• In an effort to mitigate against spambots and weak passwords, we're implementing two-factor authentication. The set-up process should be automatic and simple.
    Please contact the staff if you have problems. More information in this thread. Thank you!

Annoying Commercials

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Talk about some annoying commercials you've seen. I'm sick of seeing the Liberty Mutual pie eating contest and nostalgia commercials online

SpongeVol93

Floating Shopping List
When I watch SpongeBob on Nick, I feel like they play the same commercials during every commercial break. The Lunchable commercial with the kids and the trojan horse (?) seems to show every single commercial break. That one and the one with Tony the Tiger and Young Dylan (I think that's his name?).

TheSorcerer

Imitation Krab
When I watch SpongeBob on Nick, I feel like they play the same commercials during every commercial break. The Lunchable commercial with the kids and the trojan horse (?) seems to show every single commercial break. That one and the one with Tony the Tiger and Young Dylan (I think that's his name?).
Yes! Yes! I don't like the Lunchables commercial either! It's Pretzels is annoying!

TheSorcerer

Imitation Krab
In the fall of 2014 Boomerang would play this Disney Planes Fire and Rescue commercial in nearly every single commercial break all the time. They were only beginning to air ads at the time and it was seemingly poor considering what they did to the Planes commercial.

TheSorcerer

Imitation Krab
Sorry for spam, there's just so many other annoying commercials I could think of. Such as this Gerber Life commercial from the 2000's that Boomerang gave for many years since 2014. And many business related commercials such as Chewy.com and Proactiv. Boomerang loved spamming serious commercials and it almost ruined my experience with the channel during my middle and high school years. For Nickelodeon, the only type of commercial I could think of is Lunchables.

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
Haha that trojan Lunchables commercial has been playing for years it feels like!

TheSpongyKnight

Heir to the Throne of King Neptune
Hate to change the commercial subject, but here's my honest opinion:

Me: I hate that commercial (referencing the commercial below)!
Annoying Kid Announcer: Have more fun, comfort and style with Skechers.
Me: Sure it is.
Shadow Tracer: Turn around!
Me: Nuh-uh!
Tracer: Just admit that you hate it! (everyone is yelling at me to admit the fact but I don't)
Me: You must think I'm pretty dumb, huh?
All: Yes! Turn around!
Me: No.
All: Turn around!
Me: Nuh-uh!
All: (chanting) Turn around! Turn around!
Me: Nuh-uh. I'm gonna say this once and I'm not going to say it again, so pay attention. To heck with the "Folding Bed" Skechers Memory Foam commercial!!! I am not, I repeat, not going to bring up a discussion for Skechers Memory Foam for any reason... ever!

No, really, in my opinion: Three kids folding their bed magically = Memory Foam (and a fine for property damage)

There was that one Reinyn + Conner episode where the kids from that commercial appeared and mentioned that the memory foam was protected by law. Zackary tried to turn it back into a bed only to get arrested and thrown in Negativitron Jail forever. But 3 days later, he was tossed into a volcano for his execution because he tried to escape. (I know, should've put Reinyn + Conner in my imaginary stuff list, there's a topic for that: just click here!)

Now back to the subject: Yeah, the Lunchables "It's Pretzels" AD is starting to get on my last nerve!!!

JackFruitB

That one cartoon and gaming fan.
I mostly hate that Cars for kids ad i always hear it on the radio and its getting really annoying

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
There is something so freaking haunting about members from the time I was on here in 2014 recording a lot of commercials having memories of finding stuff like the Planes ads annoying, which I have on tape.

I'll explain why some of these ads air so much. Well, this has always been a common recurring thing since the dawn of time for television, the problem is, it's gotten worse in the past 5 years or so because of television (Cable tv especially) becoming a dead way of viewing television, I don't know how streaming ads are like since most people buy streaming services without ads, but it's definitely has less companies paying for advertising on tv that it's more common for the kids networks to spam the same ads NOW than it was in 2014, when I thought it was annoying, but back there way more ads, and in the 00's, there was way more than the 2010's.

It's very sad to me seeing the death of cable, I always wanted it to coexist with streaming, and it is still, but I don't know for how long. I sound old and I'm a 22 year old Gen z'er ffs...

Back