Roadie's Top 15 SpongeBob Moments : Season One

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
And in this series I'll rank the top 15 moments from each season. Got it? Good.

Married
12.JPG
"Listen up, you villains. I wanna eat my meatloaf. If you don't get out of here, then by the power invested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife."
Why? First off, it's an incredible funny line. It came from absolutely nowhere, it was delivered perfectly, and it had me rolling on the floor as a kid, and as an adult. It was very random, but also very cleverly thought out. Second, it encapsulates Mermaid Man perfectly and what the episode is trying to convey. SpongeBob's almighty hero is now an old, confused man with probable dementia.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Good moment, but it didn't make laugh my kid self as much as that face Patrick makes later in the episode (some people should know which one :shifty:)

PinkPearl

insert title here
That's a really underrated moment, and one that didn't really make me laugh that much when I was young. But your reasoning is spot on and fully deserves a spot on the list.

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
Followed! The "married" line is pretty funny. Especially this exchange:
Patrick: Did you finally reunite our heroes?
SpongeBob: No, but I'm married.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Paper Towns

13.JPG

"Does anybody have any sunscreen?"

Episode? The Paper (16.b)
What's The Moment? Squidward trades everything he has for a piece of paper that SpongeBob has been having a ball with out of jealousy. Only to find out that what makes the paper work is not the paper itself.
Why? This moment speaks from a lot of level. First off, it's quite a funny moment. Not necessarily 'rolling-on-the-floor' funny, but it's pretty amusing. Second, it tells the message that the grass is not always greener on the other side. He traded literally everything he has just for something he's not even sure about. It all depends on how we see and use the grass that makes it greener. Finally, it absolutely encapsulates the difference between SpongeBob and Squidward. Where one character can have fun and joy with literally anything given to him. As Carowlyn Lawrence said in the Square Roots documentary, "It's not the paper, Squidward!"

PinkPearl

insert title here
I like the thought you've put into these so far. This was a great moment; I wish the episode itself was more appreciated.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Dream is Collapsing

90s-kids-child-dream-funny-Favim.com-1129804.jpg

"Shoot! That was my last quarter..."

Episode? Sleepy Time (15.a)
What's The Moment? SpongeBob enters Patrick's dream to show off his magical skill sets. Only to be ignored.
Why? It's yet another hilariously fitting, character-defining moment. Patrick's dream lacks so much imagination and thought, especially compared to the others. It also shows the idea that, while others dream of what they love doing and what they're passionate about (for Squidward it's clarinets, extreme sports for Sandy, sailor/navy stuff for Krabs, destroying the Krusty Krab for Plankton) Patrick literally has nothing, and, I don't know why, but makes me feel kinda sad. SpongeBob getting ignored and showing his frustration is the absolute icing on the cake. I feel him, though. I would literally flip if I'm granted the ability to enter my best friend's dream, his thoughts during the hours of unconsciousness, and it turns out it has absolutely nothing in it. Just him riding a kiddy ride, doing nothing. It's both surreal and stupid.

Though, fear not, those who are fans of nothingness and surreality. There's another moment in season 1 that has both of those aspects in it. Though, it's gonna take a while until it shows up on this list. A pretty long while.

Great choice, my lad. What I loved about Patrick's dream is it seems exactly like what a viewer would expect him to dream about, which is kind of what you said. Just him lazily riding on a seahorsey with a blank expression on his face.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
The F.U.N. Song

Spongebob_fun.jpg

"U is for Uranium! Bomb!"

Episode? F.U.N. (10.b)
What's The Moment? SpongeBob explains the meaning of fun to Plankton, with the medium of music.
Why? Too low? Yeah, well, I was a little conflicted myself. It was either this moment, or a similar moment from an earlier episode (I'm trying to hide it but I'm pretty sure you know what it is). I decided to put this moment in 12th and that other similar moment from an earlier episode higher on the list (just a little higher). Why? Couple of reasons. Firstly, while the other moment was the ultimate peak and the saving grace of a mediocre episode, F.U.N. itself was a great episode without this moment. It's merely a cherry on top of a wonderful cake. What really sold the episode is the story, and how it tells a moral that not many shows at that time would tell: sometimes, bad people are just bad people regardless of whatever you try to do to make them good. It's also a worse song, in my opinion, than that other one. Nevertheless, it's still a very memorable song that just cheers up the little kid inside all of us. It's fluffy, not much substance, but fluffy enough to keep me happy for at least a minute.

Also, I forgot to mention it, but this list has a rule: ONE MOMENT PER EPISODE.

More

VIP
Be true to yourself

Don't miss your chance

And you won't end up like the--SHUT UP!!!

Back