New character posters

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Looks like the American posters have American landmarks and the international versions have mostly European landmarks.

Here are the German posters:
8WK7ZjT.jpg

YxjD8Vz.jpg

2C6luCw.jpg

DIib6X3.jpg

baQROiT.jpg

Super-Sponge (well... whatever... it could've been better..)
Plank-Titan (gee, that one was hard to translate :p - this is probably my fave, as it seems pretty cool.. though they could've used "Plank-Tonne", which would've been a literal translation, but doesn't sound very cool in German.)
False-Tone-Hitter (bite me... seriously, stupid.... "Sour Note" is cool, the other is taking the wind out of his sails... Of course, there isn't a translation that'd hit the pun, but one would think they'd be able to come up with something a little more clever than that.. or just use the English name...)
Ice cream Magnet

I like the mock ups more than the actual posters, but the actual posters are good too. I think Patrick and the leaning tower of Pisa is more clever than the Patrick and the leaning Statue of Liberty, though. The Sour Note and Mt. Rushmore is funny to me.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I get the impression that the seagulls are Burger-Beard's cronies and not just regular seagulls. Instead of a parrot he has seagulls that are apparently intelligent enough to use a spyglass.

Supmandude

Squog
Maybe the Japanese posters will feature 2D drawings, since CG isn't as popular over there. They did get a trailer with more 2D animation than us so, I think it's possible.

✰ Cha said:
I hope some people make unofficial 2-D posters or even a poster of the sponge-vengers in 2-D like those t-shirts. (That I still hope are able to purchase.)
There are two official concept posters that never got used by Roberryan Cory.

11th

Moby Dollar
Doowopasaurus said:
The thing about Sandy is that the poster would have to say "Sandy as Sandy".
Is it bad that I would find that hilarious and perfect? Now I want a poster like that. ):

But in all seriousness, she might not have one be because her superhero form isn't immediately recognizable as Sandy, unlike the others. SpongeBob still looks like SpongeBob, Patrick like Patrick, and so on. The only way she might get a decent shot in the 3D posters is if they used her normal model, which I kinda' doubt will happen given the advertisement of the film thus far.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Of course, leaving the only girl character out would be a bad move, since SB is targeted at all audiences. Whether they want to or not, they'll have to use Sandy, I think. Leaving her out would be a very stupid move. Of course, what they should do and what they will do are two different things, but it'd be very stupid of them not to include her.

Of course, I should probably learn to keep my mouth shut..

Supmandude

Squog
Even if she doesn't have a superhero name, having it say "Sandy as... Sandy" might be funny. I think they should do it.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Supmandude said:
Even if she doesn't have a superhero name, having it say "Sandy as... Sandy" might be funny. I think they should do it.
I wasn't bothered about her not having a poster to begin with but now that even Burger-Beard has one I feel like she should have been included to make the set more complete.

The Drifter

Some person.
I wondered what would be the mainstream reaction to Sandy's design. Personally I find her superhero design to be... uninteresting. Other character have some interesting design with funny gimmicks, while she's just a giant realistic squirrel. It feels like she's just there to be the token female in the team.

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
These are all pretty cool. I like Squidward's the best, and Plankton's. And yeah, I agree that Sandy should get one as well especially considering Burger Beard has one.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Old Man Leeroy Jenkins said:
That tie looks like it could be an American flag tie. If you look closely, you can see red and white colors on the tie.

Also, SpongeBob looks like he's about to barf in this poster.
I think that's how he makes bubbles come out of the wand - by holding his breath and blowing - but it just looks stupid here.

Bleh. These landmark posters were a bad idea. So far I think the marketing campaign is unexciting and vaguely embarrassing. It's the behind-the-scenes stuff that's keeping my interest up.

Back