Halibut Briefly Reviews SB Title Cards

MadFred

ooooooofy day
I agree with all of your opinions so far.

My guess for your favorite title card from each season:
Season 1

(Everyone love this one)
Season 2
(Beautiful, unique font that is related to the episode itself+blue, your favorite color)
Season 3
(You said that it's your favorite title card not a long time ago)
Season 4
(I thought about Fear of a Krabby Patty as a possible nominee, but the colors in this one are much more pleasant to the eye)

Okay, The rest are hard.
But am I right so far?

Sweat

Banished
Ohad said:
I agree with all of your opinions so far.

My guess for your favorite title card from each season:
Season 1

(Everyone love this one)
Season 2
(Beautiful, unique font that is related to the episode itself+blue, your favorite color)
Season 3
(You said that it's your favorite title card not a long time ago)
Season 4
(I thought about Fear of a Krabby Patty as a possible nominee, but the colors in this one are much more pleasant to the eye)

Okay, The rest are hard.
But am I right so far?
To be honest, I'm crossing the bridges when I come to them, so I don't know yet.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Ooh, this sounds interesting. I'll follow. And, your reviews are agreeable. Of course, season 1 was the season with the most outdated animation and artwork, so that explains why you're giving them low ratings.

Sweat

Banished
300px-Mermaid_Man_and_Barnacle_Boy.jpg

Font: Like always, the font is bland and not very interesting whatsoever. +1
Color: The color with the light blue and purple along with black looks pretty nice. +3
Background: The dark background has smooth lines that makes it look good while not entirely interesting. +2
Uniqueness: Considering 4 other title cards following this one will look exactly the same, this title card is only unique in the respect of being the first one of the kind. +2

Final Score: 8 points The title card looks nice despite following ones that are exactly the same later on. D
300px-Pickles.jpg

Font: The background is large and looks relatively organized. +2
Color: My 2 favorite colors mixed together makes something quite pleasing to my eyes at least. +3
Background: The background is the usual "stock pattern" that has nothing special, but the dark tone is nice. +2
Uniqueness: While the card is pleasing to the eye, it's not unique in really any way at all. +1

Final Score: 8 points The title card has some great colors, but the usual season 1 lack of originality in the card. D
300px-Hall_Monitor.jpg

Font: The font is very boring and normal with no outstandingness. +1
Color: The orange and the light blue doesn't look like the best in my opinion, but it's at least complimentary. +2
Background: The light flowers and tiki heads is very, very boring. +1
Uniqueness: The tiki heads is nice, but that's the farthest I can go with it. +2

Final Score: 6 points The title card is VERY boring and not interesting at the slightest. F
300px-Jellyfish_Jam.jpg

Font: The font doesn't look amazing, but the way it's assembled is strangely charming. +2
Color: The blue background and orange text is very pleasing on the eyes and complimentary. +4
Background: The dark blue with jellyfish is nice and charming. +3
Uniqueness: The uniqueness is lower because of the carbon copy of Jellyfishing, but the jellyfish are still a nice touch. +2

Final Score: 11 points One of the better title card of the season, it's very charming even if it's a copy of Jellyfishing. D
300px-Sandy%27s_Rocket.jpg

Font: The surprisingly unique font on this title card, while a font that is usually used, looks amazing in the way it's assembled on the title card. +4
Color: The yellow upon red looks very "extreme" looking and fits well with the episode. +3
Background: The background is a basic background, but it still compliments well. +2
Uniqueness: The font is very unique prior to other fonts, but that's sadly it. +2

Final Score: 11 points The font on this title card is a very large highlight for sure. D
300px-Squeaky_Boots.jpg

Font: The font isn't as used as others, but that doesn't make up for it being simplisticly ugly. +2
Color: The green and red usually works well, but the overall dullness of the scheme isn't great. +2
Background: The background is rare, but it is sadly VERY ugly nevertheless. +1
Uniqueness: The overall title card is the ultra-typical title card that's panned around season 1. +1

Final Score: 6 points Sadly, this title card, especially, the color scheme, is very very ugly and is spoiled milk for your eyes. F
300px-Nature_Pants.jpg

