McDonald's SpongeBob Squarepants Happy Meal toys are now available in North America.

cwn

Porous Freak
The commercials suck, but I kind of want a toy. I collect stuff like that.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
They look pretty cool.. maybe I'll stop by McDonalds and pick one up

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I've been collecting pictures of the toys, boxes, other packaging and advertisements. I'll post some of them here once I've organised them a little more. The employees have to wear Spongebob hats and they have big Spongebob stickers in the windows. :P

Cha

I love SBM
Lol fencing Mr. Krabs. I want that one!

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Was messing around out of the house today with some friends. We went to McDonalds. After seeing those advertisements outside the place, I knew this was a one-time opportunity. I had to get one of those toys, bro. :P I had to order a Mighty Kids Meal and get a burger smaller than the size of my fist, but it was worth it. :lol: Some pics included below. I put them in spoiler tags because they're absolutely huge:
Just the posters outside the McDonald's:
9tjwT.jpg

Ss2Vb.jpg

If you look closely, you can see me taking the picture in the reflection from the window. I look like such a nerd, haha :P

A pic of the toys in the display case:
HwzGS.jpg

A pic of the packaging. Here, it was just a generic Spongebob face.
zXfMM.jpg

On the other side, there were some cutouts.
8FcSf.jpg

Also, according to McDonalds, PatBob is canon. :P "I love you Spongebob!" indeed. And, the event everyone hasn't been waiting for.....THE TOY! Lifting two, count em', two.........Marshmallows.
AsW4z.jpg

Seriously though, I liked how it was a toy reference to Ripped Pants. The toy itself was just a cheap wind-up, but it was still pretty cool. Wait, what's this? Spongebob is about to lift the marshmallows? Let's watch this momentous occasion!
cdnPx.jpg

Oh. Guess not. :P
Yeah, just thought I would share that with you guys. Sadly, I didn't see any of the employees wearing Spongebob hats like DMAP mentioned. It would've been awesome, though.

EDIT: I love how the SB logo is pink in that promo :P

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Haha, I was going to say something about "I love you Spongebob" when I saw your picture but you beat me to it. :P

Thanks for getting the pictures, Jibbix! Really cool.
Anybody else notice that are using really nice promo art for this promotion? Less of that "ugly off-model 3D Spongebob" stuff.

Some more pictures:
1-5.jpg

2-3.jpg

3-3.jpg

4-3.jpg

5-3.jpg

6-3.jpg

door.jpg

hat-1.jpg

patbob.jpg

toys.jpg

cwn

Porous Freak
Man, they really want people to know they have Spongebob toys.

eliugra

On-and-Off SBManiac
Maybe I've been away from Nickelodeon and/or McDonalds for too long, but who are the characters in that ad that aren't Spongebob? Kinda looks like Klasky Csupó (Rugrats, Ahh Real Monsters, Rocket Power, etc.) animation.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Maybe I've been away from Nickelodeon and/or McDonalds for too long, but who are the characters in that ad that aren't Spongebob? Kinda looks like Klasky Csupó (Rugrats, Ahh Real Monsters, Rocket Power, etc.) animation.

I think they're just the characters that McDonald's uses to advertise Happy Meals now.

cwn

Porous Freak
I doubt it. Almost every toy company thinks that they can get more money by basing it off of Spongebob.

Back