That Toenail Scene...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smaher

Moby Dollar
You know which one I'm talking about.

So apparently that grotesque scene was created by none other that Dani Michaeli, not Aaron Springer.

Source:
FTfhXeJ.jpg

https://twitter.com/danimichaeli1/status/452935166239862784

Some may find this disturbing.
House_Fancy_Squidward_Toenail.png

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
When I saw that scene for the very first time, it even made me cringe and I thought I had seen a lot of gross out humor and gore before. Not that the episode itself was bad or anything but still.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Hmmm... well, for me, that scene didn't especially bother me. I understand why people cringe over it, no problem there; just, to me, that scene is so short and the rest of the episode is so great. 'House Fancy' is one of my fave episodes.

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Ohad said:
Everyone just seem to ignore what he said- HE SAW IT HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE.

I guess that's why post-movie writers are so weird. They're traumatized.
I know it can happen to anything with a toenail, I definitely wouldn't argue there. The only thing I said is that it didn't bother me and I love the episode. ;)

Patrick-Man!

Floating Shopping List
am i the only one who found it funny? i mean not "OH EM GEE AHAHA" more like "HA thats gross and funny."

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
Wow, Dani...

why'd you admit to creating that atrocity?

Does he know what he just got himself into? If I were him, I would've said, "Nope, Aaron's idea, all Aaron." Who would voluntarily take credit for one of the most reviled scenes in the show's history?

Wow, Dani...

why'd you admit to creating that atrocity?

Does he know what he just got himself into? If I were him, I would've said, "Nope, Aaron's idea, all Aaron." Who would voluntarily take credit for one of the most reviled scenes in the show's history?
I think he wanted everyone to know its horrible origin.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
You know, I hate to admit this, but I don't have a problem anymore with that scene now that Dani Micheali explained it. I mean, that scene may by gruesome, but there's another scene in Season 6 that's far worse. In fact, the episode that scene is in is a lot, lot worse than the toenail scene. The episode I am talking about is.......the Splinter.

I don't think it meets the needs of the story, Dani. :P Anyway, it's not gross to me at all, just pointless. I still kind of like the episode, not as much as I used to. Really, the people that hate the episode with a deep and burning passion because of a cartoon toenail falling off just motivates me to like it more.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
I'm just glad Aaron Springer didn't make that scene. So now everyone needs to stop blaming him.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I myself liked the episode and that scene does not bother me. I also think that if you dislike an episode for 1 little scene, that's not very fair.

Of course, if it was a scene with dead bodies and blood all over the place then that's something else but a toenail? Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back