• Hi, Guest! Tuesday, November 5, 2024 is Election Day in the U.S.
    If you are eligible, please vote! Your vote matters! To find out how to vote in your state, visit Vote.org or Vote.gov.

Official info on the new Christmas special

Another interview with Screen Novelties:
http://www.assignmentx.com/2012/exclusive-interview-with-the-its-a-spongebob-christmas-stop-motion-special-creative-team/

This one is interesting because they address the SpongeBob water helmet issue.

AX: Here’s a total geek question – SpongeBob always has to wear a helmet with water when he goes into Sandy’s house, but he didn’t in the stop motion special. Was it too difficult to design that for stop motion or was it too difficult to explain in a stop motion special that has to stand on its own?

WALSH: It was a budget cut. It’s totally doable, but it pretty much doubles the time it takes to animate those scenes, and there just wasn’t time for that on this schedule.

[background=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.498039)]Quote[/background]

[background=rgb(247, 247, 247)]AX: Here’s a total geek question – SpongeBob always has to wear a helmet with water when he goes into Sandy’s house, but he didn’t in the stop motion special. Was it too difficult to design that for stop motion or was it too difficult to explain in a stop motion special that has to stand on its own?

WALSH: It was a budget cut. It’s totally doable, but it pretty much doubles the time it takes to animate those scenes, and there just wasn’t time for that on this schedule[/background]

They decided to strip-off the most logical and senseful thing in the show just because they can? I know the whole budget cut would make things a lot harder, but I just find it a bit silly to know "it's totally doable", but there is no time for such thing. I'm starting to sense a terrible feeling they're putting so many efforts on songs and musicals they fail to find any time for the water helmet part :p. But, I'm not abandoning on all hopes yet. I'm sure the time they spent in this special will all be worth it!

Can't wait to watch it!

Back