• Moviebob

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 24 18.0%

• Total voters

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
I agree, specially the last episodes of Season 2 felt very different than Season 1 like it was a different show

Somewhere around the Virus is when Gumball started to feel different, same with Butt Dial with Regular Show. For Adventure Time, the transition was so gradual that there was no pivotal episode that marked the change.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
A couple of pics from a newer episode of FOP. Most of the newer episodes didn't look this bad, but there were moments like this where things looked kinda off. This is one of the worst examples of it. Look at Vicky's pupils. And the other background characters look off too here. A lot of their sizes are also off. I'm guessing Nick kept lowering FOP's budget as time went on. This was shortly before it switched to Flash animation.

BirthdayBattle00074.png

BirthdayBattle00075.png

Last edited:

Yoshi

Giant Clam
A couple of pics from a newer episode of FOP. Most of the newer episodes didn't look this bad, but there were moments like this where things looked kinda off. This is one of the worst examples of it. Look at Vicky's pupils. And the other background characters look off too here. A lot of their sizes are also off. I'm guessing Nick kept lowering FOP's budget as time went on. This was shortly before it switched to Flash animation.

View attachment 15694

View attachment 15695
Vicky's cross-eyed in the first picture. The derp-face Belle of 2016.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish

View attachment 15694

View attachment 15695

You’re right, the animation in Fairly OddParents got progressively more rigid. Even before the switch to flash. It was most noticeable when the show was in HD. But why did they switch to flash when the show only had 10 episodes left? I think SpongeBob is currently the only animated franchise (and potentially the last) on Nick that’s traditionally animated.

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Next up, 2023. Then the show will go on a 9-year hiatus in 2030.

2013 and 2023 had episodes airing, but the show wasn’t in production during those years.

EDIT: @Original Raw and Uncut is tired of CGI. So am I, in fact, if I created a show, just suggesting CGI would get you fired

CGI is even worse than flash. I never liked 3D animation. I only like 3D animation for games. TV is meant to have 2D animation in my opinion.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
You’re right, the animation in Fairly OddParents got progressively more rigid. Even before the switch to flash. It was most noticeable when the show was in HD. But why did they switch to flash when the show only had 10 episodes left? I think SpongeBob is currently the only animated franchise (and potentially the last) on Nick that’s traditionally animated.
True. I guess they switched to Flash with the possibility of continuing the show longer than that. And Butch Hartman's other show at the time, Bunsen is a Beast, was also animated in Flash, so maybe that played a part in it too.

Yeah I think SB is the last one on Nick currently animated traditionally.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Why does the SpongeBob SquarePants Movie have a couple of scenes where SpongeBob is brighter than the show?
ezgif-4-c00dffc290.png
Mr. Krabs looks weird too!
ezgif-4-7a9a7360ec.png
Squidward is like the only character whos normal in this matter at least
ezgif-4-8893fc4f13.png

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
For me...
S1
Oldest: Help Wanted
Newest: None of them
S2