• Moviebob

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 24 18.0%

• Total voters

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
SpongeBob Meets the Strangler switches from cubebob to sailorbob:

1701398818095.png

1701398564381.png

All normal animation is the same because the strangler looks the same in both the cube and sailor half of the episode. If the episode were markerbob, he would've looked entirely different. I never noticed this when I was little, I just knew it was all normal animation.

Writengran51

Floating Shopping List
SpongeBob Meets the Strangler switches from cubebob to sailorbob:

View attachment 20134

View attachment 20133

All normal animation is the same because the strangler looks the same in both the cube and sailor half of the episode. If the episode were markerbob, he would've looked entirely different. I never noticed this when I was little, I just knew it was all normal animation.
Markerbob sometimes has moments where you can tell what art style it would be if it was normal animation
Screenshot_20231130-225342_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231130-225348_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231130-225352_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Markerbob sometimes has moments where you can tell what art style it would be if it was normal animation
View attachment 20135
View attachment 20136
View attachment 20137

The markerbob episodes were definitely done by a separate unit at Rough Draft. I think the style of normal animation depended on who did the rough copies or something, it just blurs together so often. This could explain why normal animation switches styles in the middle of the episode, while markerbob always remains markerbob for the entire episode. Background or secondary characters also look the same regardless of the style in normal animation. Everyone looks different in markerbob episodes though.

Writengran51

Floating Shopping List
The markerbob episodes were definitely done by a separate unit at Rough Draft. I think the style of normal animation depended on who did the rough copies or something, it just blurs together so often. This could explain why normal animation switches styles in the middle of the episode, while markerbob always remains markerbob for the entire episode. Background or secondary characters also look the same regardless of the style in normal animation. Everyone looks different in markerbob episodes though.
I wonder why the markerbob animators decided to draw the characters on-model

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
I'm surprised Spongebob (Technically Patrick Star Show) only now just decided to make a throwback to cel-animation, most long-running shows have an episode where they go back to Season 1.

SpongeGirlGrace

Imitation Krab
i markerbob was some secret cult within rough draft studios where the normal animators were too scared of going near, thats why never mix

Last edited:

Original Raw and Uncut

Two-Headed Starfish
Season 14 looks fine to me so far, even though the art style changes are barely noticeable nowadays.

What year does season 14 look to you? To me it looks 2017. Every episode since late season 10/early season 11 looks 2017 to me. Because technology isn’t progressing as quickly as it used to, most animated shows nowadays don’t look any newer than the late 2010s.

Back