Leedle's Ranking of Every Season 1 Episode Countdown

Leedles

Leedle
Okay, I rewatched Neptune's Spatula and I decided a new placement for it, along with a couple other episodes

Here are the current standings:

41. Squeaky Boots
40. Tea at the Treedome
39. Nature Pants
38. Ripped Pants
37. MuscleBob BuffPants
36. Help Wanted
35. Walking Small
34. Reef Blower
33. Neptune's Spatula

32. TBA

More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
Opposite Day is next.
Good guess, but nope.

I guess I was a teenage Gary!

I feel the same way about reef blower. (I like help wanted a bit more though)

Edit: ooh, someone already said that and you said no.

Fools in April?

Leedles

Leedle
It's Fools in April!

Fools_in_April.png

Yet another one of those episodes that I'm going on based solely off of memory. I remember this one as having some decent gags with Spongebob pulling off some funny yet stupid pranks. The plot is okay, but it took a while to get off. It, however, was a much better version of Little Yellow Book. Squidward actually feels remorse for his cruel prank. He starts feeling guilty and apologizes to him at the end, and Spongebob accepts it. This is actually a good message. However, after Squidward's prank, there wasn't much comedy, and the plot did take a while to finally get started, but other than that, it's a really good episode.

Hint for #31: The start of a long series.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
MuscleBob- Meh...
Help Wanted- Great
Neptune's Spatula- Good
Reef Blower- Eh… I wouldn't consider this a full episode due to the lack of voices and jokes…. but if I did count this- it would be a meh.
Fools in April- Decent

I guess MM/BB for the next one.

OMG tmw when Leedle, your man crush, makes this sexy list.

LeedleLeedleLeedleLee said:
You broke your streak a bit, but correct!

Walking_Small.jpg

Again, like Nature Pants, there isn't really much to say about it. The plot is mostly bland, and the only good joke is the "NOT INSERTIVE" joke. It's not as bland as Nature Pants, and it's mildly entertaining to watch Plankton try and teach Spongebob to become assertive, but again, the plot is pretty bland. All the plot is is Plankton trying to make the Chum Bucket popular and using Spongebob to do it. The plot almost sounds like an exact copy Plankton!, which I will get to later. Overall, it could have been much better.

Clue for #37: Musical number pushes it into fame.

You are correct!

Ripped_Pants.png

Again, this is another overrated Season 1 episode. The ripped pants gag got tired after a while, and it was never funny to begin with. This is often considered a classic episode, but I think it's only for the song number. After he takes it too far with the joke, they continue on with a great song placed in an overall mediocre episode. The song is one of the best songs in SB history, and it's absolutely catchy and actually a nice sing-a-long song. However, that's the only good part. The rest of the episode is pretty bad. I feel that it could be used as a minor gag in one episode, but base a whole episode off of it? Oh, no way.

Hint for #36: Picking up Mr. Krabs' house.

The Chaperone is in my top 5.
:O

Yeah my crush with you is over. I do not like you anymore, you are grounded grounded grounded for 09-239-523900 years

It's Fools in April!

Fools_in_April.png

Yet another one of those episodes that I'm going on based solely off of memory. I remember this one as having some decent gags with Spongebob pulling off some funny yet stupid pranks. The plot is okay, but it took a while to get off. It, however, was a much better version of Little Yellow Book. Squidward actually feels remorse for his cruel prank. He starts feeling guilty and apologizes to him at the end, and Spongebob accepts it. This is actually a good message. However, after Squidward's prank, there wasn't much comedy, and the plot did take a while to finally get started, but other than that, it's a really good episode.

Hint for #31: The start of a long series.
tumblr_inline_mwyd8mh9L41qa2sc1.gif

SLAP.gif

0/10 I bawled

Leedles

Leedle
Correct!

Mermaid_Man_and_Barnacle_Boy.jpg

Again, another episode going solely off of memory (there are a lot more than I thought). This is a decent to good episode that I find to be quite entertaining. It wasn't as funny as III or V, and maybe even VI, but it's still a good episode that has some funny gags (doughnuts!). The plot was okay. I, however, didn't like the joke about Mermaid Man overreacting to the world "evil." It carried on for too long, and it got annoying after a while. Other than that, this is an overall solid episode with an okay plot, decent jokes and gags, and some fun entertaining moments. Also worth noting: This is probably my shortest review so far.

Hint for #30: Jingle bells....

hfjs

I wanna say the next episode is Jellyfishing....

DankeToYou

DO I NOT LOOK HAPPY TO YOU
WHY IS JELLYFISHING NOT REVEALED YET!!!
I guess 30 is boating school
35: I loved this one!
34: I'd probably put this in a similar spot
33: Same as 34.
32: I loved this one, in my top 10 for season 1.
31: Meh.

DankeToYou

DO I NOT LOOK HAPPY TO YOU
It's not Boating School.

Also, about Jellyfishing, it'll come up soon. I found it to be good.
Well, i hated jellyfishing, but we have our opinions.
is 30 MM and BB 2?

Leedles

Leedle
Big Meaty Claws said:
MM/BB 2

personally I don't like MM/BB 2. MM/BB one is great tho :D
Correct!

Mermaid_Man_and_Barnacle_Boy_II.png

In the first season, the MM/BB series wasn't very good. It peaked with III, IV, V, and yes, I even really like VI. Not counting later episodes like Shuffleboarding and Mermaidman Begins (although that was kinda good), this is the second weakest of the series. However, it's still a funny episode with a fine plot. My favorite gag has to be everyone on the Invisible Boatmobile singing their own version of Jingle Bells (where I got my hint from). I also thought it was funny when Spongebob "got the doughnuts" and MM/BB fell of the building. However, the plot was all over the place, and the climax, in my opinion, was anti-climatic. However, other than a few flaws, it's still a quite solid episode.

Hint for #29: Merry Christmas! (okay, I gave this one away)

Back