Blaming Paul Tibbitt for new SpongeBob

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
There are quite a few people who blame Paul Tibbitt for the decline of SpongeBob and I don't really agree with that. While he might be a little bit responsible for it, I think the main problem is the writers and Vincent Waller. While he did a great job with Ren and Stimpy, having him as the creative director isn't a great idea because gross-out doesn't really belong in SpongeBob. The writers of the show are more of a problem because some of them write jokes that their in the minority of finding funny. I do think Paul Tibbitt is responsible for hiring those writers, but out of all the post-movie episodes he wrote only 2 episodes that weren't good.

Do you think Paul Tibbitt is responsible for SpongeBob's decline or do you think someone else is?

Sweat

Banished
E.V.I.L said:
Blaiming Paul Tibbit on New SpongeBob is like blaming Obama on the winter. @_@
It sounds silly, but that makes so much sense.

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
This is Urban Dictionary's description of him:

"The worst writer and director E V E R! He took over the show Spongebob Squarepants after the movie and season 3 and has changed so much that the characters and series is almost unrecognizable.

The show used to be entertaining for kids, teens, and adults, but now it has been turned into something that only young children can enjoy. The wit, dark humor, and intuendos are all gone. The characters personalities have all changed. They are now all complete idiots. Patrick was before, but he at least had a personality to go along with his stupidness.

Spongebob himself, is NOWHERE near the same he used to be. Now he is just annoying and stupid.

But don't blame Paul Tibbit, he is just a bad writer and director. The one to blame is Stephen Hillenburg (The one who gave Paul his job). Stephen created Spongebob, but he doesn't care about his show that he created. He hates Spongebob and said he's not coming back."

I swear I'm not joking. WHY IS IT THAT MANY PEOPLE BLAME PAUL TIBBET? Sure, he wrote a few bad episodes, but it's not his fault that we got bad episodes from after the movie. And to say he's a bad writer feels a little silly, considering the fact that not only did he write only 9 episodes from after the movie, he also wrote MANY older episodes that many people consider to be great:

Season 1
Season 2
Season 3

I dare you to tell me that he's a cruddy writer after seeing his name next to many of your favorite episodes.

OWM

XD
I can't even read the Urban Dictionary posts without cringing a little. I do hate how he's being treated as Satan by pre-movie nostalgics, but the man himself doesn't seem too worried about it and even made jokes about it on his Twitter.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
New SpongeBob haters are very dim-witted, considering the fact that they don't remember/know that Paul wrote MANY OLD EPISODES! They are just a bunch of selfish, inconsiderate idiots who just troll on the internet and insult someone as inocent as Paul. I don't know if these people actually are teenagers, or mentally retarded babies crying over their gosh-darned childhood. @_@

ThePineappleLord

Moby Dollar
I don't blame Paul Tibbitt for the show's drastic decline in quality, I think that it was a collective effort.

Amphitrite said:
New SpongeBob haters are very dim-witted, considering the fact that they don't remember/know that Paul wrote MANY OLD EPISODES! They are just a bunch of selfish, inconsiderate idiots who just troll on the internet and insult someone as inocent as Paul. I don't know if these people actually are teenagers, or mentally retarded babies crying over their gosh-darned childhood. @_@
Hypocrisy thy name is Amphitrite.

crushingmayhem

Krabby Patty Burglar
Shows change and evolve, they're obviously not gonna stay the same forever. Mostly because people will eventually grow tired of the same ideas and that will require a change on how the show is meant to be. Like they say, nothing lasts forever.

Amphitrite said:
WOW!!! This is a harsh comment in my opinion. I think post-movie haters is getting too much hatrid lately. Even though I like post-movie, I can totally understand why they hate post-movie era and I respect their opinion. Also I wouldn't even say new SpongeBob haters are selfish and complate idiots because they are not, they are just telling their opinions about post-movie era but some of them can be very harsh on post-movie writers and Paul Tibbit and that angers me too. Post-movie is not that great for me either. There are couple of things that I don't like in the era and most of my least favorite episodes comes from the era.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
SB_DW_Fan said:
WOW!!! This is a harsh comment in my opinion. I think post-movie haters is getting too much hatrid lately. Even though I like post-movie, I can totally understand why they hate post-movie era and I respect their opinion. Also I wouldn't even say new SpongeBob haters are selfish and complate idiots because they are not, they are just telling their opinions about post-movie era but some of them can be very harsh on post-movie writers and Paul Tibbit and that angers me too. Post-movie is not that great for me either. There are couple of things that I don't like in the era and most of my least favorite episodes comes from the era.
You're right. Sometimes it's hard to handle opinions when they're taken too far. I mean, they're all acting like they'll die because SpongeBob isn't as good as he used to be. It gets very annoying. :thumbdown:

HarryPotterLives

Jaehee is Baehee
Amphitrite has a point, but perhaps the wording wasn't the best. It's fine to hate post-movie and I completely understand why people do, I'm not sure if I can really call myself a post-movie fan either since it's mostly a mixed bag for me. What I find annoying is when people blindly hate any post-movie episode simply because it's post-movie and can't give credit when it's due. Even if you hate post-movie as a whole, I find it hard to believe that you couldn't find at least one episode that you enjoyed from it. And it's also annoying when post-movie haters are as misinformed as the ones that blame Paul Tibbitt for everything. If they're going to hate on it, they should find some legitimate reasons.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
This conversation I had with Casey Alexander recently got linked on Deviantart and it just reminded me that I have to be much more careful with what I discuss with artists in a public forum. Lots of people that will use things like that as fuel for the fire.

DiabolicalGenius

Mad Scientist/ Evil Genius
iyamtheman72 said:
This conversation I had with Casey Alexander recently got linked on Deviantart and it just reminded me that I have to be much more careful with what I discuss with artists in a public forum. Lots of people that will use things like that as fuel for the fire.
You talked to Casey Alexander?! Wow you're lucky.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
DiabolicalGenius said:
You talked to Casey Alexander?! Wow you're lucky.
I just politely asked him some stuff and I was surprised at how open he was to talk to me. Seems like a nice dude from what I can tell. Been very fortunate to have that experience with other people in animation though there are still plenty of people that I'd ideally like to know more.

Back