• Hi, Guest! Tuesday, November 5, 2024 is Election Day in the U.S.
    If you are eligible, please vote! Your vote matters! To find out how to vote in your state, visit Vote.org or Vote.gov.

Official info on the new Christmas special

http://kidscreen.com/2012/06/15/spongebob-gets-the-stop-motion-treatment/

http://kidstvmovies.about.com/b/2012/06/15/dont-be-a-jerk-its-christmas-a-spongebob-stop-motion-christmas-special.htm

SIX MONTHS?!?!?! Whyyyyyy? Whyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Looks promising. If it comes out bad, I will march right down to Nickelodeon Animation Studios and attack everyone for rewening my life.

I didn't watch any stop-motion Christmas specials when I was younger :?

Must be a US thing.

I'm not sure about that, I'm quite familiar with stop-motion Christmas specials too.

Some pictures of the set I found on the blog of somebody who works at Screen Novelties:
IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0131.jpg

More here.

Now I really want to see this, I'm really fascinated by stop-motion :)

According to the Amazon description of the DVD release, the two downloadable songs from the episode are called "Santa's Eyes" and "Hot Fruit Cake".
This means that the episode will actually have 3 songs, the third being "Don't Be A Jerk", which the episode is based on.

I seriously am anxious. Not so happy about stop motion, though.

What's wrong with Stop-Motion? Anyway, here's a pic, straight from Vincent Waller's twitter:

AyqJEqLCAAAGcF_.jpg

Apparently, he and Richard Pursel took a trip to Screen Novelties. Pretty cool. That's Rich Pursel in the pic, by the way.

What's wrong with Stop-Motion? Anyway, here's a pic, straight from Vincent Waller's twitter:

AyqJEqLCAAAGcF_.jpg

Apparently, he and Richard Pursel took a trip to Screen Novelties. Pretty cool. That's Rich Pursel in the pic, by the way.
Pfff, I love Spongebob's suit :xP:

DadMom AngryPants said:
What's wrong with Stop-Motion?
SpongeBob has never been a stop motion animation and so I'm not really looking forward to them messing about with it like that. Stop motion animation -> 2D animation is great, but 2D animation -> stop-motion animation or 3D animation is not as great

This show ain't meant for stop-motion. That's like animating CNN. (I hate that channel like Patrick does :p )

Back