milkmaidman said:
Krabby Land is a reasonable guess
#73 :
300px-Krabby_Land.jpg

Episode name : “Krabby Land”

Episode number : 57a

Season : 03

Comments
As an avid watcher of the show. Before this episode came out, I see Mr. Krabs as the kind of boss that guides you through the job as a father figure. He protects you, gives you advices and lets you date his daughter for the High School prom. But another thing that Krabs has in his outlet is his greediness. In earlier episodes, Krabs is seen as a person who values money to an extreme extent. But over the course of the series, he's been a bit flanderized by time. As he turns into a person that does 'just-for-a-cent' legitimate crimes.

I have a distant feeling that this episode is the missing link to Krabs' flanderized evolution.

The episode starts with SpongeBob realising that today is indeed the first day of summer. Yes it is. So he arrived at work with a flower outfit. Literally. Krabs, being a businessman for quite a while, knows how to get the best out of summer. He then manipulates SpongeBob into thinking that what will be a devious greedy plan, is actually just a heart-warming summer profit tale. In fact, it got wrong. Krabs lost the profit battle to a playground. A quite creative plot device, if I have to say. The playground gave Krabs an idea. To make a disneyland rip-off that sucked. I mean why waste time and money to make a great playground? It's all about the money. But the kids weren't that dumb. They did got bribed by the potential coming of a 'great clown' or such, but they knew SB isn't the man for the job. Thus, came one of the funniest scenes in SB history.

Struggling to appeal, SB desperately tried to impress them by blowing bubbles. But after a chorus of boos, SpongeBob spilled his bubbles, hurts his eyes and slammed towards the so called play ground. And that, amuses the kids. So, he generously sacrifices himself for the kids. This is why I like SB back then. He'd do anything for anyone. That is how nice he used to be. And it gave birth to one of the funniest parts in the series. SpongeBob's sacrifice equals a couple of advertant injuries. It was generous and hilarious. Krabs' fake clown meanwhile 'arrived', and another very funny scene burst out. It turns out Krabs was Krabby the clown, and the show lasted 5 seconds and ends in a simultaneous gape. It was cruel, but hilarious.

But the best part is the end. Krabs' evil acts were punished heavily as the ripped-off kids screw him up. Tied him to a stripper pole and ask the big guy to torture him. It was truly a victory for the generous and the innocent. Truly a heart-warming sight added with a little touch of hilarity. It lost points because I think, as far as I can remember, this was the second stingiest Krabs act before the movie. And he didn't even learn by regrets. But all in all, it was a hilarious, fair episode. Well, that's all for today. Apparently the Friday schedule was quickened. But yeah, this has been Roadie. Hope you enjoy the small review, and the clue for the next episode is : "Aurelia". See you soon :goof:

180px-KrabbyLand.jpg

Best Moment : Every single time SB got tortured

Best Character : SpongeBob

Best Quote : "The way you drove the boat while lying on the ground was kinda cool." -SpongeBob-

Au-what?

Anyways, yeah good spot for KL.

Can I look up Aurelia? I know you'll say no, but I did so

Patrick Smartpants

Aurelia is a type of jellyfish, so I'm guessing Jellyfishing.

Oh my god I didn't read the entire Aurelia definiton yup it's Jellyfishing I don't like that episode

#72 :
300px-Jellyfishing.jpg

Episode name : “Jellyfishing”

Episode number : 3a

Season : 01

Comments
Now, I now this has nothing to do with reviewing this episode but it has something of an analogy (or a revealance). Help Wanted is not on this list. That's right. The pilot episode that is in everyone's heart is not on the list. Even though I love it with all my heart that I would let it pet me, I want this list to see the technical terms, and in basics, Help Wanted isn't good enough. It is genuinely a pilot in which shows that shows can not evolved by night. The dialogue was all over the place, the humour were rushed and the 2 things that makes it memorable is the fact that it's the pilot and the song. Which is generally a kid-friendly lyric affair. Help Wanted is like taking your friend, who is a girl that you never fancied, to the prom.

