• Moviebob

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Modern SpongeBob Animation

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Cheekbob (season 6 version)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Noodlebob knock-off (Season 4-5)

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 2004 produced early season 4 (season 3 lookalikes)

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Greenblattbob (Dying for Pie and Fear of a Krabby Patty)

Votes: 24 18.0%

• Total voters

itznoah

Imitation Krab
I like Greenblattbob just bc that's also the Chowder art style
I noticed greenblatt's style seems to be more exaggerated and expressive in FoaKP, a precursor of the style he'd use in chowder.

also something that boggles my mind: why didn't greenblatt work on the first film?

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
aight so im new to this thread but uh

imma start things off with a moviebob study

View attachment 19775

for some reason i seem to be fascinated with moviebob, particularly its use in early season 4. you can obviously tell the crew is experimenting here, hence why the style tends to shift alot in the 2004 produced episodes. shell of a man in particular has what i like to call 'style schizophrenia', as spongebob goes back and forth between his pre-movie and movie design seemingly at random. have you seen this snail seems to be a bit more consistent though, as the change in style happens roughly midway through.
MovieBob is in this commercial if you haven't seen it, it appears to look identical to that of Have you seen this snail. which his also the first color correct season 4 episode (non-palebob) I think the last MovieBob episode was Patrick SmartPants. and got phased out by season 5.

itznoah

Imitation Krab
MovieBob is in this commercial if you haven't seen it, it appears to look identical to that of Have you seen this snail. which his also the first color correct season 4 episode (non-palebob) I think the last MovieBob episode was Patrick SmartPants. and got phased out by season 5.

i know moviebob appeared on occasion throughout season 4, it's just shell of a man and have you seen this snail feature it more prominently. movie squidward makes a few appearances in FoaKP, though that might just be ch greenblatt's style for that episode.

SpongeyMind

Balloon Traveler
i know moviebob appeared on occasion throughout season 4, it's just shell of a man and have you seen this snail feature it more prominently. movie squidward makes a few appearances in FoaKP, though that might just be ch greenblatt's style for that episode.
Nah, it's not just a greenblatt thing. This is from HYSTS, but he was in normal design during the bath scene.
download - 2023-11-17T021602.108.jpg

Back