Nickelodeon Was SpongeBob warning us about Dan Schneider?

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
This was something that a yahoo article, among a few other sources, was talking about. It is stated that Stephen was secretly trying to warn people about Dan Schneider in the episode "Survival of the Idiots"

They say "Dirty Dan" was a reference to Dan Schneider, as I've been hearing. Since I didn't see anyone else bring it up, thought I would.

This is all just a "theory" as I may put it, it's not confirmed true or false.

What do you think?

Hugs4Softie

It could be, then again if that be the case then there would be jokes about John K...

(Not to offend anyone who worked at Spumco who'd later go on to work on SpongeBob)
Here's what I heard from a Wikipedia article on John K

"Kricfalusi released an apology for his behavior, blaming his mental health and "poor impulse control""

But honestly I've heard that one so many times at this point. It's everyone's excuse

Squidward1999

Balloon Traveler
122 Conch Street, Bikini Bottom (or the USA)
Honestly understandable
I still like Good Burger not like I can't separate the art from artist. (although Good Burger's more a Kenan & Kel project which helps me)

Besides, John Kricfalusi voiced Ren - and people still watch those episodes of Ren & Stimpy where he voices him...

Hugs4Softie

I still like Good Burger not like I can't separate the art from artist. (although Good Burger's more a Kenan & Kel project which helps me)

Besides, John Kricfalusi voiced Ren - and people still watch Ren & Stimpy...
yeah I'm a big "separate the art from the artist person"

Happens with a lot of old music artists I listen to

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
It's almost like Dan Schneider was secretly idolizing Quentin Tarantino behind every kid's back...I knew Nickelodeon to be a weird channel, but some seedy crap goes on behind the scenes that went way over peoples' heads...I'm glad many of those well-respected child actors and actresses got a chance to "blow the whistle" on it...

MainlySpoons

Floating Shopping List
Honestly I feel the Dirty Dan joke was most likely just a throwaway line that people are retroactively linking to Schneider. It does fit very well, but unfortunately the next time I watch this episode I'm going to be thinking of the creep lol.
Dan "Hot Tub Traumatizer" Schneider

Also I can't watch Good Burger the same way again knowing what Dan since he is in that movie
Good Burger hurts a little. I loved that movie growing up, and I only thought it was so much cooler when I learned that the creator of a bunch of my favorite Nick shows was one of the actors. Then I learned exactly who he was a few years ago and it's been hard to go back to it since.

Knowing what I know now it's going to be even harder to return to shows like iCarly and Zoey 101 that up until recently I've considered some of my favorites. Even Disney is on VERY thin ice as I'd say Good Luck Charlie and Jessie are also pretty high up there on my favorites list. Knowing they hired Brian Peck while he was actively on the SO registry blows my mind. I really don't care that they fired him after learning the fact, the fact it happened in the first place is straight up negligence at the very least. Makes me wonder what else went on.

SpongeBobfan1987

"I'm so spice!"
I wonder what Christina Kirkman's side of the story would be...she was on there for only the final two seasons of All That in 2004/2005 after winning that spot in a contest in 2003, replacing Jamie Lynn Spears.

Christina Kirkman now a college graduate, has currently moved back to Los Angeles from Boston and has finished filming a movie in 2016.

Back