01a. Help Wanted

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
For a pilot, this is a great episode. Even if this wasn't a pilot episode I would still find it great because it's awesome to see Spongebob making Krabby Patties for the first time and to see that this was the first ever episode of Spongebob. 8/10

Annoy Squidward Day

Floating Shopping List
You really couldn't ask for more of an introduction. Well, yes you could since I wish it was the normal 11 mins instead of 7. But still... 9/10

iedasb

Crazy Artist
This is the first episode of Spongebob. If it wasnt good, there would not be this big fandom nowdays,

It's the best episode because it's the first.

The reason why the episode's not in the Complete First Season disc is because the song playing in this episode was eventually copyrighted. So Viacom had to remove it. I'm sorry for the concern.

Out of the Blue

Floating Shopping List
Aside from The Chicken From Outer Space (the pilot for Courage The Cowardly Dog), this is probably my favourite cartoon pilot. I think it introduces the characters quite nicely and the humor is good, but it's clear that they hadn't established the classic style yet.

I especially like the Krabby Patty making sequence if just so I can hear Tiny Tim in a Spongebob episode. That's a great use of an older song.

So, yeah, I'm giving this a score of 9/10. It's a great start to a amazing show!

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
A nice start to a groundbreaking show, "Help Wanted" was pretty cool. I liked lots of gags from the episode, and all the montages (the song!) as well. Not as funny, but it's a great treat of an episode. 9/10

FictionMagician

Imitation Krab
I think BabySmitty hit the nail on the head, pretty much. For a while I thought this episode was rather boring, because it wasn't as kooky or energetic as later ones, but now that I've matured I've come to realize that this is a remarkable episode, even if it's not one of my favorites. There's definitely a level of intelligence here that's mostly absent in other episodes, such as Spongebob nervous about applying for a job and Patrick (uncharacteristically wise and helpful here) motivating him to achieve his goal. Squidward and Mr. Krabs seem to be good friends in this episode, laughing and getting along, albeit at poor Spongebob's expense. The most hilarious part is when, after sending away a potential frycook on a hopeless mission, they get invaded by anchovies. It's completely unexpected, both for Squidward and Mr. Krabs and the viewer, and the resolution, complete with a great Tiny Tim number, is amazing. The episode is more charming and warm then outright funny, so it might not be to everyone's tastes (especially fans of the later seasons). I'd even wager that a younger/newer fan seeing this episode for the first time would be shocked to see how different the style of the show was back then, how the characters look and act, and how rough the animation is (thought it's still pretty good). But this is the episode that started it all, and it's easy to see why it would go on to become such a phenomenon.

8.5/10

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
Awesome start to an awesome show

Grade: A+

Best Character: Spongebob

Best Line: MR KRABS MR KRABS Mr Krabs come see your new employeeeeeeeee

Big Fat Santas said:
I'm sorry guys, but this episode is very overrated. I think there's a lack of humor and it's not really entertaining IMO. Probably a 5.5/10.

WHAT?

Leedles

Leedle
Ol Bold and Brash said:
Awesome Start to an awesome show 10/10

Best Character: Spongebob

Best Line: MR KRABS MR KRABS Mr Krabs come see your new employeeeeeeeee

WHAT?
Old opinion, it's changed drastically. I still think it's overrated, but I think it's much better than I previously did.

Back