Font: Honestly, the font is jumbled and usual, despite the nice color. +1
Color: The very bright color scheme, unlike the one in Pizza Delivery, is extremely pleasant to the eyes. +4
Background: The background is innocent and light in a good way, once again, unlike Pizza Delivery. +3
Uniqueness: The title card may be very bright, but it's not the outstandingly unique title card. +2

Final Score: 10 points The colors may be wonderfully bright, but the innocence of the title card doesn't excuse it being a tad boring. D
300px-Opposite_Day.jpg

Font: The text is very dull, and the fact that it's plain black doesn't help manners. +1
Color: Plain black among painfully ugly white, yellow, and dull orange/brown is extremely hard to look at. +1
Background: The background is super basic and nothing fun at all. +1
Uniqueness: This title card isn't unique at all, and it isn't interesting in any way. +1

Final Score: 4 points This title card is the epitome of ugly title cards. Its extremely ugly font and colors make it one of the worst ever. F
300px-Culture_Shock.jpg

Font: The font is surprisingly unique, but still a tad boring despite that. +2
Color: Like Sandy's Rocket, the yellow on red looks very eye-pleasing. +3
Background: The background is basic and nothing special, but the tikis are a bit 'odd.' +2
Uniqueness: While pleasing on the eye, the title card is hardly unique. +1

Final Score: 8 points Despite the lack of uniqueness whatsoever, this title card is still pretty pleasing on the eyes. D
300px-FUN.jpg

Font: The font isn't anything special, but the largeness and the contrast to the background really catches your eye in a good way. +3
Color: The light green/blue/light green among the plain black background shouldn't look awesome, but the high amount of contrast really does. +3
Background: The pitch black background sadly is very plain, but is still in good contrast. +2
Uniqueness: While the black background is very plain, it's very unique compared to the jumbles of crap that a lot of the season 1 title cards are. +3

Final Score: 11 points The high contrast makes this title card drastically different from others of the season, and that's for the best. D

Best Title Cards So Far...
=1= Bubblestand (12 points)
=1= Jellyfishing (12 points)
=3= Sandy's Rocket (11 points)
=3= F.U.N. (11 points)
=3= Jellyfish Jam (11 points)

Worst Title Cards So Far...
1. Opposite Day (4 points)
2. Boating School (5 points)
=3= Naughty Nautical Neighbors (6 points)
=3= Tea at the Treedome (6 points)
=3= Squeaky Boots (6 points)
=3= Hall Monitor (6 points)

MadFred

ooooooofy day
So far, I only disagree with Opposite Day. I think that the color should get a big higher rating- It's not any of my favorite colors, but it's an interesting dark mix.

Besides that, though, I agree with pretty much anything. Can't wait for the next one!

BlueberryFieldsForever

crazy little thing called weed
I highly disagree with:
Help Wanted
Boating School
Jellyfish Jam
F. U. N.
Mermaidman and Barnacleboy
Pizza Delivery

Should be higher

opinion only :)

Bubblestand should be higher too.

SpongyDevotee

Giant Clam
I LOVE this topic so much! It is such a great idea! I'm definitely following and continuing reading all of your title card reviews! :)

I think the only one I disagree with is Ripped Pants, as I think it's looks pretty eye-pleasing, and shouldn't get an F. But that's ok.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
When's the next one? I can't wait for your review on Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost, SB-129 and Suds.

Sweat

Banished
Ohad said:
When's the next one? I can't wait for your review on Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost, SB-129 and Suds.
Please be patient. My next installment will be on the weekend so I have more time to do it.

Sweat

Banished
300px-MuscleBob_BuffPants.jpg

Font: The font is absolutely nothing special. +1
Color: The ugly brown and unusual purple makes this appalling to look at. +1
Background: It may be ugly, but the weights are a nice touch. +2
Uniqueness: The weights make it quite unique, but otherwise, not much. +3

Final Score: 7 points This title card may be somewhat unique, but it's amazingly ugly. F

300px-Squidward_the_Unfriendly_Ghost.jpg

Font: The font's placement is nicely organized, but that's it. +2
Color: The ghostly green, black, and blue make a very wonderful color combination. +4
Background: The background's darkness and spookiness are very nice. +3
Uniqueness: Once again, the darkness of the logo makes it look quite cool. +2

