Man Created SpongeBob First. Sues for $1.6billion

dubbi

Radical Wumbologist
Think about it. If it was real, then he would of done this a long time ago, not almost 6 years later. Plus, Bob Sponge is not copyrighted, so he can't sue, meaning SpongeBob is going to win no matter what.
Yes. Why would this guy wait 8 years if he wanted to sue.

So obviously Spongebob's gonna win.
Because most grownups don't watch nick. So he had no idea!

SpongeSebastian

CheeseHead BrownPants
I don't believe this, I think it's just all a scam. SpongeBob is employed by the Krusty Krab and "Sponge For Hire" is the name of a DVD, not an episode. if this guy really created "Bob Spongee" in 1991, then it's just a coincidence because Stephen Hillenburg created a comic book in the 1980's and the host was "Bob the Sponge". Plus, the man says that he discovered SpongeBob in 2002. Why didn't he sue then instead of waiting five years? That's proof enough for you.

SquidwardLover

My dogs want your cereal. :)
I have "SpongeBob Exposed" and it was not inspired by his dolls! SpongeBob came from SpongeBoy and SpongeBob is BEYOND single! There is no eppy called "Sponge For Hire" it's just a DVD.

He thought that he could get a lotta cash out of sueing them probaly like ciggarets or the thought of McDonalds.

Besides, I created a superhero named "Squirrel Girl" years ago, and I found Timmy's Dad simmilar to her in "Who's Your Daddy?". I got a bit mad, but it's not his fault and it's not like the dudes at the studio went through the dump looking at my drawings!

Same thing happened between me and PokeDouglas with "Under My Rock", but it was neither of our faults that we came up with the same ideas.

DJ Sponge

Future Miss Universe
I have "SpongeBob Exposed" and it was not inspired by his dolls!

Well... of course it wouldn't say that... cause it's not true.
djsmily.gif

Airedale Lady

I am a ghost. Fear me.
(Rolls eyes in disbelief) This happens EVERY SINGLE TIME a show is successful, some weirdo comes out saying "You stole my idea!" It happened with Disney (Lion King) it happened with another character as wll, also from a guy in San Francisco.
I've lived in SFO all my life and I never saw aything like those spongedolls.

Spongey34

Dafano
Staff
This is just stupid. It sounds like the guy might have a legit argument, but come on... you don't sue 8 years after it was created. That makes this look like the guy is just out to get money. He probably is. He "found out" about SpongeBob in 2002. So, what, he was like the last guy on earth to hear about him? So he goes for 3 years without knowing SpongeBob, yet thinks that his sponge was popular enough that it was reipped off? Please.

Then he waits another 5 years to sue? Yeah, after you find out the show is worth so much. I doubt this would have happened if it wasn't so successful. And another example of him not really knowing what's going on, which was already mentioned. SpongeBob is certainly not unemployed. And it'd be hard to find further resemblance; it's not like SpongeBob has a wife and kids.

Again, this guy could have an honest claim... but I think he really messed up in the way he waited so long and has shown his lack of knowledge regarding the whole show. That certainly won't help him.

Patrickrox11

Do the cramp!
This is just stupid. It sounds like the guy might have a legit argument, but come on... you don't sue 8 years after it was created. That makes this look like the guy is just out to get money. He probably is. He "found out" about SpongeBob in 2002. So, what, he was like the last guy on earth to hear about him? So he goes for 3 years without knowing SpongeBob, yet thinks that his sponge was popular enough that it was reipped off? Please.

Then he waits another 5 years to sue? Yeah, after you find out the show is worth so much. I doubt this would have happened if it wasn't so successful. And another example of him not really knowing what's going on, which was already mentioned. SpongeBob is certainly not unemployed. And it'd be hard to find further resemblance; it's not like SpongeBob has a wife and kids.

Again, this guy could have an honest claim... but I think he really messed up in the way he waited so long and has shown his lack of knowledge regarding the whole show. That certainly won't help him.
I agree. Why would the guy wait so long to sue?

spongezilla

so spongebob would get more popleur and he can sue more money.

this guy propbaly planned it for a while. it felt like the purfet time to get cash by sueing something that looks like what he made. next thing you know, some idiot is going to sue Micheil Creation(darn spelling) for writing a book The Lost World and having it like the movie, JP2, then find out the JP2 is based on the book. some people just don't look at everything. :P

SquidwardLover

My dogs want your cereal. :)
Oh yeah! And I realized, my mom knows what San Francisco is like. She also watches the stuff on TV about EVERYTHING!! She also noticed that "Squeaky Boots" was like an old movie, and if there was any "Bob Spongee" dolls, my mom would probably know about it and point out that Bob Spongee was like SpongeBob!
The guy just probably saw the bob, made comics, and sign his name and put whatever year he said about when he drew them and wait a couple years to for the show to get more popular THEN sue. The year has come. We must work to save Bob and prove Mr. Stalker wrong!

Patrickrox11

Do the cramp!

this guy propbaly planned it for a while. it felt like the purfet time to get cash by sueing something that looks like what he made. next thing you know, some idiot is going to sue Micheil Creation(darn spelling) for writing a book The Lost World and having it like the movie, JP2, then find out the JP2 is based on the book. some people just don't look at everything. :)
That seems right. :D

Airedale Lady

I am a ghost. Fear me.
Even if this thing goes to court, I don't see how it can stand up in court. He nver put a copyright on Bob Spongee, so he can't sue for copyright infringement. Plus, from the descriptions, it doesn't sound like there is any similarity beyond the fact that both characters are sponges. SpongeBob is not married and certainly does not have kids, and the article didn't say anything about other characters. Secondly, Hillenburg supposedly thought of SpongeBob back during his nmarine biologist days, way before this guy started selling kitchen sponges in plastic bags.

The most this guy could get would be "idea stealing," something that is difficult to prove and certainly not worth a couple billion. I predict that this thing will get thrown out by the judge for lack of evidence or at least the award will be severaly cut down--this thing is worth about $100,000 at the most.

The Purple Jigglypuff

Jiggly Puff!

this guy propbaly planned it for a while. it felt like the purfet time to get cash by sueing something that looks like what he made. next thing you know, some idiot is going to sue Micheil Creation(darn spelling) for writing a book The Lost World and having it like the movie, JP2, then find out the JP2 is based on the book. some people just don't look at everything. :P
Well then he's just stupid.The judges will probably say ''this moron waits 5 years to sue?''

patrick2403

Friends

this guy propbaly planned it for a while. it felt like the purfet time to get cash by sueing something that looks like what he made. next thing you know, some idiot is going to sue Micheil Creation(darn spelling) for writing a book The Lost World and having it like the movie, JP2, then find out the JP2 is based on the book. some people just don't look at everything. :magician:
Well then he's just stupid.The judges will probably say ''this moron waits 5 years to sue?''
Yeah, he's waited way too long and that will make a major difference in the judge's decision.

dubbi

Radical Wumbologist
Okay I can understand if he sues of like 250,000 but 1.5 billion! I'm offficialy not on his side anymore! Because of the amount of money at stake and the lack of proof he should lose, bujt anything can happen.

Back