You don't want her to be your loving girlfriend, but you'll always remember her for a special occasion.

Jellyfishing was different. It is an official pilot advert to a sport I'll never get to play but it vaguely shows how developed the show has gone. The plot is brilliant. For one, the writers took advantage of the set (underwater) to make a sport in which nobody could copy. Furthermore, the execution was near-flawless. In Help Wanted, we see a rushed dialogue filled in with almost straight shoe-horned humour. This episode shows progress. The story is structured. Slower in tempo. The great moments bricked the episode. The humour is the single outlet that carries the plot. The writers avoided the mistake of focusing solely on the plot they forgot about spilling jokes. So it never sunk into disarray before being shamelessly shoe-horned as it appeared in a sudden, unfunny nature (I'm looking at you To Love A Patty).

Best moments in this episode is often conceded to be one of th better moments of the whole series. Firmly grasp it! was a stroke of writing genius. It was a scene of utter hilarity. Truly gut wrenching in terms of laughter. Let's not forget the explotion. Also a sign that the show has grown up in bits. So, in many ways, it's almost flawless. The execution proved that the show had gone through puberty well enough, and the plot shows potential for the rest to come.

But again, I have to compare it with HW. This episode doesn't look cheerful. You know what I mean? It's pretty clogged by many kinda hardcore events. Squidward getting tortured for the first time in the whole series, is an example of how this episode is not really the happiest looking. I'm not gonna call on "Squid abuse" though, as it was Squid's sarcasm that gave him the pie of death. The ending for one is just hard stuff. First we see the 2 beelzebubs flailing around after getting hurt. Then, we see Squidward in a life supporting equipments. Afterwards, Squid unleashed a jellyfish that zapped his two neighbors mercilessly. At the very end Squidward himself got a sudden, almost unneccesary, visit from the giant jellyfish. And guess what? Yep. He got stung.

So you see, the reason why I used Help Wanted as a method to review this episode is because IMO it's 2 very polar opposites. Help Wanted wasn't technically great. It was an episode that shows potential without even being close from simple perfection. Help Wanted's outlet is filled with many cheerful moments. SB's banter with Patrick and of course the song. This episode goes darker in the humour. Showing what SpongeBob is as a cartoon. It could entertain any audience with dark, torture-ful humour.

This episode shows SB's humour versatility for the very first time. It's not a child show, it's a family show. Anyone can be entertain because it shows almost every single way of humour.

So, yeah.That's about it for now. I have to admit, this review is kinda shoddy since I was feeling sick for the whole week. But anyway, I hope that you guys can forgive me for this (what in my standards is) downer. Next episode will have the clue : "Hairdryer treatment". See you then. Bye. :rofl2:

Jellyfishingbandage.jpg

Best Moment : FIRMLY GRASP IT!!!

Best Character : Silent Squiddy

Best Quote : "Yup. He's still mad." -Patrick-

Deeaugh, I hate Jellyfishing but respect your opinions.

I would guess The Sponge Who Could Fly, but that's already down. No Weenies Allowed?

Okay, I'll make it easier. "Hairdryer treatment" is a sport term that says "The coach is gonna be mad!"

I've learned to like Jellyfishing a little more, because it shows SpongeBob and Patrick's interests a little more, but in all seriousness, it's gotta have more Squidward torture than any other pre-movie episode. Heck, even The Camping Episode and Club SpongeBob. :P

#71 :
300px-The_Great_Snail_Race.jpg

Episode name : “The Great Snail Race”

Episode number : 55a

Season : 03

Comments
This episode, like Pressure, is guilty for flanderizing SpongeBob's competitiveness. But in my opinion, it did it better. Pressure gets old because it's really just a banter episode. This episode is indeed action-packed. The action it self brought it reasonably high on my list. As does, however, it has some flaws.

