Matt's TOP 100 (Revised V2)

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
CalvinFan64 said:
It's monday...
Sorry for being late.

-If only golf can be this enjoyable to watch-

A_Friendly_Game.jpg

So, after season 7 I kind of lost hope for the show. I felt that it would never recovered because, let's be honest, season 7 wasn't great at all. It was average at it's absolute best. So I lost most parts of season 8. After a while, I decided to look back at the great days of SB by watching some golden oldies and felt encouraged to follow the new season. This was the first season 8 ep I ever tuned into and I wasn't dissapointed.

A Friendly Game is like Idiot Box. As a whole, the episode lacks a lot of excitement. So less points for this episode. It's also not as funny as Idiot Box. It focuses more on the developing the plot to make it as interesting as possible. Which ment it is no surprised that Squidward, one of the cast member of the episode, failed to amuse me. They weren't putting to much emphasis on his screen role.

And it didn't failed me.

As a story to follow, A Friendly Game was almost flawless. It's the story that really kicks it in the heart. Only a mad man would simply connect with the idea of SpongeBob playing golf. And I would never thought of the idea that SpongeBob would start creating an episode with an enjoyable story to follow and a plot from out of the blue. I literally sat there in front of the television watching it like a kid. The writers managed to create a story where a 20 year old would ask to himself "Oh, what's gonna happen here?" I love the idea 'Play It Where It Lies'. It was the one who created the whole plot and the catchphrase that runs the episode. The whole golf playing was creative and brilliant. So, yes. Well played season 8. Well played.

I also noticed there are some 'anatomical jokes' in this episode. For example; "Where could the golf ball be? Ah! Next to the golf bladder of course!"

Plus Points (+)
1. The plot was fenomenal
2. The whole story was enjoyable
3. It was the show's redemption to my dismay

Minus points (-)
1. No excitement
2. Squidward had a pitiful performance
3. There are some anatomical jokes (Although this one is just my excuse)

OWM

XD
Please Roadie, don't pull a Docosagon and abandon this!

hfjs

Yeah, please don't.

CHECK OUT MILKMAIDMAN'S TOP 39 SEASON 2 SPONGEBOB EPISODES!

hfjs

I'm very sorry I'm new here and I don't know that much. Please don't ban me. I really like it here.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
President Squidward said:
RELAX, he will have another episode in a day or two... BE PATIENT.
WIN

-Intense court battle in a show aimed at children. Bloody hell-

Titlecard-Krabs_vs._Plankton.jpg

This might sound like an overexaggeration but Krabs vs. Plankton is probably one of the last of it's kind. A kind that consists Algae's Always Greener, Walking Small, and F.U.N. These are the kinds of episode that took the corporate c*ck contest between the bittersweet nemesis to a new dimension. Rather than actually creating a situation (plan), Planksters took advantage of a situation he was handed out. And in almost every case it always deliver a good 11 minutes of enjoyable moments.

In Algae's Always Greener, Karen created the situation following his husband's depression and for the whole 11 minutes Plankton missed EVERY opportunity to utilize the manipulation. In Walking Small, he made use of SpongeBob's innocence, but his abrasive mind games couldn't foil SB's golden heart. Finally, in F.U.N., it was SpongeBob who used the situation and up till the 10th minute, he did well to use the occasion. In came the solid concrete. In this episode, he came as a depressed man and went out of the KK as a counterfeiting rogue.

krabs-vs-plankton-2.jpg

Up until the last few bits of the episode, Plankton's manipulation worked brilliantly.

But as always, SB saved the day and the diminutive hooligan was arrested. As an episode, it had on of the most interesting conflict ever created on the show. And they didn't disappoint with the showdown set. Not the Krusty Krab nor Goo Lagoon. It was the court room. The ultimate source of suspense. It had a very good basis. And the execution was, well to be honest, not perfect.

That was the only problem really. The actually-well-done execution felt light and poor alongside the base of the episode. It felt like it was way too rushed. Every segment of moments in the episode were short lived. For example, Squid's defence. We all know he was going to screw Krabs over, but the segment goes for about 4 dialogues and less than 54 seconds. It was quite smile-delivering though, that scene. Some of the jokes were quite dim (if there are more than 5 that is). Like that mop defence joke. Not to mention that the main man Krabs wasn't really performing.The only great thing about the execution is the fact that it brought the corporate showdown to a new, lawful area. And the conflict resolution was genius. I simply had no idea of what that Patty would do.

Plus Points (+)
1. Another episode with a great story
2. Interesting conflict and brilliant resolution
3. New area of corporate showdown

Minus points (-)
1. It felt rushed, lacked passion.
2. There are gopping jokes.
3. Mr. Krabs wasn't performing. At all.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I enjoyed this episode, but the few flaws you said were true, but still a good episode. :)

Probably the best one of Season 4...

Back