Top 10 Saddest Spongebob Scenes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DankeToYou

DO I NOT LOOK HAPPY TO YOU
BabySmitty said:
10) Fools in April
Why:
The first half of the episode starts off in a lighthearted and silly manner- but all of this goes straight to ::dolphin noise:: when Squidward performs an incredibly dangerous and humiliating prank on Spongebob, who runs away crying. It's one of the few times in the show when Spongebob's crying isn't played for comedy somehow (either though melodramatic visuals or an absurd situation.) And it's really sad to see. Squidward finally breaks down and gives him a much-deserved heartfelt apology. Although the twist ending was funny, his episode is remembered for making us want to hug Spongebob.

YES. I love this one and it's one of my favorites ever because of how cute and nice squidward was, but also how sad it was to see spongy to upset.

9) Hooky
Why:
There's one incredibly sad scene from this episode and I feel like no one remembers it. After Mister Krabs believes that Spongebob and Patrick have been taken by "the hooks," Krabs falls to his knees, in utter disbelief, and sobs because he wasn't able to save them in time- he even laments not being able to hug them one last time. There's also this incredibly sad violin music in the background as this happens...

Ehhh. It wasn't too sad to me.
8) Something Smells
Why:
This seems like a really weird entry to my list, but whatever. If you disagree, you can tell me. Although a great majority of this episode is hilarious, there's one scene that always gets me for some reason. When Patrick scoffs in disbelief at the oddly behaving moviegoers, he sees that Spongebob is hunched over in his chair, crying softly to himself. He asks Spongebob what's the matter, to which Spongebob responds, "I can't do it Patrick!" (sniff) "I try..." (sniff) "...and I try..." (sniff) "but... I'm not always as confident as I look! Maybe I should just go back home and hide..." For such a funny episode, this was a pretty sad scene- especially with Tom Kenny's voice acting. You really just want to give Spongebob a hug (even though he smells like onions.)

I agree, cos something smells is my fav ever, it does everything right, including emotion

7) Have You Seen This Snail?
Why:
Isn't it obvious? This is perhaps THE definitive sad Spongebob episode. There are a lot of scenes I could mention, but I'll have to go with the scene of Patrick quietly comforting Spongebob, as they're both sitting on Spongebob's couch. It's one of the few times in the show when Patrick is genuinely being a great friend to Spongebob, and it's very sweet.

HIGHAR

6) Christmas Who?
Why:
This entire conversation...
Spongebob: You were right. This was a stupid holiday. (sobbing) I still want you to have this.
Squidward: ...What? What's this?
Spongebob: A present. (sniff) I made it for you so you wouldn't feel left out when SANTA CAME!
Squidward: Well gee, I uh, you know, I...
Spongebob: You're welcome... (sobs)

Perfect spot.

5) The Spongebob Squarepants Movie (2004)
Why:
The entire scene of our beloved little spongebob and chubby pink starfish slowly, and PAINFULLY, dying from dehydration under the heat lamp. Special mention to Patrick, using the last of his strength, putting Spongebob's arm back onto his body, perhaps in some futile attempt to comfort or save him. Not to mention the both of them singing the Goofy Goober Theme Song with literally their last breath. Somehow, the scene of all the pirates in the theater crying makes it even sadder.

Sure
4) The Secret Box
Why:
For some reason, this episode hit me harder as an adult than it did as a kid. There's a very brief montage of Spongebob and Patrick's entire life together, starting as infants, and progressing to old men, both laughing jovially until the day they die. There's also the "Best Friends Forever Ring" scene. A note to any kids reading this- treasure your friends. You never know when they'll leave.

PERFECT SPOT.
3) Nature Pants
Why:
Spongebob suddenly decides to live a hippie-ish, nomadic life among nature... which means leaving his best friend Patrick behind. Patrick, to say the least, is not happy about this. The image (and sound, good god it's so SAD) of him crying breaks my freaking heart every time I watch this episode. I usually turn the channel. I can't stand hearing Patrick cry in this episode. Too ::dolphin noise:: sad. Poor squishy guy...

Nah, it wasn't sad just bleh.

2) Grandma's Kisses
Why:
What sounds completely and utterly ridiculous and cringeworthy on paper suddenly becomes unnecessarily soul-crushing with Tom Kenny crying it:
"I don't wanna grow up! I want cookies! And milky! I want a sweater with love in the stitches! I wanna wear diapies! I wanna ride in my wagon! I wanna cuddle-wuddle with Mr. Snuffykins! I wanna rocky-rock in my seahorsey! And I want kissy-kissy on my boo-boo! AAAUUGHH!!!"

yeah sure wynaut

1) Dying for Pie
Why:
This episode was... sad when I was a kid, but it didn't start to get really sad until I grew up, and finally experienced the pain of losing a loved one- someone who was like a brother to me. There's a scene near the end, when Squidward is sobbing and bawling his eyes out because he thinks that Spongebob has died. Then he says, "Well... at least I was able to make his last few hours meaningful..."

YES! THIS IS MOST SAD SCENE EVER. I LOVE IT SO MUCH AND IT'S SUCH A SAD SCENE AND UGGH!

Giant Clam
Good ol' Grandma's Kisses... not a dry eye in the world past the nine-minute mark in that episode.

MrPenguin

GAME OVER!
I know I'm bumping an old thread but, the Remembering Spongebob scene in The Sponge Who Could Fly was really sad.

Cha

I love SBM
Please do not bump topics that are so old. It is against the forum rules. If you like to contribute something to this subject, please make a new topic about it. :) Thanks.

Topic Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back