The SpongeBob Movie: Search for SquarePants will release on December 19, 2025

Added to Calendar: 12-19-25

@Nathan Shetka you keep sending these one word comments like ''barnacles'' ''spongebob is so cool'' and stuff like that

if you dont have anything worthwhile to say then dont post any comment at all

Good thing I read that article. hoping that those new SpongeBob movies are going to be really good.

@Season 4-11 funny enough you were just talking about this yesterday...looks like they're not going to the surface for once! Quite the opposite in fact, and I'm excited to see some deep sea exploration.

Now that I think about it, this lowkey sounds like part of the story in Drawn to Life: SpongeBob Edition LMAO (the Flying Dutchman is featured in the Deep Sea levels of that game).

Now that I think about it, this lowkey sounds like part of the story in Drawn to Life: SpongeBob Edition LMAO (the Flying Dutchman is featured in the Deep Sea levels of that game).
i was thinking of the ''revenge of the flying dutchman'' video game when i read this plot

also praying for this to be 2d lol

i was thinking of the ''revenge of the flying dutchman'' video game when i read this plot

also praying for this to be 2d lol
It's very likely to be 3D, especially after seeing that the home release movie is going to be cgi...

I honestly don't have a preference with cgi vs. 2D, as long as it's not bad looking. But it would be nice to see 2D in at least one of the movies coming out.

SO ACCORDING TO THIS, DEREK DRYMON IS DIRECTING THE NEXT MOVIE. SOLO TOO!
That doesn't mean much to me though. Tim Hill directed the last film and I thought it was lousy at best.

This is such a vague plot that there isn't much to go off of. There's lots of potential for a Dutchman film, we'll just have to see if it's used wisely.

Back