Shows that went through seasonal rot

Big Bang Theory has definitely gone downhill. However, I like Amy as an addition- maybe it helped that I started watching the show through reruns years after it premiered. To me, season 10 was when it really started to rot. It's bland, boring, the writers don't explain things to us, Sheldon lost his personality, and half this season is the same story type over and over. I'm hoping and praying it won't become the Spongebob of CBS, but seeing as they've signed up for at least 2 more seasons plus a spinoff...yeah, uh oh.

I used to think season 9 wasn't good either, but I liked *some* of those episodes better after a rewatch. Still, there were some pretty meh episodes, so I'll say that season 9 was the beginning of the decline.

One could also argue Modern Family isn't as good...then again, I've had the same problems with it since it began.

Original Raw and Uncut said:
Family Guy: In my opinion the show peaked around S5, but then it went slighty downhill when they switched to HD, although newer episodes are still pretty good. Unlike most people, i think modern family guy is pretty good, it's just not as good as the middle seasons.

Adventure Time: Went downhill halfway through Season 5, episodes became soap-opera-ish, symbolic , mellow dramtic and plain bizzare.

Regular Show: Seasons 1 and 2, were top notch. It went downhill towards the end of Season 3, with all the drama episodes. The humor became dry, less adult humor, and the loss of the surrealness of the first two seasons.

Dexter's Laboratory: Season 1 was good, and it reached a pinnacle in S2. 1990s dexters lab is a good show. But when the show got revived in Autumn 2001, things didn't feel right. The revival seaons are still Okay. Although, the revival episodes were dragged out, slow paced, cringey dialogue too, poor writing, some episodes had disturbing visuals. (The 2002 episode "Sore Eyes" from Season 4) And bland child-ish humor. The first two seasons had good humor, decent characterization, and the cel animation was fun to watch. But S3-S4 use digital ink-and-paint. The show also looks odd when digital, since I'm so used to the cels from the first two seasons and Ego Trip. In my opinion this is the only classic-era Cartoon Network show that suffered seasonal rot. The art style change sucked, but the digital colors in S3-S4 do look brighter and more polished.

Ren and Stimpy: Three words; adult party cartoon (The only episode I enjoyed was fire dogs 2)

Drawn Together: Two words; the movie

The Venture Brothers: Older episodes are more entertaining

Johnny Test: Season 1 was okay, it started to suck when they switched to flash.
I don't find that a good explanation as to why you think that show experienced seasonal rot.

HolographicMeatloaf said:
how can sesame street run for 47 seasons and cant run out of ideas?
Because the writers are doing their research. Also pop culture refrences

Back