First trailer revealed!

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I'll admit it, this trailer was hilarious and the 2D animation looks great! I wish we could have seen more of it, but I'm so glad that more of the characters are taking an active role in this story compared to the first movie. As for the CGI, it's not bad either and definitely looks cartoony enough to fit the show. Not the worst movie of 2015, indeed! ;)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I'm so excited I can barely type. I'm gonna be sick ... but in a good way this time.

tumblr_lijchoCqRk1qem0us.gif

OK ... my initial reaction in note form:
  • Banderas talking about the magic book sounded very cheesy, but I like the concept and it explains why he would bother to steal the formula in the first place. It also implies that the characters do choose their own superpowers. Knowing the reason they become superheroes has really warmed me up to the idea, and it doesn't feel so out of place anymore.
  • 2D ANIMATION, PRAISE NEPTUNE. You can still tell it's the current era of SpongeBob, particularly looking at SpongeBob's model, but I think it looks great. I'm excited to see more of the 2D in action.
  • I was ready to be disappointed but the CG really doesn't look that bad. It's very cartoony.
  • I remember the beached porpoise part from the PDF about filming on Tybee ... good times.
  • "Those guys must work out" etc was dumb. But I'll let it slide because it was literally the only part of the trailer I didn't enjoy.
  • In a bizarre twist that I certainly never saw coming, my favourite part of the trailer might be the part at the end where they are CG superheroes. Specifically, SpongeBob jumping around making cannon ball bubbles. That cracked me up.

baba_944

Moby Dollar
BrickSponge2015 said:
Simple answer: If the formula's not in BB, Plankton can't steal it, so he needs to team up with them because the pirate stole his role.
Exactly my thoughts. Man I can't wait to see this film. I'm off this subfroums for the rest of this year/and all of January and most of February.

TheKrabbyPattyBurgler said:
Oh my god, this trailer made me laugh, WHAT IS HAPPENING?!? I can tell that Hillenburg worked on this because it has the charm of Pre-Movie SpongeBob and the animation looks wicked nice. I'm actually looking forward to this now.
It's like (the better of) post-movie humor but with a pre-movie charm. I do like it indeed. :)

Thank the effin lord they redeemed themselves with this trailer because I was convinced this movie was going to suck!

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
HarryPotterLives said:
If the whole movie is as funny as this trailer, this movie is going to be amazing. Seriously can't wait for this.

Although... still no sight of Sandy as a hero? Boo.
Actually, there was. Squidward was riding her at one point near the end, when Mr. Krabs was flying around.

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
BrickSponge2015 said:
Actually, there was. Squidward was riding her at one point near the end, when Mr. Krabs was flying around.
Yeah, I noticed that when I watched it a second time. My bad. I still wish she had an actual hero look like the others, but at least she is present.

Back