Spongebob's Name In Japanese?

Squidina

Tintenfisch
Funny about Squiddy's name: Ika is the word for either octopus or squid. Squilliam's name also starts with Ika, but I forget the rest..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's probably to play on the fact that Plankton is so small, so they gave him a young boy's voice to make him sound cute. All the little boys in Japanese cartoons sound like that.
That'd make sense.

Furthermore, little boys are often voiced by a woman. Goku, from Dragonball, has a woman's voice (which remains after he's full grown, like in DBZ and GT.)

Take A Step, Inside Your Mind! I'm Stalking you.
Squidina said:
Funny about Squiddy's name: Ika is the word for either octopus or squid. Squilliam's name also starts with Ika, but I forget the rest..

That'd make sense.

Furthermore, little boys are often voiced by a woman. Goku, from Dragonball, has a woman's voice (which remains after he's full grown, like in DBZ and GT.)
So he's voiced by a woman in DBZ... are you talking about just Japan because I'm pretty sure Sean Schemmel is a man. :p

Squidina

Tintenfisch
So he's voiced by a woman in DBZ... are you talking about just Japan because I'm pretty sure Sean Schemmel is a man. :p
I'm talking about his original voice, of course, so yes, the Japanese dub.

I don't remember who did his kid voice in the English dub (though I could find this out easy enough), but his adult voice IS a guy. I believe it's the same case with the German dub, but I've never seen DBZ in German (Dragonball plays here fully uncut and uncensored :D ).

Back