Nickelodeon Allegedly Creating Animated Film For A Nintendo Series

SpongeBobfan1987

"Fighting crime, trying to save the world..."
Hey Paisonos! It's a Super Nickelodeon Super Show!
by Dan Thompson
Sun 25th Dec 2016, NintendoLife

Back in May, Nintendo announced that they were looking to do theatrical animated films based on a variety of their IP.
This came as a shock exciting many, as Nintendo was known for being very protective of their properties since most early productions received poor responses.
While many are excited to learn which series Nintendo will be adapting, we may have the answer to who will be producing at least one of them. A podcast released on Nickelodeon's YouTube channel has been outed to be allegedly detailing a purported Nintendo property.

Here's a transcription:
We have a project now that we're doing that needs to go unnamed, based on one of the most world famous video games of the last 30 years, that we've had in our shop for twelve years without being able to get it started. But there were great characters and a great story, and eventually we got it going.

The person stating this is Fred Seibert of Frederation Studios animation, his production studio is famous for working on Adventure Time and Fairly Oddparents.
It seems as if he's had a lot of interest and excitement over producing this feature, so it almost goes without saying that it only recently allowed him to get started creating it with his team. The aforementioned announcement of Nintendo finally opening up to animated films, seems to support this thought-process.
Fred's line stating that the title had been, "in our shop for twelve years" unfortunately means that the title will not be Splatoon related. On that note what Nintendo series would you want to be adapted into a feature film? This particular writer would choose Balloon Fight any day of the week.
As for now, all we can do is wait since there's been no confirmation from Nintendo.

EmployeeAMillion said:
In my opinion, I don't think Nintendo's keen on making Spin-Off material for their video games, especially after the Super Mario Bros. movie and the CDi games, which are both considered horrendous by the company. I think they would just see it as "selling out", even if there are good ideas being tossed their way and if they can't be as bad as they could've been 25 years ago. Then again, they could be changing their outlook on this with the Super Mario-themed addition to Universal Studios which they seem enthusiastic about.
The Super Mario Bros. Movie was produced by Hollywood Pictures and Lightmotive with very little input from Nintendo themselves. It was the movie that ruined the careers of its directors, Rocky Morton and Annabel Jenkel. Bob Hoskins hated doing it.

I hope that Nintendo learned from that mistake and others, so that they make better movies an from now on.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
In my opinion, I don't think Nintendo's keen on making Spin-Off material for their video games, especially after the Super Mario Bros. movie and the CDi games, which are both considered horrendous by the company. I think they would just see it as "selling out", even if there are good ideas being tossed their way and if they can't be as bad as they could've been 25 years ago. Then again, they could be changing their outlook on this with the Super Mario-themed addition to Universal Studios which they seem enthusiastic about.
Nintendo prefer their adaptations to be made in Japan, where they can have more control over it. Like the Pokemon anime series and the Animal Crossing anime movie.

TopSheep

twitch chat is a gift from god
BeanoSponge said:
Nintendo prefer their adaptations to be made in Japan, where they can have more control over it. Like the Pokemon anime series and the Animal Crossing anime movie.
Oh, I almost forgot that Animal Crossing had an anime film adaption. It's easily one of the better movies based on video games, even if it was never released outside of Japan.

BeanoSponge

Pokemon Sun and Moon HYPE!
SpongeBobfan1987 said:
What about those DiC cartoons?
I meant more recently. The DiC cartoons and the Mario movie are why they prefer them to be made in Japan.

SpongeBobfan1987

"Fighting crime, trying to save the world..."
BeanoSponge said:
I meant more recently. The DiC cartoons and the Mario movie are why they prefer them to be made in Japan.
How do you know that? They haven't announced anything yet. And besides, the United States (as well as the rest of the video game-playing world) is a bigger market for video game-themed TV and movies than Japan.

Back