Milkmaid's Top 111!

Milkmaidman said:

Teasing you guys on this is fun. if I could, from the looks of it, i'd just stop here forever. But, why would I do that? Anyways, let's get another fan favorite out of the way. If this top part of the list seems a little plain to you, it's honestly because I made this list back in August 2013, and never really bothered to change it because.....wait, i've already told this story, haven't I? Alright, onto why I actually like this episode personally myself. The episode begins with a magazine that Squidward gets, "Fancy Living Digest", Spongebob and Patrick get inspired to become entrepreneurs. And what do they sell? Chocolate. They decide to take the door to door approach, and come across Tom Smith, the chocolate. He screams his little "chocolate" bid, which I think was a pretty nice touch, especially seeing how it just sort of came out of nowhere. Next, they buy a bunch of chocolate carrying bags from another customer...which is also pretty funny, and was a little predictable for first time viewers, I would guess. Chocolate Tom comes back again, and we get a scene where SB and Pat takes a break at the diner, which is one of, if not, my favorite scene of the episode. I dunno, it's hard to tell, because this quality stays pretty consistent throughout, but yeah, it's mainly due to the exchange of "Let's get naked", and "No, we're saving that for real estate", mostly because of how little sense it makes. They trying to be nice (in ANOTHER hilarious scene, that really doesn't last long, but I think that adds to it's charm). After deciding to stretch the truth, this gives them a few twists and turns (most notably the con man appearing again), and it finally comes full circle when Chocolate Tom comes back and...buys all their chocolate. The one thing is episode succeeds in more than everything else is humor. JUST ABOUT every single joke worked. Chocolate Tom, SB and Pat's interactions with themselves and the customers, the methods they use to sell the chocolate, the customers themselves (most notably the con man who pulls the salesman role backwards on the two, and the fish person that's so old she's nothing but some shriveled skeletal thingy). The plot is really simple, but it's still just so enjoyable, for some reason. The characters are almost, if not just as good as the humor, however. Spongebob is great as always (no OOC moments), and Patrick has a legendary performance, with lines like "let's get naked" and "I love you.". Also, the one shot characters are all great. Chocolate Tom isn't one off, but he's certainly pretty funny. Then there's other one offs, my favorite being the con man. He's just so great to watch, and he's also pretty clever. There's also shriveled skeletal thingy, who can be a little jarring at first, but it's a great scene. There's also Patrick clone with a shirt...yeah, him. The legacy of this episode is undeniable. Countless quotes have been into memes, and it's been called one of the best Spongebob episodes of all time by many, including me. Top three time.

BobCarotte said:
Chocolate with Nuts?

Deep sea dillies said:
NUM 1 is graveyard shift isnt it
Milkmaidman said:

And yet, while this is something i've had to do ever since a couple months after I joined, i'm gonna try to finish strong. Today, we're gonna be looking at what USED to be my all time favorite episode, but it sorta moved down the ranks a little while after I started the list. But, if it's at number 6, that means it's really amazing. Let's see why. The episode is about customers wanting to eat more food after closing time, food they'll pay for, so Mr. Krabs starts giving 24 hour shifts (You know, if this is gonna happen, he needs more than 2 employees. Just a nitpick for reality.). Spongebob and Squidward begin to get scared by possible night terrors, but it turns to be a guy applying for a job....but Nosferatu is also there. About that, I love how all three just go along with that ("Nosferatu!"), and don't get freaked out again. Like a lot of early Spongebob episodes, the main point of it's quality is the humor. This episode does it in the style of rapid fire comedy, where if you missed a joke cause you had to make a sandwich or something, don't worry...there will be another one in a few seconds. Some examples of my favorite moments include a lot of the famous ones, such as Nosferatu, the speed trash taking outing (i'm so sorry if anyone reads these excuse that), Spongebob's little hand thing, the wall ooze, and the hash flinging...the trash singing....aw, forget it. As for the characterization, nothing's different at all. Everyone is in character and when they say something, it seems like something they'd say. The pieces fit. My favorite character would probably have to Spongebob. It's normally Patrick, and he was in this episode in one funny joke that sounds like something stupid that I would do, but there wasn't substance to his performance, I guess that's what i'm trying to say. Squidward was the second best, he had some good moments, but Spongebob is the clear winner here. If Squidward wasn't making jokes, it was him. His character made for some excellent pacing in an already excellent episode.

