SBM's Top 25 Worst/Best Spongebob Episodes

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
[SIZE=48pt]#16.[/SIZE]
To_SquarePants_or_Not_to_SquarePants.jpg

Wait. This is a special? Really? THIS, out of all things, is a special? How? Why? I mean, just how can this pass as a SPECIAL episode? It’s pointless! The episode is NOWHERE near as special as something like SB and the Big One, which, while kind of dumb and boring, at least tried to do something special, even though it didn’t do too well. =/

So what happens? Well, it begins with the narrator announcing something horrible that’s happening in this episode. Boy, this sounds interesting, doesn’t it?

Narrator: Ah. Another quiet day in Bikini Bottom. But it wasn't always this way. Once, it was horrible!

Yes?

(lightning strikes. A bridge wobbles as people try to get a pig across. Cut to SpongeBob's house) “The unimaginable happened!”

What happened?!

“One day, SpongeBob SquarePants...”

YES YES, WHAT HAPPENED TO SPONGEBOB?!?! TELL ME THE MOST HORRIBLE THING THAT HAPPENED TO HIM?!?!?!

“changed his pants!” (a woman screams)

[SIZE=8pt]Really?[/SIZE] THAT’S The horrible thing that happened? This dumb excuse for a special revolves around Spongebob… GETTING NEW PANTS?!?! You people aren’t even trying if this is what you come up with. Now, I do like it a little bit, and I guess it would be good to pass off as a normal episode, but these writers are calling this “SPECIAL”! You know, a special episode that’s supposed to be super cool and epic, which this episode isn’t?

In this episode, Spongebob decides to do some laundry, with his clothes and Gary’s shell, and then we get a “WONDERFUL” view of Gary’s underside!

(hidden in spoilers for the safety of your eyes)

Gary_with_a_butt.jpg

Yeah. Whenever you watch this episode, you are forced to see Gary’s butt. What the heck? Why would ANYBODY find that pleasant or funny? I mean, why would these people even draw this? Why would they think that THAT was a good thing to draw?? How the heck do none of these people see anything wrong with this???

After that image (I need to get some brain bleach after this review -_- ), Patrick decides to call Spongebob… so he can show him how long he can… roll his tongue. -_- [SIZE=8pt]You people aren’t even trying anymore, are you?[/SIZE]

Meanwhile, Gary gets his shell out of the laundry, and by the time SpongeBob gets to the dryer, his pants had shrunk. So, he goes to the store to get some new ones. And I should care, why? Spongebob can’t get any square pants, so he decides to get some round pants!

On his way home, he bumps into Patrick, who apparently doesn’t recognize him. You know, Patrick can’t recognize Spongebob? SPONGEBOB? You know, his best friend in the whole universe ever since they were BABIES??? Spongebob bumps into Sandy, who also doesn’t recognize him. Spongebob bumps into Squidward, who doesn’t seem to recognize him, and once Spongie leaves while crying, Squidward is happy about how his trick actually worked! Well, as least Squidward isn’t stupid here.

Okay, what the heck is with Patrick and Sandy here? I mean, I know Patrick is stupid, but how is it that he can’t recognize his own best friend AT ALL? Not even by his voice, by his body, or even BY HIS FACE?!?! Also, how the heck can’t Sandy, SANDY, out of all people, recognize him either? Isn’t she supposed to be a GENIUS?? WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH EVERYBODY??

Because he thinks nobody recognizes him, Spongebob decides to reform himself and call himself Spongebob “Roundpants”. Wonderful. And Spongebob Sq—I mean “Roundpants” applies for a job at the Krusty Krab, and apparently since he’s a new person, he feels that he has to not know anything about it. Spongebob fills out the application, and once he gets the job, Squidward decides to “advise” him in his duties. And get this, the next thing that happens is Squidward acts like a lazy jerk, Spongebob takes notes, and eventually, they BOTH act like lazy jerks; simply tossing garbage bags at the dumpster, acting rude to the customers, sleeping on the job, etc.

Mr. Krabs realizes what's going on, and he doesn't joke around when he sees SpongeBob acting like a lazy jerk. SpongeBob then tells Mr. Krabs that he can't be SpongeBob SquarePants again, as he has round pants. Then, SpongeBob takes off his pants, but Sandy calls SpongeBob "SpongeBob UnderPants", and the episode ends with SpongeBob screaming with embarrassment. THAT was what they called a special.

Now, I don’t necessarily hate this one. But I really don’t think it’s really good. I have similar feelings with this as I do with Sentimental Spongebob, though to a lesser extent. I honestly thought it was incredibly stupid for Patrick and Sandy not to recognize Spongebob, since he’s basically their best friend. The plot is actually rather dumb, and if they are going to make a plot like this, they should NOT have made this into a “special” episode. Also, Gary with a BUTT is just… WHY?? Other than those negative points, I did find some parts funny, and I liked that Spongebob and Squidward bonded a little.

Overall, I don’t think this episode is necessarily bad as a normal episode, but it certainly should not be called a special episode by any means whatsoever.

