Leedle's Ranking of Every Season 1 Episode Countdown

Leedles

Leedle
Hello, you guys! I'm new here (see my introductions on the Introductions forum) so I decided to rank every episode from Season 1 and will continue all the way to Season 9. When I finish all that, I will do a grand top 100 episodes of all time! Stay tuned, follow this thread, and get ready for a fun ride!

Alright, I'm gonna wait until this thread gets more attention before I post my first pick.

I'll give you a hint for 41: I'm giving this episode the boot.

Leedles

Leedle
Oh, in case you didn't know, I'm going from worst to best.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*in Plankton voice* CORRECT!

Squeaky_Boots.jpg

To be fair, it's been a while since I've seen this episode, so I'm basing this review entirely off of memory. However, I never found the episode to be funny. It's basically 11 minutes of *SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK SQUEAK* and having one of the more annoying sounds in the show's history. I'm sorry this review isn't longer, but like I said, this is going entirely off of memory, so I don't remember much. I found the only part to be slightly funny was when Mr. Krabs burned the boots, and that was a small chuckle at best.

Hint for #40: Air.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
I agree… I never liked Squeaky Boots, not only because it's annoying, but that awful scene of Mr. Krabs constantly getting up to close the window. It's stupid filler and really serves no purpose in the episode. There aren't any funny nor interesting moments. I love the face and animation when Krabs burns the boots, though. So yeah, this is also my least favorite S1 episode.

For #40… I guess Tea at the Treedome.

I'm following, can't wait to see your next entries! :D

Leedles

Leedle
Big Spooky Claws said:
I agree… I never liked Squeaky Boots, not only because it's annoying, but that awful scene of Mr. Krabs constantly getting up to close the window. It's stupid filler and really serves no purpose in the episode. There aren't any funny nor interesting moments. I love the face and animation when Krabs burns the boots, though. So yeah, this is also my least favorite S1 episode.

For #40… I guess Tea at the Treedome.

I'm following, can't wait to see your next entries! :D
You're good! :D

Tea_at_the_Treedome.jpg

Wow...only 2 episodes in, and already there's a controversial pick. I only laughed once throughout this episode, and that was at Patrick's pinky joke. Everything else was terrible. This is easily one of the most overrated episodes in history. They introduced a great character in a very mediocre episode. Let's just say that I absolutely hated how this was basically one big Spongebob Torture ::dolphin noise::. If you say he deserved it, then HOW? You could say that he lied to Sandy because he said he loved air, but he wasn't lying. He was trying to IMPRESS her! It also doesn't help that there are so many things that only make Spongebob more desperate for water, and it just feels disturbing in some sorts. It also doesn't help when Patrick comes in and they both suffocate. Sure, it ends fine, but I still felt really bad for Spongebob throughout the episode. If they had made it funnier, I would've liked it more.

Hint for #39: Earth Day Extreme.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
Tea at the Treedome is pretty "meh". I love "When in doubt, pinky out!" and "I NEEEDD IT!!!" but other than that it's nothing too special. Sandy is a great character but she doesn't have her Texan-intelligent-karate personality here, which is what I like her for. Not to mention the fact that Sandy doesn't even realize the SB is losing air! Yeah, she's really smart. This episode didn't even have Sandy for a lot of it, it's mostly SB being tempted to get all of the water in her dome. It's not a bad episode, but it isn't very funny and the two quotes above are the only memorable parts of the episode.

Enjoying this lise so far :thumbsup:

I think #39 is Nature Pants. :)

Leedles

Leedle
Big Spooky Claws said:
Tea at the Treedome is pretty "meh". I love "When in doubt, pinky out!" and "I NEEEDD IT!!!" but other than that it's nothing too special. Sandy is a great character but she doesn't have her Texan-intelligent-karate personality here, which is what I like her for. Not to mention the fact that Sandy doesn't even realize the SB is losing air! Yeah, she's really smart. This episode didn't even have Sandy for a lot of it, it's mostly SB being tempted to get all of the water in her dome. It's not a bad episode, but it isn't very funny and the two quotes above are the only memorable parts of the episode.

Enjoying this lise so far :thumbsup:

I think #39 is Nature Pants. :)
You are too good!

Nature_Pants.jpg

I will admit this: This episode does have a few good jokes. I liked when everyone is itching on the carpet at the end, Patrick saying "take patty" and "take bite" from the script instead of actually doing it, and Patrick chasing Spongebob was mildly amusing...for the first 10 seconds. However, other than the good marks, there are definitely way too many bad marks. First off, other than the aforementioned jokes, it's not very funny. A lot of parts weren't even TRYING to be funny. It was mostly Spongebob running around naked for 11 minutes. I also thought the story wasn't very good. It felt like a rejected Earth Day special. Overall, nothing really else to say, other than it's very bland and mostly unfunny.

