MOAR! HD SpongeBob Pictures (You Can Post HD Pictures Too)

image.png

Not from waifu2x, but from NickToons HD which looks pretty decent.
Nice :)

I have a bunch on my computer that I did a while ago (with additional editing). I'm having trouble uploading most of them but here's one for now.
e6ogwh.jpg

GNa2i6R.png

I have a bunch on my computer that I did a while ago (with additional editing). I'm having trouble uploading most of them but here's one for now.
e6ogwh.jpg

GNa2i6R.png

That looks fan-freaking-tastic!☺ Where did you screenshot from?
opkNRZm.png

ZJULWfK.png

PNnxYzV.png

LARRY22 said:
That looks fan-freaking-tastic!☺ Where did you screenshot from?
I don't remember where I got the original screenshot from but it's from Spongebob B.C.

LARRY22 said:
I know, but which place, Hulu, iTunes, Blu-Ray?
I can't remember, I think I just got it from google images. I completely re-colored Spongebob and Mr. Krabs in Photoshop and did a ton of clean up.

JerryTheSnail said:
I can't remember, I think I just got it from google images. I completely re-colored Spongebob and Mr. Krabs in Photoshop and did a ton of clean up.
Nice, how did you make the outlines so good on SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs? Did you redraw the lines?

EDIT: Props on making this look so real :) You can barely tell it was Photoshopped.

JerryTheSnail said:
I don't remember where I got the original screenshot from but it's from Spongebob B.C.
I'm pretty sure I made that one. I got the original screenshot in iTunes.

ExtraAbsorbent said:
I'm pretty sure I made that one. I got the original screenshot in iTunes.
What? No I made it lol. I think he was asking where I got the original picture. It was just a random screenshot from google images, regular TV quality. I did the whole waifu thing, cleaned it up and made it look sharper, and completely re-colored it myself. I had the file on my computer for a while so I thought I'd post it here.
LARRY22 said:
Nice, how did you make the outlines so good on SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs? Did you redraw the lines?

EDIT: Props on making this look so real :) You can barely tell it was Photoshopped.
I added some black to where the outlines looked blurry or muddy.

Okay, I used a method, thanks to JerryTheSnail and ExtraAbsorbent, where I can color these digitally, and honestly, it works really well. Obviously I should upscale them first, but still, it looks really good :) it's way better and more productive than upscaling them, and then say I'm done, but instead of coloring them, I use the fill to to make it faster after using the magic wand tool.

Compare:
vBl7LDt.jpg

KYe419l.png

(Deleted this Season 1 picture because it sucks)

JerryTheSnail said:
What? No I made it lol. I think he was asking where I got the original picture. It was just a random screenshot from google images, regular TV quality. I did the whole waifu thing, cleaned it up and made it look sharper, and completely re-colored it myself. I had the file on my computer for a while so I thought I'd post it here.
I added some black to where the outlines looked blurry or muddy.
Oh, I think I see what happened now. You might've took my upscaled image from the original post and painted over it, wasn't a random screenshot from Google. :P

Mine: http://i.imgur.com/v67hWyE.png
Yours: http://oi68.tinypic.com/e6ogwh.jpg

ntEB7jG.png

why upscale Season 1?? it's HD on iTunes, and, Seasons 2-8 air on Nick and Nicktoons in HD upscales (in which, me and my friend are making custom blu-ray seasons with) so i'll post those title cards ASAp

JerryTheSnail said:
Ah, that's it! My memory is so cloudy at this point lol

A few more:
zcgXkrz.png
mnDAzlc.png
hUVHed8.png
those actually, look amazing, do some more :)
LARRY22 said:
Okay, I used a method, thanks to JerryTheSnail and ExtraAbsorbent, where I can color these digitally, and honestly, it works really well. Obviously I should upscale them first, but still, it looks really good :) it's way better and more productive than upscaling them, and then say I'm done, but instead of coloring them, I use the fill to to make it faster after using the magic wand tool.

Compare:
vBl7LDt.jpg

KYe419l.png

nIEEAF0.png
that season 1 upscale looks horrible, only the season 2-8 episodes look good upscaled since they're animated digitally, luckily for me, I have the first season on iTunes HD, and will rip and send snapshots here asap

Back