The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants will release on December 19, 2025

Added to Calendar: 12-19-25

we’re only one year away from the release of Saving Bikini Bottom: The Sandy Cheeks Movie and also the 25th Anniversary celebration from the SpongeBob SquarePants franchise.

The Search For SquarePants is going to be a really great new SpongeBob movie. Brian Doyle Murray reprised his role as The Flying Dutchman and Derek Drymon is directing the movie. all 7 movies in the SpongeBob cinematic universe including the three character driven spin off films like Sandy, Plankton and Patrick.

It turns out the film was titled The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants and not The SpongeBob Movie: The Search for SquarePants.

You know, I wish they were 2D. I guess the reason as to why they aren't is so the movies could be differentiated from the show (Plus to have connection to Kamp Koral and continuity with the 3rd film).

Overall though, I do plan on seeing the forth movie once it comes out mainly because I've seen the second one in theaters but also to see if it's a worthwhile considering that in my opinion the third movie felt week compared to what came before.

the Search For SquarePants will be a Christmas blockbuster

It could be about SpongeBob or his family

We don't know yet what "SquarePants" refers to

I think it’s pretty great that we’ll get to see the Flying Dutchman return in the movie

Last edited:
I'm excited to see the Dutchman's involvement in the movie as they were always one of my favorite characters. I am disappointed it seems to be a 3D animated movie though as while I haven't watched any 3D SpongeBob, what I have seen just looks wrong IMO. I've only seen the first movie so maybe if I watched the others my opinion would change.

Are there any locations or characters you guys are hoping to see? I hope we get to see Sponge return to Rock Bottom as it seems like it might be a fitting location based on the limited information we have.

Back