Creepypasta: Squid's Visit - Alternate Version

MadFred

ooooooofy day
Okay, honest review.

First of all, this is amazing.
I'm not joking, this creepy pasta is actually creepy, mysterious and well written.

The one thing that bothers me, though, is the cliche factor.
The plot of the story- Someone finds a DVD in a store with a messed up version of a cartoon, that's full with murders, mental problems and blood, and he find out that it was an unaired version of an episode. Eventually, he said that the DVD is haunted.

That plot is the same pattern that people use to write about half of the lost episode stories.

Something that would make it more thrilling, for an example, is that the story starts with the news reporting about a man who commited suicide- Let's call him John. Two weeks after the news report, the main character gets an email, from the person who killed himself-

To: (Email of main character)

Hello!
I thought you might like this episode. It's called Squid's Visit.
Watch it.
Watch it now.
(download link)

-----
Also, I feel like that the end was a bit too rushed. The character says, "The DVD is too rare, and it might haunt you."
The haunting factor is less scary when you remind it in a second. Make it a development, like that the main character wakes up in Spongebob's basement a few days after that.

Again, those are very minor remarks. Overall, The story is amazing, and I can't wait to read more of your creations.

Back