Season 14 split into two seasons.

spongie33

Pat-a-House Expert
Staff
So according to the Encyclopedia SpongeBobia, Nickelodeon split Season 14 into two seasons. Sammy the Suckerfish was the Season 15 premiere.

Graperpetual Pretzel

Choir Boys bad Something Smells good
This is so stupid. Why would Nickelodeon do this? Is it to save money or something? Are they just filling up the rest of S15 with s14 episodes to end SpongeBob (unlikely SpongeBob is a cash cow)? I heard there were some crew changes after 308 so perhaps that’s why the split happened, to differentiate the pre-split episodes to post-split.

It’s all just very confusing.

MPack

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is so stupid. Why would Nickelodeon do this? Is it to save money or something? Are they just filling up the rest of S15 with s14 episodes to end SpongeBob (unlikely SpongeBob is a cash cow)? I heard there were some crew changes after 308 so perhaps that’s why the split happened, to differentiate the pre-split episodes to post-split.

It’s all just very confusing.
End? SpongeBob?
Nickelodeon being Nickelodeon, and seeing how the little yellow cheese cube is their #1 show, they most likely have no plans on doing that any time ever.

And yeah, it’s the Cuphead Show all over again!

Sponge64

New Kelp City's Mayor
I actually host my doubts over this for two reasons.

One, Sammy Suckerfish/Big League Bob is still listed as under Season 14 by both streaming services and the wiki.

Secondly, the runtime to the Season 14 disc set (being two discs) is just under 5 hours. (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0DFZGPXQV)

Every regular episode has an estimated run time of 11 minutes, and there are 20 of those, which would be 220 minutes. That's 3 hours and 40 minutes.

Kreepaway Kamp got completely leaked. I will not share any spoilers (and I'm starting to think Nick should invest in security), but the total runtime of that special is 44 minutes. I'm going to assume Snow Yellow and the Seven Jellies is 24 minutes long, just by doing some other fancy math with the DVD run time.

That leaves me with aprox. 288 minutes, or 4 hours and 50 minutes. A whole 5 minutes off of what total run time actually is on the DVD, but remember, I was going by averages. The last two episodes to air for S14 will be Kreepaway Kamp, and Snow Yellow. Because of that, I don't have a hard time predicting that Snow Yellow is probably going to be the episode that airs directly before or (most likely) directly after KrK.

Season 15 has NOT premiered yet. Just correcting that for ya. But yes, they're splitting the season. It's dumb, but whatever. At least my S14 predictions can be finished with ease.

Roland D. Plankton

Floating Shopping List
I heard there were some crew changes after 308
No crew changes to my knowledge, based on what I heard it's just that the writers were told to write episodes that are more story or character driven (for 308 and up, well, now 307 with the new packaging order [starting with UpWard])

Graperpetual Pretzel

Choir Boys bad Something Smells good
No crew changes to my knowledge, based on what I heard it's just that the writers were told to write episodes that are more story or character driven (for 308 and up, well, now 307 with the new packaging order [starting with UpWard])
Really? That sounds promising, perhaps they’re listening to criticism. Is there a source?

Back