• Hi, Guest! Tuesday, November 5, 2024 is Election Day in the U.S.
    If you are eligible, please vote! Your vote matters! To find out how to vote in your state, visit Vote.org or Vote.gov.

Official info on the new Christmas special

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

Its-A-SpongeBob-Christmas-post-2.jpg

It's Christmas and Bikini Bottom as you've never experienced them before! Created entirely in Stop Motion animation, It's a SpongeBob Christmas! is destined to be a holiday classic. This special double-length episode finds all of Bikini Bottom in a festive mood as they prepare for Santa's arrival. But not Plankton, who's once again expecting a lump of coal. So he comes up with his most diabolic new scheme yet, one that practically guarantees he'll finally get the gift he's always wanted - the Krabby Patty secret formula! It's a SpongeBob Christmas! is a tasty tale sure to put the whole family in the holiday spirit!

Trailer:
http://www.huffingto..._n_1597975.html

DVD/Blu-ray release:
http://www.sbmania.n...vd-and-blu-ray/
http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B008VECJA6

Awesome :D I'm really excited for this now
Looks great

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH This is amazing! This looks so intense! I nearly forgot about this special with all the news about Extreme Spots and the movie. This looks packed with action! Though, did anyone realize Sandy had bushy eye brows? Hmmmm Glad to see Patchy and Potty in this.

I like the stop-motion. ^.^ I think it adds new flavor to the show.

My thoughts:
- Patchy! I'm glad to see he's in this special; he been missing from recent specials and I was worried they had got rid of him altogether.
- I love how the stop-motion animation looks ... reminds me of Christmas specials I watched as a kid.
- I was worried about the characters looking ugly or too off-model, but I think they've got it just right (apart from Sandy's eyebrows). Spongebob in particular looks a lot like he used to in the early seasons, shape-wize - the top of his head is wider than his pants.
- I. CAN'T. WAIT! Eeeeee, I'm so excited for this now! Nick is such a tease, giving us a trailer 6 months in advance. Oh well ... I suppose the fact that we're seeing promotion this early just goes to show how much work has gone into this episode.

Though, did anyone realize Sandy had bushy eye brows?

I noticed this (they're kind of hard to miss). :P
I did wonder if maybe she'd eaten some of the jerktoniom-laced fruitcake and that's her "evil" look ...

ETA: Since the other residents of Bikini Bottom who are acting like jerks also have bushy eyebrows, I'm guessing that the bushy eyebrows do indeed indicate the presence of jerktonium and it's not just bad character design.

I really like the look, I'm a huge fan of stop motion. Now I'm really hyped up, but we're sadly still a long time away from when it airs!

I love stop-motion! 2 of my favourite things combined! I can't wait for this episode! :D :w00t:

This looks great! I like the way all the characters look. Who knows, it could be better than "Christmas Who?"... :naughty:

Although this probably won't replace Christmas Who? as my favorite Christmas episode, this does look interesting.

Also, two fish in the video look like they are wearing the clothes from Band Geeks.

Ugh... why is it stop-motion?
As an ode to the Christmas Specials everyone watched as a kid. Anyway, this looks totally awesome! Everything in the trailer looked amazing! The plot looked interesting, and the models and backgrtounds really give me vibes from stuff like Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer. Really cool stuff. And, since I have a soft spot in my heart for Stop-Motion, this is doubly great. Can't wait!

I really don't want to wait six months. :P

As an ode to the Christmas Specials everyone watched as a kid. Anyway, this looks totally awesome! Everything in the trailer looked amazing! The plot looked interesting, and the models and backgrtounds really give me vibes from stuff like Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer. Really cool stuff. And, since I have a soft spot in my heart for Stop-Motion, this is doubly great. Can't wait!

I really don't want to wait six months. :P

I didn't watch any stop-motion Christmas specials when I was younger :?

Must be a US thing.

Press release artwork:

Its-A-SpongeBob-Christmas-post-2.jpg

Featuring a normal looking Sandy, confirming that the Sandy seen in the trailer was indeed jerk-ified. So everybody can chill out about her eyebrows now. :P

PS: I can't wait for this episode ... everything we've seen so far has been, well, adorable. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Back