Roadie's Top 15 SpongeBob Moments : Season One

PinkPearl

insert title here
The F.U.N. song is an excellent moment, and one of the reasons why I enjoy the episode so much. It's just happy, and you kind of want to believe than Plankton has changed.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Let it Swim

fx6nbqZ.png

"We serve food here, sir."

Episode? Pickles (6.b)
What's The Moment? Bubble Bass orders a complicated dish. Squidward replies. Perfectly.
Why? First moment on this list with no emotional vigor/theoretical concepts behind it. It's just hilarious. A stinging bit of sarcasm from the octopus himself. Only he can pull off a line that sarcastic and make it sound as funny as it was. He really does represent the deepest feelings of people working behind roles of servitude. The more I watch this moment, the more I love Squidward. And now, /co/'s explanation over the order itself...
yAiM4Zx.jpg

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Laboradory

This+is+my+lab_2eb2dd_5298362.png

"...and this... is my LAB!"

Episode? Plankton! (3.b)
What's The Moment? Plankton introduces SpongeBob to his lab, and his lab.
Why? Again, not much to say about this one because it really is just an incredibly funny line. Perfectly timed, perfectly surprising, ridiculously clever, original, etc, etc. Just brilliant. Sorry if this review is short.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
Ripped Pants

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQoSGs9BIP0​

"Be true to yourself, don't miss your chance..."

Episode? Ripped Pants (2.b)
What's The Moment? Sandy walks out on SpongeBob, so he sings a song about it.
Why? There's a couple of reasons why I put this higher up than F.U.N. First off, it's a better song. I like the voice of whoever's singing it (when I was a kid, I thought that was SpongeBob's actual voice when he's not being 'cute'), I love the smooth melody, the whole thing just sounds really comfy. F.U.N. was good, but it was also kind of goofy. Second, I don't think the F.U.N. song defined it's episode as much as Ripped Pants did. F.U.N. was a great episode without the song itself, whilst Ripped Pants was sorta mediocre until the song saved it's butt. So overall, it's just a better song, in my opinion.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
I really like the song, but it isn't a #9 ffor me. I'd put it #13.

SpongeRoadie UK

Vomit Boy
The Jellyfish Jam

EIhsaj2.jpg

"Wild animals can throw very wild parties..."

Episode? Jellyfish Jam (7.b)
What's The Moment? SpongeBob tries to calm down a group of angry jellyfishes.
Why? Probably the most overrated SpongeBob moment of all time, which is what happened before this moment. The actual Jellyfish Jam with SpongeBob dancing with one jellyfish to stadium rave A. Not that it's a bad moment, I just think it's growing stale as time passes. It's like biker jackets and sun glasses, they're still cool, but they're not as cool as they were back in the late 90's and early 00's. This moment though, the ending to the episode, is absolutely timeless. It's sweet, far better music, far more creative with all the different instruments/sea animals, and it encapsulates SpongeBob as the man who can make anything fun. Having fun with one jellyfish for 12 hours is cool and all, but orchestrating a group of sea animals and turning them into a sweet music group to control thousands of angry jellyfishes is much cooler.

Back