What's the hardest game you've played (or beaten)?

SpongeBobfan1987

"Fighting crime, trying to save the world..."
Another game that was tough for me at first, but I've eventually beaten, is "EarthBound," a JRPG that goes by the name "Mother 2" in Japan.

In the final part of the game, the final boss, Giygas can put up a good fight. The key to beating that otherworldly creature is to have Paula use her "pray" power to weaken it...

EarthBound is every bit as funny as it is weird, as it is a 16-bit JRPG in a modern setting, the year 199X, with kids as the main protagonists (including Ness, the game's main protagonist), possessing psychic powers and baseball bats or cooking skillets as weapons as they fight off the scum terrorizing Eagleland, which includes, for example, the Happy Happy Cult and their leader, Carpainter, possessed shoppers, hippies, possessed cars, possessed highway signs, possessed store merchandise, space aliens known as Starmen, the list goes on and on...

I discovered EarthBound while playing my SNES Classic Edition, which I bought at my local Toys "R" Us store back in 2017.

MainlyASpoon

Bomb-Selling Pirate
the Minecraft house you built and forgot about
Another game that was tough for me at first, but I've eventually beaten, is "EarthBound," a JRPG that goes by the name "Mother 2" in Japan.

In the final part of the game, the final boss, Giygas can put up a good fight. The key to beating that otherworldly creature is to have Paula use her "pray" power to weaken it...

EarthBound is every bit as funny as it is weird, as it is a 16-bit JRPG in a modern setting, the year 199X, with kids as the main protagonists (including Ness, the game's main protagonist), possessing psychic powers and baseball bats or cooking skillets as weapons as they fight off the scum terrorizing Eagleland, which includes, for example, the Happy Happy Cult and their leader, Carpainter, possessed shoppers, hippies, possessed cars, possessed highway signs, possessed store merchandise, space aliens known as Starmen, the list goes on and on...

I discovered EarthBound while playing my SNES Classic Edition, which I bought at my local Toys "R" Us store back in 2017.
I've played EarthBound but I never got very far before quitting for another game. Maybe I need to try it again. Giygas is terrifying though

Hawky Super Star

Coming in a mess, going out in style
I can now add another item to my "greatest gaming achievements" list: completely acing the boss fight against Monsoon in Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, on the highest difficulty. Now I have to do the same with Armstrong!

Desktop_Screenshot_2024.09.16_-_06.56.15.38.jpg

Back