episode. The only good part was the scene Patrick's train.

Party Pooper Pants: This is a meh episode.
Toy Store of Doom: I like this episode.
The Battle of Bikini Bottom: I hate this episode.
Squidward's School for Grown-Ups: This episode is boring.
Nature Pants: A meh episode.
The Play's The Thing: I hate this episode.
A Flea in Her Dome: Again a meh episode.
Rodeo Daze: A lame episode, which makes no sense.
SpongeBob SquarePants VS. The Big One: I like this episode, but it is disappointing.
Squid Baby: The part how Squidward hurt his head was bad and I felt bad for him, but this episode was meh/OK, but there some flaws in this episode.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
About those honorable mentions, I really don't see how Rodeo Daze is so mean. Sandy was never in danger, SpongeBob just thought she was. When the Bikini Bottomites didn't care to go help her I didn't see it as them not caring about Sandy, I saw it as them thinking SpongeBob was overreacting, which they know he is prone to doing and which he was doing at the moment. If he'd had proof that Sandy was in trouble and they still didn't care, that might have been different. But as it is, they had no reason to believe that Sandy was in any kind of danger.

Rodeo Daze is still awful, I just don't think that mean-spiritedness is one of the reasons why.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Party Pooper Pants: I can see why you guys hate it. That doormat joke feels so Season 6.
Toy Store of Doom: One of Season 6's best
The Battle of Bikini Bottom: The battle between Clean and Dirty is as useless as a battle between Boxers and Briefs.
Squidward's School for Grown Ups: Only good thing about this episode was the song, but everything else is B to the ORING! I mean, Boat Screaming?! Is that the best they could come up with?!
The Play's the Thing: Just an episode made for ruining Squidward's dreams. Nothing else much to offer.
Nature Pants: Boring
A Flea in Her Dome: Actually, I thought this episode was gross.
Rodeo Daze: Meh
SpongeBob SquarePants vs. the Big One: Decent
Squid Baby: One of the worst episodes of Season 9 ever.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Old Man Leroy Jenkins said:
Party Pooper Pants: I can see why you guys hate it. That doormat joke feels so Season 6.
Toy Store of Doom: One of Season 6's best
The Battle of Bikini Bottom: The battle between Clean and Dirty is as useless as a battle between Boxers and Briefs.
Squidward's School for Grown Ups: Only good thing about this episode was the song, but everything else is B to the ORING! I mean, Boat Screaming?! Is that the best they could come up with?!
The Play's the Thing: Just an episode made for ruining Squidward's dreams. Nothing else much to offer.
Nature Pants: Boring
A Flea in Her Dome: Actually, I thought this episode was gross.
Rodeo Daze: Meh
SpongeBob SquarePants vs. the Big One: Decent
Squid Baby: One of the worst episodes of Season 9 ever.
Yeah, A Flea in Her Dome is one of the most disgusting episodes for me, and it probably ties with The Splinter.

Back