Hint for 15: Royal Furnishings

Sweat

Banished
To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants is an idiotic and dense excuse for a special. It is absolutely stupid and has no place on this earth.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
bbbb12.e10 said:
I just read that black jack was on this list and I guessed right.And as for the newest edition I say rule of dumb
Rule of Dumb is an honorable mention. The next episode involves royal furnishings.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
[SIZE=48pt]#15[/SIZE]

This episode is, hands down, easily the best episode on this list for me. I’m not joking. This episode is actually my favorite episode on this list, as well as one of my possible favorites overall! But many other people think otherwise. Why? Well, let’s see.

It begins with Squidward getting ready to watch one of his favorite shows, House Fancy, only to find that Squilliam is being featured on it. Squidward gets ticked off at this, because Squilliam spends about 3-4 minutes showing off his house, and many people seem to be bothered by this, which I don’t know why. Okay, maybe it IS somewhat filler when you spend almost half the episode showing off your house, but I honestly thought his house looked pretty cool! (I want that house)

Squidward gets mad, calls the House Fancy host, Nicholas Withers, and tells him that his own house is WAY fancier than Squilliam’s. This leads to Nicholas saying that he and the camera crew will be there in 2 hours, which gives him only 2 hours to prepare for the show.

Then apparently Spongebob gets involved. How?

[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] SpongeBob: I was spying on you. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] Squidward: Do you want me to get the cops down here again? Because... [looks at the time again, then sighs] All right, fine. But one slip up, and you are out of here. Comprendo? [SpongeBob is behind him] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]·[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt] SpongeBob: Mucho comprendo, Señor Habanero![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Squidward gives Spongebob some of the simplest jobs to do, so simple that even a person without a brain could do. But this proves to be a big mistake, as not only does Spongebob mess up the one thing he was supposed to do, he also causes THIS scene![/SIZE]

Okay, a lot of people hate this episode mainly because of that one scene. Okay, to be fair, I DID cringe upon seeing that, but that was when I was much younger and that was before I saw more disturbing things on the internet! And while the toenail accident is disgusting, I honestly don't think it's fair to judge an episode solely on that one scene. (and besides, it's not exactly as disturbing as watching Ren from Ren and Stimpy slowly and graphically pull the nerve endings out of his tooth with a tweezer) Now you may be asking, "why doesn't this change the episode for you, yet Pet or Pests or the Splinter does?" Well, the reason it doesn't make me hate the episode is because that right there is only 15 seconds long, and if you were to take it out and watch it again, you'd most likely realize that this episode isn't so bad (depending on your taste), whereas in The Splinter and Pet or Pests, the disturbingness factor extends to a full eleven minutes, making for an incredibly disgusting and hard-to-watch episode. What I'm saying is, the toenail accident, while bad, is not really a fair reason to hate the episode ENTIRELY, especially when it's only 15 seconds out of ELEVEN WHOLE MINUTES! (I'm actually surprised that people make a fuss over one 15 second scene, but not over 6-7 minutes of Squidward getting mauled viscously by a sea bear.) Heck, the scene doesn’t even bother me in the least nowadays!

Squidward lets Spongebob clean the floor with the vacuum cleaner, but he messes THAT up and it starts sucking up EVERYTHING in its way! It gets so full of stuff to the point where it EXPLODES and destroys the house! Oh boy, House Fancy isn’t gonna like this.

Oh wait! Yes it does! Nicholas stares in surprised at Squidward newly destroyed house, but then compliments it, seeing as a work of abstract art, and makes Squiddy the new king of fancy, leaving Squilliam to fall down in defeat!

I honestly think that this episode is better than people give credit for. This is actually the first time since Band Geeks where Squidward actually wins for once, and I honestly found the plot AND the jokes really good! I really find it unfair that people will judge an episode based off of one scene that doesn’t even last 30 seconds! And out of 11 minutes? Sheesh! I’m actually surprised that people hate the episode ALL for one 15 second scene, considering the fact that everything else in this episode is actually really good! And I also have to ask, how come an episode where the entire half of it revolves around Squidward getting mauled, ripped apart, mutilated, and morbidly rearranged is A-okay, yet an episode where Squidward gets his toenail ripped off for ONLY 15 seconds, even though he wins in the end is horrible? I don’t get it! I just don’t.

So in conclusion, despite the toenail accident, this episode is actually really good, and it gets much less credit than it truly deserves. =/

Since the next episode is a tie, I’ll divide the hints by Hint A and Hint B.
Hint A: Stuck in pavement
Hint B: Used to be employee

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
I LOVE HOUSE FANCY.

No seriously, House Fancy is the bomb. The toenail scene is gross, yeah, but honestly it doesn't even bother me that much, especially not now. It's kind of become a joke to me at this point, the way people react to it is hilarious. Anyway, I found House Fancy really funny, personally, and I liked the plot. Plus, Squilliam is in it. <3

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
House Fancy is a great episode. I mean, who really cares about the toenail scene and how nasty it is? Well, apparently 90% of the people who watch the show but I'm not apart of that. The scene is normal for me. Anyways, the episode was fun, nice to see Squilliam make an appearance and overall, it was nice :)

Back