A new Spongebob movie?

wambo69

Bomb-Selling Pirate
i really hope there is a movie. and with the movie there will probably be a bunch of advertising and promotons which equal lots of sb stuff(: and burger king will probably be doing a promotion as well

luvsSpongebob

Floating Shopping List
Ok...you guys may kill me, but I was kinda dissapointed with the Spongebob movie. Mostly cause they used a different King Neptune. I like the way the origianl King Neptune was drawn and I'm pretty sure that John O'Hurley would have voiced the character again. Does anyone know why they made a whole new Neptune?

Therefore, I'm not sure about another movie. Unless certain people are involved...like Sherm Cohen, C.H. Greenblatt and Aaron Springer.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Paul Tibbitt said:
Will there ever be a second Spongebob film?
"I think that they are talking about doing that, but I haven't signed up for anything. We just feel like we've told so many stories, and Spongebob exists so well in this short 11-minute form. It is a huge challenge, and was a huge challenge, to make a 75-minute movie. I wouldn't say no, but I don't know if there will be another one."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/interviews/a312387/paul-tibbitt-spongebob-squarepants.html

wambo69

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I have a feeling that theyre going to make one, but I also have a feeling that if they do, it won't be for a while and it will probably be the end of the series.

MovieMurderer

Imitation Krab
God, I hope so! It would take me on a trip through nostalgia alley... watching it on TV, unless in the correct atmosphere, just doesn't. Although, what will for sure is all of the marketing for one. I loved that stuff, the trailers, the website with the games including the 3D patty wagon, exploring Bikini Bottom, which was later hacked by a SpongeBob fan... I miss all that stuff. I know it's cheesy, but... I love it. I want it again. And I hope it's like the Simpsons Movie, where they get all of the original writers plus the creator to write the movie... that would be FANTASTIC.

Although, I must add that I actually do want it to continue off of the first one, unlike others in this thread. I remember being... 8 or 9 or whatever and when "Fear of a Krabby Patty" and all of the other Season 4 episodes premiered, I was really disappointed that there was no KK2, no SpongeBob manager, though I was glad Plankton wasn't in jail, because his storylines are great. I would like to see Plankton get outta jail, and just see how everything plays off of the first one. It seems like there could be a great story afterwards, but the producers felt it was a good place to end the series (but Nick didn't).

And I hope they don't do another break-the-4th-wall thing like the Pirates at the movie theater thing. It was unfunny and forced.

wambo69

Bomb-Selling Pirate
God, I hope so! It would take me on a trip through nostalgia alley... watching it on TV, unless in the correct atmosphere, just doesn't. Although, what will for sure is all of the marketing for one. I loved that stuff, the trailers, the website with the games including the 3D patty wagon, exploring Bikini Bottom, which was later hacked by a SpongeBob fan... I miss all that stuff. I know it's cheesy, but... I love it. I want it again. And I hope it's like the Simpsons Movie, where they get all of the original writers plus the creator to write the movie... that would be FANTASTIC.

Although, I must add that I actually do want it to continue off of the first one, unlike others in this thread. I remember being... 8 or 9 or whatever and when "Fear of a Krabby Patty" and all of the other Season 4 episodes premiered, I was really disappointed that there was no KK2, no SpongeBob manager, though I was glad Plankton wasn't in jail, because his storylines are great. I would like to see Plankton get outta jail, and just see how everything plays off of the first one. It seems like there could be a great story afterwards, but the producers felt it was a good place to end the series (but Nick didn't).

And I hope they don't do another break-the-4th-wall thing like the Pirates at the movie theater thing. It was unfunny and forced.

I agree with you. Im also nostalgic and I'd love it if they made another movie, not just for the movie itself but all the promotions and advertising that comes with it. Like the last one, with trailers, spongebob bk kids meals, spongebob slurpies at 711, spongebob food at the grocery store, games, and whatever else they come up with, I miss all that from the last movie they made. and just seeing it on the big screen. i really love going to the movies but sometimes its just not worth paying 10 dollars for a movie that you would rather wait for to come out on dvd. but since i love sb so much i would for sure go to see it. I didnt even get to see the last one in theaters. I honestly do think they are going to make one but I think it will be the ending of the series maybe thats why theyre a little hesitant on making one because its been a while since the last one. I think that if there is another series, since they already signed up for season 9, then it would probably be after that I would think. I also hope that they do it in 3D, I think that would be pretty cool to see sb in 3d

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
Something tells me that there will be a second movie, it wouldn't surprise me. Many of the SpongeBob fans today never got the chance to see it on the big screen. I for one would love to see SpongeBob on the big screen again. :D

wambo69

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Something tells me that there will be a second movie, it wouldn't surprise me. Many of the SpongeBob fans today never got the chance to see it on the big screen. I for one would love to see SpongeBob on the big screen again. :D

I agree with you but I also have a feeling that if they do make a movie it will probably be the end of the series... :(

wambo69

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I'd be alright with that. I mean, it has to end somewhere. Plus, the new episodes are pretty lacking.

I know, I just hate endings in general, but I think a movie would be a pretty good way to end it. Plus it has been going on for like 11 years and by the time theres a movie i would say around maybe 12 or 13 years. And it was suppose to have ended years ago but didn't so having it last this long is pretty amazing since most cartoons last three or four years usually , and thats just when theyre really good.

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
If there was another movie I'd want it to be a continuance of the 1st movie... see how SpongeBob does as the manager

wambo69

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I'd bet on this to be a direct-to-DVD release.

I hope not.... and I doubt if they did make another it would go straight to dvd. Spongebob's pretty popular so I'm sure it would be a box office hit if they made another movie. If it wouldn't be in theaters there wouldn't be much of a point in making one really. We already have enough sb tv movies/specials.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
From a radio interview with Tom Kenny this week:

Any chance of another movie?
"Well, there are rumours circulating about a second movie to be greenlit, perhaps in the very near future."

Back