307b. Big League Bob

PinkPugPrincess

Baby Patrick Star
Staff
Favorite Character
Patrick Star

Discuss the episode here!

Last edited:
Really good episode, 9/10! Nick's really stepped up their game in terms of modern SpongeBob.
The parts with Patrick just vanishing are funny, and the scene with everything falling apart (which I call the Spongy Calamity) is good too. Nice to see they didn't forget about the time bomb either.

I liked this episode quite a bit. Still doesn't dethrone BassWard as my fav of S14 but it was good. It had some funny moments and the competition part was kinda interesting. The structure is a bit weird though, and the ending is also kinda weird (but funny).

How did they manage to get back the rights to Alley Cats? That's a Carlin Production Music track and they lost the rights to those after Season 10 (when APM lost the rights to the CPM library)

How did they manage to get back the rights to Alley Cats? That's a Carlin Production Music track and they lost the rights to those after Season 10 (when APM lost the rights to the CPM library)
They have actually gotten a CPM license in late S13 around Plankon and the Beanstalk. Back then they used like two or three in an episode and not every episode just every other episode, so I'd assume their rights were limited at that point, then, especially in the last few episodes CPM started being used a lot. Alley Cats is not the only CPM track in Big League Bob. And Sammy Suckerfish and The Dirty Bubble Bass also used TONS of CPM tracks.

Edit: I didn't remember at the time I wrote the comment but actually there were CPM tracks as early as Delivery to Monster Island (African Conflict and Bloodbath)

Last edited:
They have actually gotten a CPM license in late S13 around Plankon and the Beanstalk. Back then they used like two or three in an episode and not every episode just every other episode, so I'd assume their rights were limited at that point, then, especially in the last few episodes CPM started being used a lot. Alley Cats is not the only CPM track in Big League Bob. And Sammy Suckerfish and The Dirty Bubble Bass also used TONS of CPM tracks.
That's awesome. I hope they somehow have the budget to do the same with Dennis Music.

I've seen people call this one of the best modern episodes and yup!
  1. Tango Tangle (15/10)
  2. Big League Bob (11/10)
  3. Spongechovy (10/10)
  4. Sheldon Squarepants (10/10)
  5. Sammy Suckerfish (9.5/10)
  6. Bassward (9.5/10)
  7. Hysterical Hystory (9.5/10)
  8. Pl-1413 (9/10)
  9. Momageddon (9/10)
  10. We ❤️ Hoops (8.5/10)
  11. Mooned! (8.5/10)
  12. Squidiot Box (8/10)