My goal is to now finish this list TODAY. I usually post the top two at the same time, but now i'll probably post #2 then write #1 right after. I still have two lists before I get off the circuit for good, but this is likely the magnum opus of my...list career. So, let's get it done, because guilt has been riding me for months and months and months about barely updating it and not finishing this. So, yes. Number 2 is Shanghaied. The episode follows Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward following a giant anchor into the sky, which leads to the ship of the Flying Dutchman. The three go through all sorts of hijinx with the Dutchman, and then...the ending. So, when this episode first aired, Nick had a voting contest to see what ending out of three could be aired. I believe that Spongebob's is shown in repeated airings, but I think any of them would work well. It's a good plot, a little more complex than some other episodes we've looked plot, but that's completely fine too. Is this episode funny? OF COURSE IT IS. There's Squidward's "tunnel of despair", "the sky had a baby", pretty much the entirety of the character interactions, and of course, "the perfume department". One of the funniest moments in the show's history, i'm not even joking, and I don't even know why. It just is. How are the characters? They are absolutely, positively, incredible. No one was out of character at all, and their interactions were absolutely genius, which it what I think up a good part of the successful humor. Spongebob is pretty good, Patrick's pretty good, Squidward's really really good, and the Dutchman is just great. I just can't really put into words how great this episode is. It has a good plot, even kinda different from the rest, this episode is really funny, and the characters help make up that humor, at the same time pull off great performances themselves. Can you guess #1 yet?

You failed your goal.

#1 is definitely The Camping Episode. It's the only super popular one left.

And yes, I did just read through this entire thread. 34 pages...

I've been waiting to post this for well over two years. Before I ever joined SBM, i've been wanting to make a top 100+ list and finish it, and here we are. This post is pretty much me fulfilling my main SBM life goal, guilt dragging from my back for months and months. I would like to thank everyone that has supported, followed, and commented on this list. I knew it would be a big project, but I didn't know it would take 23 months. I know this sounds sappy, but this moment couldn't be any more triumphant for me. So yes, as a couple of you have guessed my favorite Spongebob episode of all time is none other than the Camping Episode. This episode is about Spongebob and Patrick camping....in their own backyard. Squidward gets annoyed and tries to prove them what they're doing is completely stupid, but that just gets him into trouble. Yes, it's a basic formula, but it just works so well, and here's the kicker, it also flows ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY. No bubble cuts, no nothing, they just stay in the yard for nearly the entire episode. It almost sort of feels like it's going in real time, despite some cartoony elements of it's timing. The timing is also done perfectly. Every little action, every dialogue piece, is really well edited and really well crafted. And speaking of which, this is the funniest thing ever, really. Every single joke works, and I know i'm just gushing over this episode, but I can't help it. I can't really imagine anything being different in this episode and still better. For instance, the entire thing about the sea bear, the several tens of Spongebob's "who knew this guy who knew this guy" thing. and even the little touches like Squidward's "Swedish Barnacle Balls" just knocks me out, for some reason. I don't even why. The characterization is...legendary. I can't really put it any other satisfying way. Spongebob and Patrick have, as usual, incredibly charming naive personalities and dialogue, and it's really funny to see Squidward try to contradict all of them, and even taken out of context, his lines are great. Overall, just watching this episode is a very enjoyable experience, with a very interesting plot in also it's execution and staging, there's successful humor all over the place and then some, and the Squidward/Spongebob/Patrick trio has never worked better, in my opinion. That's really all I have to say. This concludes Milkmaid's Top 111, a two year journey that has had very many ups and downs, but a satisfying payoff. I'll make a couple more much, MUCH smaller lists after this maybe, but we will see. Once again, i'd like to thank everyone. This has been a great experience. As usual, peace out.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID IT!!!!!!! I love that you finished it!!!! THE CAMPING EPISODE is a really good episode!!! BUT congrats MMM YOU DID IT!!!!!! THIS WAS A GREAT EPISODE!!!

Back