Leedle's Ranking of Every Season 1 Episode Countdown

Leedles

Leedle
The episode is...

SCAREDY PANTS!

Ok, I know you may not think of Spongebob Torture P0rn when you hear it, but it kinda is. The town torments him throughout the episode for being a little scared. That being said, this episode is still quite funny. The souls look like pickles bit is funny, and I love Patrick's costume and them thinking they're scaring the town. It appropriately balances scares and humor. It's nice to see the Flying Dutchman's first appearance, and the costumes of the character. It brought out some character traits and was interesting to see.

Hint for #18: Squidward randomly does exercise.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
I missed a lot!

NNN- Pretty good. nothing too special or memorable but it's good. (IDK if i would put it higher or lower)
Aargh!- It's alright. I expect better from Vincent (but Hooky and Texas were redeeming.) (lower)
F.U.N.- Totally classic. SB and Planky bonding was adorable. (higher)
Boating School- Ehh… a couple of okay jokes. Introduced boating to the show. (lower)
Scaredy Pants- It's okay. Nothing too funny. (lower)

I guess SB-129 cuz FUTURE!

Leedles

Leedle
SB-129 is right.

SB-129 is a bit overrated if you ask me. That being said, it's still a great episode. I think it should get about as much likability as, say, NNN. NNN is considered a classic episode with a memorable plot and an overall sense of fun. That's exactly how I'd describe this episode. The plot is amazing. Like, 9.5/10 amazing. It's a great plot. One of the ways to make a great plot align to make the episode a true great is include good jokes in it. While there were some standouts, most of the jokes just didn't hit the mark for me. Still...it's a great episode, and the sense of fun is strong with this one.

Hint for 17: The same name as a song on The Slim Shady LP.

Leedles

Leedle
Because I'm feeling generous to you, here's my Rock Bottom review!

This is one of the most entertaining episodes of Season 1. It's absolutely enjoyable. Not only is there some creepiness done right, but it's also hilarious. While I felt bad for Spongebob, I can't deny watching his antics as he tried to get a bus back to Bikini Bottom is entertaining. The plot is fine, but it could be a bit better. Some of the scenes make me wanna throw something at the screen, but they're also so hilarious at the same time, I can't help but laugh. That's it's main problem: It's an SB torture p0rn, though minor in that regard. That being said, it's still a funny episode that makes me mad and laugh at the same time.

Hint for #16: I hate all of you.

toasterstrutel

Krabby Patty Burglar
LeedleLeedleLeedleLee said:
Because I'm feeling generous to you, here's my Rock Bottom review!

This is one of the most entertaining episodes of Season 1. It's absolutely enjoyable. Not only is there some creepiness done right, but it's also hilarious. While I felt bad for Spongebob, I can't deny watching his antics as he tried to get a bus back to Bikini Bottom is entertaining. The plot is fine, but it could be a bit better. Some of the scenes make me wanna throw something at the screen, but they're also so hilarious at the same time, I can't help but laugh. That's it's main problem: It's an SB torture p0rn, though minor in that regard. That being said, it's still a funny episode that makes me mad and laugh at the same time.

Hint for #16: I hate all of you.
Next is Karate Choppers. IMO character derailment done right is a good thing.

Leedles

Leedle
Karate Choppers it is! I need to make my hints harder...

This episode is definitely entertaining, and has a moment that may not be conceived as creepy, but it is. Even today, the hot sauce scene gives me the chills. However, Sandy and Spongebob fighting is absolutely entertaining, and will have you wondering what'll happen next. When Spongebob was crying when he lost his job, you feel bad for him, but you can't help but just laugh. It's just really, really funny. When they're making the sandwiches and fight, again, it's really entertaining. And then we have one of the best lines from Squid: "I hate all of you." The plot has a lot of filler, but it's GOOD filler, unlike something like Toy Store of Doom or House Sittin' for Sandy. The entertainment value is high with this one, though.

Hint for 15: Jellyfishing plays a bigger role than you think in this episode.

Leedles

Leedle
In what is quite possible gonna be my most controversial review, here's my review of IWATG.

Now, let's start off with why people might hate this episode: Spongebob gets punished for no reason, animal abuse, and creepiness. Okay, one, Spongebob didn't really seem too bothered by him turning into a snail. Also, it leads to easily one of the funniest scenes of the episode: Him chasing Squid around the house. It had me on the floor laughing. As for animal abuse, all he needed was water, then afterwards, Gary was fine. Squidward did forget to feed him, but that's part of the plot. He was just so happy he forgot to feed him. For creepiness, I felt like they went to as far as the boundaries as they went. They went to the highest point it could get without it being too creepy, and I felt like it was a solid payoff. The plot was great, and the humor was pretty funny as well (WILL YOU CLAM UP?). Overall, this is easily the most underrated episode of Season 1.

Hint for #14: Has a joke that was later reused in Truth or Square.

Leedles

Leedle
CORRECT!

Ok, so let me get this out of the way: This is the holiday special from Season 1 I would have been least likely to like. I'd expect something like IWATG or Scaredy Pants to be better than this. But I was wrong, unless Opposite Day or Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost counts, this is my favorite. Let's start out with the plot. The plot is what makes this special so great. It's really entertaining to watch, and the jokes are fluent and consistent. Patrick almost destroying the carnival was hilarious, and the rock joke in the beginning was funny as well (and they copied it in Truth or Square). Overall, a really solid episode.

Hint for #13: Zoo animals.

Back