The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants will release on December 19, 2025

Added to Calendar: 12-19-25

I think they should bring back Patrick’s famous “Leedle-Leedle-Leedle-Lee” line in the movie

I genuinely have faith that this movie is going to be better than the previous two films.

While there’s no denying that Paul Tibbitt had been an integral part of SpongeBob during its golden years, and was even handpicked by Hillenburg to keep the show going after he stepped down, I personally wasn’t really a fan of how he’d been running things after Season 5. Not to mention, for how enjoyable Sponge Out of Water was, it felt less like a movie and more like two half-hour specials stitched together.

Meanwhile, Tim Hill developed the show alongside Hillenburg and Drymon, but was only a member of the writer’s staff for the first season and didn’t have any major involvement in the show until its fourth season. While Sponge On The Run was also enjoyable in its own right, it didn’t have much leverage beyond acting as a backdoor pilot for the Kamp Koral spin-off series.

I personally have a lot more faith in Derek Drymon’s abilities, since he not only acted as the captain’s first mate and right hand to Stephen Hillenburg, but has also proved to still be able to capture the show’s spirit in the SpongeBob comics that he’d worked on between 2011 and 2016.

I think we have a year left until it comes out

My Leg gag was used in Sponge Out Of Water

This thread is in the calendar. Go to December 2025 and you'll see it on the 19th.

The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants going up against Avatar 3 means that the former might not do well. Also, the untitled eighth Mission: Impossible film took the place of Search for SquarePants when they moved the release dates during the 2023 SAG-AFTRA strike.

In the movie SpongeBob 4 he’s gonna be the Flying Dutchman. So….theres that. Good actor but I don’t wanna say bye to the current Dutchman. More executive meddling? Or did he retire???

I'm excited for this movie

I liked the past 3 movies all very much, I'm hoping this one is as good

In the movie SpongeBob 4 he’s gonna be the Flying Dutchman. So….theres that. Good actor but I don’t wanna say bye to the current Dutchman. More executive meddling? Or did he retire???
I don't think Brian retired but I do think some meddling had to of occur since, well, it's Nickelodeon.

But more likely be that Brian was busy and thus they had someone else take over. (which happened to be Mark Hamill)

I don't think Brian retired but I do think some meddling had to of occur since, well, it's Nickelodeon.

But more likely be that Brian was busy and thus they had someone else take over. (which happened to be Mark Hamill)
Or maybe they wanted a bigger name to voice Dutchie, just for this motion picture.

Back