What's wrong with Season 4?

patrick2403

Friends
We all know that a lot of people do not like Season 4. For those of you that don't like Season 4, explain why. Is it the stories, animation, script, voice actors or maybe something else?

We all know that a lot of people do not like Season 4. For those of you that don't like Season 4, explain why. Is it the stories, animation, script, voice actors or maybe something else?

Season four is ok but I liked the other stories better with the other writer, The other writer left for some reason and now we have a new one that has corner new story lines. I think that season 3 was the best one so far.Dont get me wrong season 4 is ok but the last writer was more interesting and more funny. :)

The plots can be unoriginal sometimes. Spongebob's spatula coming to life?! Spongebob doing nothing else but trying to open a suitcase?!When the plots are unoriginal, it makes the episode not so good. I do admit that there are only 5 or 6 episodes in season 4 that I don't like. But the plot problem is in an addition to those bad episodes. They need interesting and funny plots to keep the show at its greatness

Another problem is the characters. Most have changed. Sandy has gone from a kind tough squirrel into a super smart scientist who makes inventions. Squidward has gone from negative person but still does a few kind things to 100% negative person who gets angry a lot. And don't get me started on Spongebob's character in All That Glitters. Also new characters can be really dumb like the chimps had bad characters and same with the people in KI.

Next problem is the jokes. They can be funny, yet other jokes can be weird. Most episodes need good humour. The Mr. Dr. Proffeser Patrick joke in Chimps Ahoy wasn't funny. Though Wigstruck and Funny Pants made me laugh along with a few others.

Last problem is the songs. They play too much songs. Some are good and some are boring. The songs waste time in the episodes. So they should just only do songs once in a while.

Other than those, season 4 is fine. I like season 4, but I just like the other 3 seasons better.

If possible i would like the old writer to come back, We miss you :)

There are a few reasons why should dislike season 4 but I really don't mind watching the episodes.
  1. Lack of creativity/writers - It seems to me that there is a lack of creativity in the episodes this season. The season 3 episodes seem to be a bit different in the plots and how everything occured. Season 4 just seemed to focus on things already happening in other shows. Yes, I do realize there are a few episodes that are 'creative' but its the majority, imo. The writers need to start thinking outside the box a little more.
  2. Voices - This probably irks me the most. The numerous amount of voice changes in season 4. I know people probably wouldn't have time or just don't want to do the same voices again (mama krabs and other miscellaneous characters) but they really should try to stick to the originals. Tom Kenny seems to have a higher voice for Spongebob this season and while I can stand hearing it, it just kind of annoys me that he made that little change. Sometimes, it even hurts my ears.
  3. Where is the funny? - There are a few episodes, unlike season 3 where just about every episodes was funny, where there was not even a funny part in it (All That Glitters, Karate Island, Patrick Smartpants). Funny Pants would be my all-time annoying episode due to the continuous laughter of Spongebob. While I did enjoy the episode, there was way too much laughing!! Same goes for 'All That Glitters' with the crying of Spongebob at the beginning of the episode.
  4. Characters - What the gay? Characters in season 4 have gone from bad to worse in the miscellaneous section. It didn't bother me at all in seasons 1-3 but in season 4 there are a bunch of misc. characters we could do without. Yes, I do realize they were a part of the episodes but the writers could definetly come up with something better.