The episode has a very strong story to begin with. SpongeBob enters Gary into a snail racing competition to showcase Gary's "uncharted racing talent" infornt of Squidward's purebreed snail. Which sounded a lot like one of those stereotypical underdog movie lodge. However, as the story flows, it is nothing like an 'underdog always win' type of stories. It is merely a silly caroon where many silly yet exciting things happened in the main act. Gary had a blow out and the winner is the most unlikliest of all opponents. It's cartoon execution magic at it's best.

The story starts with Squiddy's purebreed snail arriving. The part was sprinkled with a gag in which everyone miss-spelled Squidward's last name. It was a great gag considering it hadn't been done before and that Squidward's last name is pretty simple. Tentacles. It wouldn't be that funny if Squid's last name was "Blaszczykowski" or other Polish last names. Afterwards, Squidward became mad with arrogance. His smug behavior and evil understatements towards Gary lured SpongeBob to challenge him. It's very rare to see SB succumbing to Squidward's mind games. It's supposed to be the other way around. So SpongeBob did entered Gary and structured a very tight training schedule that Gary follows every second (LITERALLY). While Squidward continues to mock SB's snail. Alongside, Patrick entered the race with a rock he mistaken for a snail. Another quite hilarious gag.

The second part of the episode features the race and some more really good gags and flawless executions. The ceremony began with the first winner of the competition torching the giant competition torch. Which the writers opportunisticly use as yet another gag. The best of them all. It took Larry 2 hours and a couple of minutes to light the torch. The commentator desperately tried to keep the occasion alive, the crowd was bored, the band was dying and I was laughing my bottom off. The race began with Gary in terrible fitness. SpongeBob being oblivious to that fact gives Gary the hairdryer treatment. Which worked. Sort of. The action kicks in as Gary suddenly fell apart as fast as the new Peugeot you just bought. He then crashes into a wall barrier creating a heart-felt yet hilarious moment when SpongeBob ran across the track to help the literally helpless yet sarcastic Gary "Derek Redmond" The Snail.

After all that actions, the writers decided they would entertain us some more. A twist enacts as Snellie turns back to end the race in a romantic fashion. Gary, now fully erect, rushes towards Snellie to fell in love. That's not all. Apparently Patrick's rock won it. I don't know how. But it's just another masterclass twist from the writers. So in the end, Patrcik donates the trophy to Squidward TORTELLINI?!! And the all laugh at the moment before Sandy showed up and punishes SB for using sexist jokes to motivate Gary.

And now the faults.

As you can see, it was a good episode. The fact is, it would be a lot better if it weren't for the characters. SpongeBob was completely out of character. Yes, I know the writers are taking him out of character to adapt him for the story, but they flanderize it. I felt genuinely sorry for Gary. I remember those days when my coach pushed me too hard. It was horrible. Squidward was just ... uggghh ... I couldn't find the perfect word. Arrogant? Smugness? Irritating? Those are light compared to how Squiddy's flanderized ego lost this episode a couple of points.

Characters are the essential part to an episode. The character issue in this episode dropped it points. Some people watch the show because SB is the "cutest things" or so I'm told, so they're very important to an episode's success. For example, I don't watch the movie "Ella Enchanted" because it was a good movie as it was average. I watch it because Anne Hathaway is the prettiest actress in the world. Characters are important and this episode fails to compress. They flanderize the character so they could adapt for the story. But apart from that, it's eh-okay.

So yeah, that's it for today. Let's hope that I can see you again. I will welcome any critics about me or my list. As long as you don't flame. If you think that I'm being too critical or anything, just tell. Anyway, clue for the next episode is : Stereotypical Sponge resolver. See you then. :ssj:

snaila.jpg

Best Moment : "So-called-lightning" Larry Luciano

Best Character : Patrick

Best Quote : "TORTELLINI?!?!" -Squidward-

Back