SpongeBob's new Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon revealed!

Clip of the balloon being tested.

Balloon concepts:

Album of photographs from the test run:

SpongeBob+Squarepants+Macy+Thanksgiving+Day+U24RSjdTL0Ml.jpg

i'm just staring at the edges this thing is too perfect

BTW is there a picture of the old balloon from the last time it went around? Just for a comparison?

this might be the only best float at the thanksgiving parade (besides all the other good looking ones)

Cosmic-Loop said:
i'm just staring at the edges this thing is too perfect

BTW is there a picture of the old balloon from the last time it went around? Just for a comparison?
SpongeBob+Squarepants+Nickelodeon+Stars+Take+lQIuGBQWlrhl.jpg

Left arm is deflated and by the time he reached the red carpet/stage area his left foot was deflated as well. Looked pretty bad.

SpongeBob-Macys-Thanksgiving-Parade-2012-550.jpg

I always found the original balloon a little unnerving but the new one is adorable. He's so cute hanging onto his Santa hat like that but it's also practical because now they won't have the floppy arm/leg issue.

17 days until his official debut!

I can't wait! It looks epic! The old one was simple enough but it was getting old anyways. New one is much prettier. And cooler. I'll be watching :)

DadMom AngryPants said:
SpongeBob+Squarepants+Nickelodeon+Stars+Take+lQIuGBQWlrhl.jpg

(old)

(new)
(Yes I'm aware DMAP didn't actually post this, just both pictures)

Wow; there's DEFINATELY improvement here! :D the old one looks 10 years old &__&

DadMom AngryPants said:
Newspaper advertisement for the parade:

I just noticed the Adventure Time and Toothless balloons omgomgomg

The overall quality of the new balloon is so much better. =O

Well, it's about time that SpongeBob got a new balloon!

E.V.I.L said:
I wonder if it's going to snow during the parade...
No snow, but apparently they might not be able to fly the balloons this year because of strong winds. They'll still inflate them tonight, but if the wind on the day is too strong they'll just deflate them again. (Source.)

I hope they get to fly. I've been looking forward to seeing the new balloon in the parade for months and I will be so disappointed if we have to wait another year.

DadMom AngryPants said:
No snow, but apparently they might not be able to fly the balloons this year because of strong winds. They'll still inflate them tonight, but if the wind on the day is too strong they'll just deflate them again. (Source.)

I hope they get to fly. I've been looking forward to seeing the new balloon in the parade for months and I will be so disappointed if we have to wait another year.
The winds in Manhattan will hit a max of 20 mph on Thursday at 8 am according to The Weather Channel, decreasing as the day wears on. Although I wouldn't rely on The Weather Channel completely (Weather Underground is pretty good), they still have a relatively good prediction. NYC is just having a normal pre-winter windchill, and it's probably just being overhyped because most of the US is having cold weather too.. If anything, Upstate is getting all the crazy winds, and NYC has the buildings to stop the wind, so I doubt NYC will be affected too much by the winds. :)

The winds in Manhattan will hit a max of 20 mph on Thursday at 8 am according to The Weather Channel, decreasing as the day wears on. Although I wouldn't rely on The Weather Channel completely (Weather Underground is pretty good), they still have a relatively good prediction. NYC is just having a normal pre-winter windchill, and it's probably just being overhyped because most of the US is having cold weather too.. If anything, Upstate is getting all the crazy winds, and NYC has the buildings to stop the wind, so I doubt NYC will be affected too much by the winds. :)
Says the Weather Channel.

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.

Back