Leedle's Ranking of Every Season 1 Episode Countdown

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Ripped Pants has become increasingly less popular due to people realizing that the only reason the episode is good is because of the song. The song will always be by far the best part of the episode, and it includes a good moral. The only other part that can really be considered funny is SB failing to pick up the marshmallow stick :P The rest is kind of just SB's ripped pants joke which was never funny anyways :/ Nostalgia and the song keeps me to like RP, but without nostalgia and the song it sort of falls flat.

Now your trying to trick us lol :P I have no idea what these are… but my guess is The Chaperone.

You are correct!

Ripped_Pants.png

Again, this is another overrated Season 1 episode. The ripped pants gag got tired after a while, and it was never funny to begin with. This is often considered a classic episode, but I think it's only for the song number. After he takes it too far with the joke, they continue on with a great song placed in an overall mediocre episode. The song is one of the best songs in SB history, and it's absolutely catchy and actually a nice sing-a-long song. However, that's the only good part. The rest of the episode is pretty bad. I feel that it could be used as a minor gag in one episode, but base a whole episode off of it? Oh, no way.

Hint for #36: Picking up Mr. Krabs' house.

It feels refreshing that someone else thinks this episode is overrated. I don't mind it, it's good, but totally overrated.

The Chaperone or Arrgh!

DankeToYou

DO I NOT LOOK HAPPY TO YOU
36 is teh chaperone
41: I like this one, tbh
40: I loved this one!
39: I hate this one, actually.
38: WHAT? THIS IS MY 4TH FAVORITE SEASON 1 EPISODE! HOW COULD YOU LIKE JELLYFISHING MORE?
37: I could understand why you have it here, but i loved this one!

Leedles

Leedle
Okay, two more hints:

Remember that Mr. Krabs' house is an anchor. However, he never appears in the actual episode.

No more hints!

Also, just a small spoiler (okay maybe a big one)...

DO NOT READ IF YOU WANT THIS LIST A COMPLETE SURPRISE.

The Chaperone is in my top 5.

DankeToYou

DO I NOT LOOK HAPPY TO YOU
Well there was an anchor in jellyfish jam and musclebob buffpants, he didn't appear in either, so, MBBP or Jellyfish Jam

Leedles

Leedle
Big Spooky Claws got it, as BobSponge said an either choice. I'll type the full review when I get home, as I'm on my phone driving back from my football game (we won! :D).

Ok, here we go!

MuscleBob_BuffPants.jpg

This episode's main highlight was the anchor tossing competition when the referee keeps getting hit by the anchors. In my opinion, that was slapstick at its funniest. However, most of the episode was actually quite bland. The plot is interesting, but they never really brought it to full potential. Also, in the beginning when Sandy was training Spongebob, I felt it would be better if the freaking ARM CRUNCHER didn't show up. Seriously, that just proved that she was trying to hurt Spongebob. I understand sit ups, pushups, and all of those calisthenics, but not a freaking ARM CRUNCHER! Overall, the plot was bland and mostly not funny, but the anchor scene makes up for a lot of it.

Hint for #35: I'm ready, I'm ready.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
I'm gonna say the next episode is "Help Wanted".. after all, it is the first time we hear out yellow absorbent friend say the line. :)

Leedles

Leedle
Yep, it's Help Wanted!

Help_Wanted.png

We're starting to get into the episodes that are actually good. In my opinion, this is the worst "good episode" in Season 1. I mean, I can kinda overlook it, as its the pilot and its when they were just testing the waters, but I still think it's only just okay. There were two gold comedy moments: When Spongebob tripped on a nail and bounced all over the Krusty Krab and when the anchovies were attacking the Krusty Krab. Those moments were absolutely hilarious. However, the plot never really took off in a great way, and it wasn't as entertaining as it thought it was. It's overlooked in my opinion though, as it is the pilot. Don't worry. We're getting into some better episodes now.

Hint for #34: Spatula in the stone (okay, I gave this away :))

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
I would have put Help Wanted a little higher on my list, but that's why it's your opinion, not mine. :P

The next one is Neptune's Spatula. Pretty easy guess. XD

Leedles

Leedle
Well duh!

(images aren't working for me, but it's Neptune's Spatula)

This is another one of those episodes where I'll be writing this review entirely off of memory. Basically, I do remember some pretty funny jokes (Neptune accidentally going to the naked guy) and the plot was decent. However, the jokes weren't satisfying enough and the plot wasn't outstanding. It was pretty decent, but Neptune was a ::dolphin noise:: asshole, so I honestly just wanted him to die (even though he's immortal). I mean, I loved his patties sucked in the end, but he still was an asshole. However, the competition was entertaining. Yeah, I'm conflicted. There are good parts, and there's bad parts. But it was still a fine episode.

Hint for #33: Silent night.

Leedles

Leedle
imrustyokay said:
I guess Reef Blower. It has no voices! Like a Silent Film!

CORRECT! It is Reef Blower.

Reef_Blower.jpg

This is going to be one of my shortest reviews, as this is only 2 minutes long. The antics with the reef blower were pretty entertaining, and were the highlight of the episode. However, I felt if they added sound (I know their sound equipment was broken, but come on!), they could've had some great one-liners and funny dialogue. If they made it longer too, it would be great. It's a fine episode for what it is, but it's not standout or spectacular. However, it is my favorite of the pilot episodes (the others being Help Wanted and Tea at the Treedome). Also, I used to think this was the first episode ever made when I had the Season 1 boxed set and Help Wanted never showed up. In fact, I never knew Help Wanted EXISTED until I looked it up.

Hint for #32: One of the worst episodes ever (or is it?).

Okay, this is going to be a really hard hint, but just think long and hard.

Back