Final Score: 11 points The darkness is very cool, but the logo isn't spectacular on its own. D

300px-The_Chaperone.jpg

Font: The font is sloppy, grossly bright yellow, and a painful mess. +1
Color: The yellow may be nauseating, but the bright blue is very nice. +3
Background: The background is literally just a bright blue background with darker blue lines. +1
Uniqueness: There really is nothing unique about this title card other than the bubbles. +2

Final Score: 7 points Horrible yellow and no lack of uniqueness makes this a really bad title card. F

300px-Employee_of_the_Month.jpg

Font: Once again, the font is a real thumbs-down. +1
Color: I think you guys already know my love for yellow, blue, and purple. +4
Background: The Krabby Patties are quite cool, but nothing spectacular. +2
Uniqueness: Other than the Krabby Patties, there really is no uniqueness in this title card. +2

Final Score: 9 points The color is the main highlight of the title card. D

300px-Scaredy_Pants.jpg

Font: The font fits the subject matter of the episode pretty well. +2
Color: The spooky blue and orange with the bright yellow looks very pleasing to the eyes +3
Background: The jellyfish and pumpkins are a real support for the title card. +3
Uniqueness: This card is very unique for the episode itself. +4

Final Score: 12 points I can't help but love the charmingness of this logo. C

300px-I_Was_a_Teenage_Gary.jpg

Font: The yellow outline on the font and the fact that it's diagonal is quite nice. +3
Color: The color scheme of cool and warm colors is quietly complimentary. +3
Background: The tiki heads make this background honestly sort of ugly. +2
Uniqueness: Other than the tiki heads and diagonal font, this title card isn't particularly unique. +2

Final Score: 10 points The tiki heads are ugly, but the rest of the title card is quite good. D

300px-SB-129.jpg

Font: The reflection and basicness make the font very, very cool. +4
Color: The chrome style with the black and purple essence of outer space are extremely complimentary. +4
Background: The outer space style looks way more than cool. +4
Uniqueness: This title card is so unique, there's a robot voice SAYING the title card with the music. +5

Final Score: 17 points With a season full of bad title cards, this is one of the best of the whole series for sure. B

300px-Karate_Choppers.jpg

Font: The font is once again the generic screwed up font of season 1. +1
Color: I find the title card being all cool colors very nice. +3
Background: The cut up bamboo is a really nice touch. +3
Uniqueness: Overall, the title card looks really intense. +3

Final Score: 10 points This title card looks very intense and fits the episode well. D

300px-Sleepy_Time.jpg

Font: The font is generic, but at least it looks relaxing. +2
Color: Unlike Karate Choppers, this title card has a good composition of cool colors. +4
Background: The background is very generic, even though I do like the darkness. +2
Uniqueness: Other than the darkness, this title card isn't super special. +2

Final Score: 10 points The relaxing nighttime feel of the title card makes a very likeable one. D

300px-Suds.jpg

Font: The bubble fond is an extremely welcoming change. I really like it. +3
Color: The composition of color honestly isn't great. +1
Background: The small circles that represent bubbles are nice touch. +2
Uniqueness: The concept of bubbles in the title card is very playful. +3

Final Score: 9 points The title card is very welcoming even if the color is sort of ugly. D

Best Title Cards So Far...
1. SB-129 (17 points)
=2= Bubblestand (12 points)
=2= Jellyfishing (12 points)
=2= Scaredy Pants (12 points)
=5= Sandy's Rocket (11 points)
=5= F.U.N. (11 points)
=5= Jellyfish Jam (11 points)
=5= Squidward, the Unfriendly Ghost (11 points)

Worst Title Cards So Far...
1. Opposite Day (4 points)
2. Boating School (5 points)
=3= Naughty Nautical Neighbors (6 points)
=3= Tea at the Treedome (6 points)
=3= Squeaky Boots (6 points)
=3= Hall Monitor (6 points)

MadFred

ooooooofy day
It looks like the title cards are just getting better and better!

The next one will have title cards like Arrgh!, Neptune's Spatula and Hooky, so I can't wait.

Back