Hint for #38: Plankton lied, people died.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
I haven't seen Nature Pants in a while, but I will always think it is boring. The only good parts were "I'll give him 11 minutes" and "take patty" "take bite" :P. The rest was extremely boring, there's a lot of stinging and yes, SB running around naked. :kelpface: (Ironically, that emote is from NP). The plot could've been executed a lot better. A lot of bad pre-movie episodes don't have the flaws that a post-movie episode have, other than being unfunny and boring, so yeah, the episode isn't awful, but it's not my favorite either.

#38- hmmm…. hard one. F.U.N? There aren't too many Plankton centered S1 episodes and Plankton does lie in F.U.N, so that's my guess :P

Leedles

Leedle
Big Spooky Claws said:
Walking Small? :P
You broke your streak a bit, but correct!

Walking_Small.jpg

Again, like Nature Pants, there isn't really much to say about it. The plot is mostly bland, and the only good joke is the "NOT INSERTIVE" joke. It's not as bland as Nature Pants, and it's mildly entertaining to watch Plankton try and teach Spongebob to become assertive, but again, the plot is pretty bland. All the plot is is Plankton trying to make the Chum Bucket popular and using Spongebob to do it. The plot almost sounds like an exact copy Plankton!, which I will get to later. Overall, it could have been much better.

Clue for #37: Musical number pushes it into fame.

Big Meaty Claws

K I D S
From what I remember, I like Walking Small a lot. It's hilarious to see SB fail at being mean, and it has some great lines: "Excuse me sir, your sitting on my body, which is also my face.", "Tell him to go take a hike!" "Do you want to take a hike with me?" and nobody can forget "Steppin' on the beach! Doo-doo-doo-doo!" Not only does this episode have great lines, it has a good plot and it also has a moral. Like Ripped Pants, except it makes more sense here, you should stay true to yourself.

Well this is the first time I've disagreed :P For #37, I think it's either Ripped Pants or F.U.N (leaning more on RP here)

Leedles

Leedle
Big Spooky Claws said:
From what I remember, I like Walking Small a lot. It's hilarious to see SB fail at being mean, and it has some great lines: "Excuse me sir, your sitting on my body, which is also my face.", "Tell him to go take a hike!" "Do you want to take a hike with me?" and nobody can forget "Steppin' on the beach! Doo-doo-doo-doo!" Not only does this episode have great lines, it has a good plot and it also has a moral. Like Ripped Pants, except it makes more sense here, you should stay true to yourself.

Well this is the first time I've disagreed :P For #37, I think it's either Ripped Pants or F.U.N (leaning more on RP here)
I completely forgot about those lines until you mentioned them! ARGH!!!! Ok, it still remains in its same place. Thank God I don't have to revise this entire list. :P

For #37, I think it's either Ripped Pants or F.U.N (leaning more on RP here)

Big Spooky Claws said:
For #37, I think it's either Ripped Pants or F.U.N (leaning more on RP here)
And yes, it's one of those.

MrColeslaw

Balloon Traveler
There weren't too many episodes that I didn't like, but some were kinda boring to be honest. Not many though.

I'm gonna go with Ripped Pants. :P

Leedles

Leedle
Rugratskid said:
There weren't too many episodes that I didn't like, but some were kinda boring to be honest. Not many though.

I'm gonna go with Ripped Pants. :P
You are correct!

Ripped_Pants.png

Again, this is another overrated Season 1 episode. The ripped pants gag got tired after a while, and it was never funny to begin with. This is often considered a classic episode, but I think it's only for the song number. After he takes it too far with the joke, they continue on with a great song placed in an overall mediocre episode. The song is one of the best songs in SB history, and it's absolutely catchy and actually a nice sing-a-long song. However, that's the only good part. The rest of the episode is pretty bad. I feel that it could be used as a minor gag in one episode, but base a whole episode off of it? Oh, no way.

Hint for #36: Picking up Mr. Krabs' house.

More

VIP
While I don't necessarily agree with the list 100%, I can easily see where you're coming from and you definitely have valid reasons for these choices. I'd personally put I Was a Teenage Gary on the bottom, and even that wasn't that bad IMO.

I'm definitely following this topic :D

Leedles

Leedle
More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
While I don't necessarily agree with the list 100%, I can easily see where you're coming from and you definitely have valid reasons for these choices. I'd personally put I Was a Teenage Gary on the bottom, and even that wasn't that bad IMO.

I'm definitely following this topic :D
Wait...I think I know you from Deviantart. I see you on a lot of Mr. Enter posts. You have a hatred for The Inmates of Summer and Artist Unknown.

More

VIP
LeedleLeedleLeedleLee said:
Wait...I think I know you from Deviantart. I see you on a lot of Mr. Enter posts. You have a hatred for The Inmates of Summer and Artist Unknown.
Well, I don't have a hatred for The Inmates of Summer, it's more weak than anything, I just keep brining it up because it was at one one point my least favorite episode. But yeah, I think you're definitely looking at the right guy.

Back