There are a few reasons why should dislike season 4 but I really don't mind watching the episodes.
  1. Lack of creativity/writers - It seems to me that there is a lack of creativity in the episodes this season. The season 3 episodes seem to be a bit different in the plots and how everything occured. Season 4 just seemed to focus on things already happening in other shows. Yes, I do realize there are a few episodes that are 'creative' but its the majority, imo. The writers need to start thinking outside the box a little more.
  2. Voices - This probably irks me the most. The numerous amount of voice changes in season 4. I know people probably wouldn't have time or just don't want to do the same voices again (mama krabs and other miscellaneous characters) but they really should try to stick to the originals. Tom Kenny seems to have a higher voice for Spongebob this season and while I can stand hearing it, it just kind of annoys me that he made that little change. Sometimes, it even hurts my ears.
  3. Where is the funny? - There are a few episodes, unlike season 3 where just about every episodes was funny, where there was not even a funny part in it (All That Glitters, Karate Island, Patrick Smartpants). Funny Pants would be my all-time annoying episode due to the continuous laughter of Spongebob. While I did enjoy the episode, there was way too much laughing!! Same goes for 'All That Glitters' with the crying of Spongebob at the beginning of the episode.
  4. Characters - What the gay? Characters in season 4 have gone from bad to worse in the miscellaneous section. It didn't bother me at all in seasons 1-3 but in season 4 there are a bunch of misc. characters we could do without. Yes, I do realize they were a part of the episodes but the writers could definetly come up with something better.
:rofl: True genius :lol2:

These season 4 episodes were written by Steven Banks, one of the writters of "Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi".

I've notise that the character's personalities has changed in season 4.

SpongeBob :rofl: : He was originally sort of dumb and kinda hyper. Now they made SpongeBob similar to Ami and he's just hyper to absurd extremes bouncing all over the place and not having a second of intelligence.

Patrick :patrick: : He used to be dumb, but still had his moments of intelligence. He also used to have his mentally ill moments. Now he's about as dumb as a rock and he's mentally ill 24/7.

Squidward :lol2: : He used to be nice and feel sorry for people sometimes but was mostly grouchy. Then he had a reason to be grouchy. Now they made Squidward similar to Yumi and he gets ticked off for no reason whatsoever.

Sandy :sandy: : Used to be smart, sweet, and southern. Now she's a genius. She's not as sweet anymore and all she ever does is smart things. I really miss the southern references.

Has anyone notise SpongeBob's vocie? It's too high-pitched and annoying!

The plots are just not the same. They used to draw me in, with clever writing, funny jokes, well-fitting music, and the plain old charming characters. @_@
Now the plots aren't really that funny, or interesting. And there aren't as many funny or interesting jokes or scenarios anymore. :(

Also, what happenned to the interesting endings? They leave the viewer with the thought that something's missing, as if the end of the episodes just been clipped off.

Also, they do rush episodes. Like Once Bitten and Best Day Ever. ^_~

This is all Derek Drymon's fault. He took over the show when Stephen Hilllenburg left and made it babyish. This is similar to what happened to John K. with "Ren and Stimpy" back in 1993.

I still like season 4.
And about the Sandy being a genius thing: she already was, she did make a rocket in the season 1 episode: Sandy's Rocket.

I still like season 4.
And about the Sandy being a genius thing: she already was, she did make a rocket in the season 1 episode: Sandy's Rocket.
Ya,but I do miss the southern references.

Anyways,acording to rumers Stephen Hilllenburg will be back next sceason

I do see a differnce but it's still the best show ever

All very good points. I really hope that Stephen Hillenberg does come back for Season 5 and 6.

Well, SpongeBob's voice really annoys me now, it sounds completely different than it used to. I think the animation style is kind of different, but I can look past that. And sometimes it seems like they go through episodes really fast.

Maybe this is how hard-core fans of the Simpsons feel about the newer episodes...

The reason the animation is different is because they wanted the animation to be like it was in the movie.

I still like season 4.
Ya,but I do miss the southern references.

Anyways,acording to rumers Stephen Hilllenburg will be back next sceason

I do see a differnce but it's still the best show ever
He never left. He is still executive producer. Anyways, I love Season 4, and I think a lot of people do too, because according to Wikipedia, it said Fear of a Krabby Patty was a huge hit. Plus, if not very many people like season 4, then why were the top 10 episodes of the Best Day Ever marathon season 4 episodes?

Well, the top 10 couintdown must have been rigged. I mean how could Karate Island be the number 1 episode?

Back